Project: Onset (Game)

Yaizo

Jan 1, 2022
I been working on a 2d side scroller game for the past week and i would like to get some input and opinions on the idea I have for it.

The game is going to take place in a hospital where a girl wakes up from a coma like state with no memory, just to find out that the world is filled with monsters and mutated beings who seem to have a strong impulse to breed.

I plan for this game to be under the tags of (#beastiality, #monster, #horror, #side-scroller, #eggs, #pregnancy, #monster-girl, #rape, #creampie, #animated) maybe a few more.

If anyone interested for the future I plan to add secrets, other areas like towns, forests, back alleys, places to possibly find weapons and clothing. and more.

Any ideas/opinions/recommendations are welcome as this is the main reason I'm making this post.
(I'm mainly looking for ideas on monsters)
Fell free to ask anything..

Update: I have come up with some monster concepts and animation starts from 18/03/24, And i hope to get a playable demo out within the next month.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png Screenshot 2024-03-17 182650.png

Last edited:

Yaizo

Jan 1, 2022
What's the purpose of the amnesia?
Is there an end goal for the character?
I don't plan to develop a full story for the character so there wont be a background story as its unknown with no memories which wont ever come back. but for the goal its more to survive and explore, but I do plan to implement a area which is the origin of the apocalypse in a optional area with a possible boss fight (More of a secret area, which shows some of the lore)

(These are my thoughts for now, but things could change)

fyl3toys

Dec 24, 2021
I kinda like the idea of the hospital being this multilevel building, and when you make your way down to the bottom floor all the exits are blocked so you have to make your way to the roof. There you create some kind of shabby walkway to the next building over, and have to make your way down to the first floor of that building.

Might make for an opportunity to showcase more difficult enemies in the new building along with a new skill set earned along the way.

Or instead of going to the next building there's a helicopter on the roof, but it's broke down and you have to go back into the hospital to find parts scattered throughout the building.

:unsure:

Yaizo

Jan 1, 2022
I kinda like the idea of the hospital being this multilevel building, and when you make your way down to the bottom floor all the exits are blocked so you have to make your way to the roof. There you create some kind of shabby walkway to the next building over, and have to make your way down to the first floor of that building.

Might make for an opportunity to showcase more difficult enemies in the new building along with a new skill set earned along the way.

Or instead of going to the next building there's a helicopter on the roof, but it's broke down and you have to go back into the hospital to find parts scattered throughout the building.

:unsure:
I don't want to force the player to stick in one area for too long. although the roof walkway idea is interesting, I plan to make a basement floor with a backup generator which can be turned on to unlock the emergency door/gate to get out. next level I plan to implement are a alleyway which will contain human enemies. A stage after this is where I plan to introduce a change of clothing. and i have the idea to implement crossroad type options which you can come back later and explore. And I want to implement side levels in every level like doors and such which would have items or special events in them. this is as far as i thought about the game.

Thx for the ideas...

Reactions: fyl3toys

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
Is it important to the story to have it low-light? If you're going to put a glow around the character anyway maybe just keep the lights on.

I immediately thought of this game after seeing your concept:

Yaizo

Jan 1, 2022
Is it important to the story to have it low-light? If you're going to put a glow around the character anyway maybe just keep the lights on.

I immediately thought of this game after seeing your concept:
yes its to give it the feel of being in the dark, lights will come on after the generator turns on, attest that's the idea, also keep in mind these are just sprites which is only half of what its going to looks like. I plan to add a particle effects which will move and what not later on. and the light which you can see in sprites will work like a view field where enemies come into view only after they get close to you. i plan to compliment this with sounds of footsteps and noises to give a warning that a monster is near.