VN Ren'Py "Project Caffeine" - [Development Thread] - Update 04/22

What Kind Of Futanari Genitals/Anatomy Do You Like? (Choose All That Apply!)

• Very Small Cocks (Less Than 3 Inches)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Small Cocks (3-4 Inches)

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Average Cocks (5-6 Inches)

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Large Cocks (7-11 Inches)

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Huge Cocks (12+ Inches, The Bigger The Better!)

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Circumcised (Cut Cocks)

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Uncircumcised (Uncut Cocks, Yay Foreskin!)

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Human Cocks

Votes: 35 79.5%
  • Beast / Animal Cocks (Horse, Dog, Etc.)

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • Exotic Cocks (Alien, Demonic, Double Dicks, Etc.)

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
View attachment 3320244

Duuude! Really appreciate that! This is exactly what I meant about criticism being a good thing if it comes from the right state of mind!

Very good advice, I never thought about the difference of avoidable vs. optional! I'll definitely have to consider that moving foward when I begin to code the game.

Thank you for the inspiring words Vee!! Super cool of you! :giggle:

JohnSoprano

Jan 30, 2023
Sounds like a pretty cool project, lots of tags that are rare and interesting. Personally not sold on the only female and futa population, but I think I’ll still check it out :)
Best of luck dev

• Red Heart
Reactions: CoffeeCurse

CoffeeCurse

Dec 7, 2023
Sounds like a pretty cool project, lots of tags that are rare and interesting. Personally not sold on the only female and futa population, but I think I’ll still check it out :)
Best of luck dev
Thanks for the kind words! Totally understand your preference, hopefully the story and scenes will pull ya in and you'll still have a good time! :D

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017

:coffee: --- Welcome To Project Caffeine! --- :coffee:
Hallo and hey! Thanks so much for visiting!

This is going to be the development thread for the adult visual novel I'm working on, codenamed and tentatively titled: Project Caffeine!

This will remain the working title for this project until the first update (0.1) is released.

This development post's visuals are heavily work-in-progress and I'm posting it before I have all the renders together purely out of excitement to start posting about it. Also it's helpful for motivation.

If you see anything with the [RENDER] reference on it, that means it'll be updated with the appropriate visuals real soon! :)

I'll be adding to this post regularly, and I'm pushing to have this main "outline/compendium" done as soon as possible.

This is a long post, so if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions--reach out! I'm super happy to chat and discuss every aspect of its development!

--- What I Am Currently Working On ---

"Building Early Versions Of Main Cast Characters."

I'm striving to make each character incredibly unique and have diversity between body shapes, face shapes, makeup/color palettes, and general "vibes". I use 100's of morphs to add small details just about everywhere to really make each character stand out.

(Also need to proofread this post…)

--- Story, Plot, & Themes ---

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

--- Tags & Fetishes ---

--- Design Tenets & Correspondence ---

--- Character Showcase ---

--- Visuals, Gameplay, & Audio ---

--- Release Schedule & Support ---

love double anal, incest even more, cant wait to see it and i wanted to ask, that be cool if you had a event where the family go in a barn and they have fun with horses :O! you already have dog so i thought, why not

• Thinking Face

CoffeeCurse

Dec 7, 2023
Hey CoffeeCurse I was wondering how development is going?
Hey there!! Appreciate you checking in on the game! :D

Development is still going strong, though I'll admit that I've been slacking on here with posting updates. ALOT of the work right now is backend stuff that isn't terribly "flashy" and is primarily just LOOOOTS of 3D and coding practice.

I defintely didn't forecast just how much time some of this stuff takes, but I'll still loving it and my workflow is getting faster every week.

There was also ANOTHER big Patreon TOS shift which put's this project deep into the red zone, which kind of took the wind out of my sails for a bit (as it would mean this project would have no funding), but I'm hoping alternatives like Subscribestar will offer a platform for me when the time comes.

I'll try my hardest to start putting out more Dev Updates. The 0.1 cast in nearly finished so I can start sharing them, and I'm really really happy with where the writing is--it's a dense and flippin cool world that I can't wait to share. I think peeps are gonna dig it! :D #WorldBuildingIsTheBest

snailslow.PNG
Let me know if you have any ideas that would be good for Dev Updates, of if I can answer any questions! :giggle:

CoffeeCurse

Dec 7, 2023
love double anal, incest even more, cant wait to see it and i wanted to ask, that be cool if you had a event where the family go in a barn and they have fun with horses :O! you already have dog so i thought, why not
Birds of a feather on the first two! :cool:

And hmmm... not sure the family is going to be investing in overalls and renting an equestrian center anytime soon... I'm on the fence with beast stuff and don't have lots of practice with it... but I'll never say never!

