Unreal Engine Project Maiden: Tactics and Dating sim [Development Thread]

SpiteWorks

May 9, 2023
Hello!
Gear system, combat camera, and enemy pathfinding have all been completely reworked!
Coming week will focus on designing and implementing mission objectives, as well as implementing the Late-game wolf unit, the Alpha.

SpiteWorks

May 9, 2023
Hello!
The Mission objective system has been added, with a variety of mission objectives, such as sabotage, assassination, target rescue, and survival!
In addition, the alpha has been renamed to the Champion, and possesses A stronger version of the wolf's basic howl ability, which has the ability to summon additional wolves to join the fight.
In addition, wolves now have a new ranged attack, and while functional, isn't visually finished yet.
The coming week will focus on Finishing up the Bulwark's dialogue in preparation for voice acting!
in terms of Conqueror Expression progress, the current status is 9/11!

Reactions: Kodman

SpiteWorks

May 9, 2023
Hello!
The bulwark's dialogue has been completely finalized!
In addition, I've reached out to and come to an agreement with a skilled VA to voice the bulwark!
On the gameplay front, some progress was stalled as my assets were broken and needed to re-import them, but two of the three levels for Secondary missions have been finished!
For the conqueror Expressions, All are finished!
The plan for this week is to finalize all three secondary missions, as well as finally implement the hair system!

Reactions: TheExordick

SpiteWorks

May 9, 2023
Hello!
Managed to finish up the dialogue system last week!.
Development is full speed ahead on implementing the third, un-announced Maiden for the initial release! current progress is 2/5 Abilities Finished. In addition, I want to finalize the Conqueror's dialogue this week, assuming no writers block. And finally, I want to make sure that I'm able to finalize the Maiden Manager screen this week, since it's currently an extremely bare-bones prototype more than anything.

SpiteWorks

May 9, 2023
Keep up the good work OP! is the link to the test build updated? is it possible to try it?
thanks for the encouragement! the linked build is extremely old, and exists mostly as evidence that i'm serious about the game.
Obligatory warning that it's extremely poorly optimized and light on content for it's DL size (no LODs bc i didn't know what they were when i made it XD) The current build is much farther along. I might post another combat-only alpha build in this dev thread before the official vertical slice release, but no promises.

SpiteWorks

May 9, 2023
Hello!
progress on the maiden selection screen is 90% finished, just resolving minor issues now
Implementation of the third class' abilities is almost finished, the last one left is her Utility ability.
Although I wanted to finish up the Conqueror's dialogue, I was unable to.

the coming week will be focused on wrapping up these 3 tasks.
Here's a preview of an animated stealth effect I've been working on!
1712769577460.png
and heres a pic of the maiden gear screen!
1712770616201.png

Last edited:

SpiteWorks

May 9, 2023
Hello!
The maiden selection screen and Desperada abilities have all been fully designed and finished!
Unfortunately, little progress has been made on the writing front.

I'm going to be putting writing on the backburner for a while, the coming week will focus on mission objectives as well as loading screens and mission selection.

SpiteWorks

May 9, 2023
Pretty small update this week, seeing as i was busy with IRL stuff

Started tinkering with a plugin from the UEM for loading screens, and received the finished voice lines for the bulwark!
coming week will be focused on mission selection, audio editing and level design

SpiteWorks

May 9, 2023
Imported the hair for the third character!
additionally, managed to resolve a massive bug with enemy combat, meaning that everything is far smoother now.
worked on ability previews for the third character
Imported new assets to use for the terrain on story missions.
Finalized two victory conditions, extermination and survival. 1714507414211.png

this week will be focusing on the Assassination Victory conditions, and the creation of more story levels