HOWEVER! Characters in later updates will be equipped with exotic anatomy, so if you like horsecock, you won't be disappointed!

Zolkane

Jun 2, 2017
Birds of a feather on the first two! :cool:

And hmmm... not sure the family is going to be investing in overalls and renting an equestrian center anytime soon... I'm on the fence with beast stuff and don't have lots of practice with it... but I'll never say never!

HOWEVER! Characters in later updates will be equipped with exotic anatomy, so if you like horsecock, you won't be disappointed!
I hope you gonna do it oneday, your game look promising, goodjob

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

BlueCrossX

Apr 3, 2020
Hey there!! Appreciate you checking in on the game! :D

Development is still going strong, though I'll admit that I've been slacking on here with posting updates. ALOT of the work right now is backend stuff that isn't terribly "flashy" and is primarily just LOOOOTS of 3D and coding practice.

I defintely didn't forecast just how much time some of this stuff takes, but I'll still loving it and my workflow is getting faster every week.

There was also ANOTHER big Patreon TOS shift which put's this project deep into the red zone, which kind of took the wind out of my sails for a bit (as it would mean this project would have no funding), but I'm hoping alternatives like Subscribestar will offer a platform for me when the time comes.

I'll try my hardest to start putting out more Dev Updates. The 0.1 cast in nearly finished so I can start sharing them, and I'm really really happy with where the writing is--it's a dense and flippin cool world that I can't wait to share. I think peeps are gonna dig it! :D #WorldBuildingIsTheBest

Let me know if you have any ideas that would be good for Dev Updates, of if I can answer any questions! :giggle:
Have you consider something like Trap or Sissification, and what do you mean by Attribute Theft? Also what type of transformation would you be looking to do?

CoffeeCurse

Dec 7, 2023
Have you consider something like Trap or Sissification, and what do you mean by Attribute Theft? Also what type of transformation would you be looking to do?
Trap/Sissification

Since the game's universe consists of only females and futanaris, I don't think anything would technically be considered "Trap". However there are characters that will have a very similar body and anatomy type. Sissification is the same, it won't be to the letter, but there will be opportunities for you to make certain characters more "feminine" in regards to their personality and their physical features over time.

Attribute Theft

This is a genre/tag/fetish that isn't explored terribly often. There's actually a scene early in the game the describes how this works in universe.

Simple definition would be: altering one's physical appearance and/or attributes by taking and transferring them from another person--usually by means of another genre, such as magic, fantasy, or shapeshifting. The "theft" of it is sometimes misleading, as it isn't always nonconsensual.

Random examples would be:

Non-Con: A dominant individual who is jealous of your height and stature, magically steals 6 inches of your height, rendering you 6 inches shorter, and them 6 inches taller.

Con: A submissive individual with a love of anal, offers you inches of their cock, decreasing their size and increasing yours, to increase the enjoyment for both of you.

Transformation

For this game, transformation will tie into the deeper fantasy elements of the world. The above attribute theft is underneath the transformation "umbrella". But there will be characters more "adept" and their abilties that will allow them to alter their appearance at will, akin to a shapeshifter. This could be anything from adding to their cup size, changing their skin tone, mimicking and "cloning" themselves into other characters, and eventually moving into more advanced stuff like demonic, beastial, and fantasy forms.

:coffee: :giggle: Hope that clears some stuff up!

BlueCrossX

Apr 3, 2020
Trap/Sissification

Since the game's universe consists of only females and futanaris, I don't think anything would technically be considered "Trap". However there are characters that will have a very similar body and anatomy type. Sissification is the same, it won't be to the letter, but there will be opportunities for you to make certain characters more "feminine" in regards to their personality and their physical features over time.

Attribute Theft

This is a genre/tag/fetish that isn't explored terribly often. There's actually a scene early in the game the describes how this works in universe.

Simple definition would be: altering one's physical appearance and/or attributes by taking and transferring them from another person--usually by means of another genre, such as magic, fantasy, or shapeshifting. The "theft" of it is sometimes misleading, as it isn't always nonconsensual.

Random examples would be:

Non-Con: A dominant individual who is jealous of your height and stature, magically steals 6 inches of your height, rendering you 6 inches shorter, and them 6 inches taller.

Con: A submissive individual with a love of anal, offers you inches of their cock, decreasing their size and increasing yours, to increase the enjoyment for both of you.

Transformation

For this game, transformation will tie into the deeper fantasy elements of the world. The above attribute theft is underneath the transformation "umbrella". But there will be characters more "adept" and their abilties that will allow them to alter their appearance at will, akin to a shapeshifter. This could be anything from adding to their cup size, changing their skin tone, mimicking and "cloning" themselves into other characters, and eventually moving into more advanced stuff like demonic, beastial, and fantasy forms.

:coffee: :giggle: Hope that clears some stuff up!
It did clear things up for me and has made me more excited to play, the world seems so creative and interesting.

• Yay, new update!

CoffeeCurse

Dec 7, 2023
--- Update ---

Welcoming The Twins

Twins_Devshot_0.1.png

A warm welcome to the twins of the family, Hailey and Iris: The Brains and the Brat!

I had a hard time deciding on which concept to go with Hailey, so I decided to go against compromise and instead turn her into a pair of twins! Physically they are very similar, but their personalities couldn’t be more different. I really enjoy how they interact with each other, the family, and you as the character. Two teens bursting with hormones and sharing a bedroom… what could go wrong… :devilish:

Let me know what you think of their models! :giggle:

New Poll (Futanari Anatomy)

A new poll is up for the thread. This time focusing on futanari genitals and what kind of anatomy everyone likes! This will help me equip everyone properly and I'm very curious to see what people are into.

NTR Poll Results & NTR Avoidable Switch

Here are the results from the previous poll regarding NTR. I also think I have good news for everyone, on both ends, on how it will be implemented.

F95_Poll_01.PNG

42% (31/73) - Positive

14% (10/73) - Neutral

44% (32/73) - Negative

The results are pretty much what I expected. NTR is a pretty polarizing genre. I am glad that the majority of people are either interested or neutral towards it, which means I can continue on with my original plans, delve into it more, and know people will still enjoy it!

On the flip side, for those that have NO interest in NTR, and could even steer them away, I think I figured out how to handle this within the story and the game's code.

Originally all I thought I had to do was make it "optional", so that if you didn't want to see the scenes, you just never click the options, or just rollback if you made a mistake. However someone helpful on here mentioned going another step further to make it "avoidable" altogether for those who don’t want it. Which is smart!

The game now has an "NTR Switch" coded into it, which will be toggleable during an early scene with a certain character who acts as a sort of "pseudo-rival" to your character. This scene will offer the player the option of "sharing" with them, and there will be a very clear and obvious internal dialogue where the MC comes to understand that going through with this will "open up many doors" in the future. After that there will be a very clear choice, Yes or No. If you agree to it, Yes, the game will include NTR scenes, and if you DON'T agree to it, No, the game will automatically skip any NTR scenes and avoid any dialogue regarding it.

Since NTR won't make up the majority of the scenes of each update, I think this allows everyone to have their cake and eat it too!

Character Changes

Since I technically introduced another pair of "twins", I made some changes to Carmen's character so she will no longer be the "twin sister" to the main character. Having two pairs of twins in one family seems a bit silly, and it only took an evening or two to make some rewrites in the scripts. Instead, Carmen will now be your younger sister, but still older than the twins.

That now makes Brooke the mother of SIX children! What an awesome mom! It's almost like she has a breeding fetish or something… o_O:devilish:

What's Next?

I need to finalize the rest of the 0.1 cast to their "0.1 versions". It's taking longer than expected... THANKS OCD! After that, I'll be reviewing each character and making changes where I think they are needed. This includes editing their shapes and adjusting fine details, as well as getting them into their first sets of outfits, which includes a full clothing wardrobe, accessories, makeup, and more. While this may seem unnecessary, I really hate the idea of making changes to characters after it has started releasing, so I want to get things right the first time.

I've got most of the environments ready for all the 0.1 scenes, and I'm REALLY happy with them. I just need to finalize their lighting setups which is a bitch--interiors are a nightmare sometimes. I'll start sharing locations soon to give people an idea of the setting.

Then I'll start rendering the scenes... I have the thumbnails and storyboard done... and it's going to be a nightmare. :ROFLMAO: I hope my poor PC can handle so many renders. I've decided on native 2k renders, downsampled to 1080p, which should help clean noise and not bloat the eventual game files. As much as I like 4k, with 8k lighting resolution, it can make cook times for some renders take a handful of hours. I'll eventually need a rendering machine if this game takes off.

As for the writing, this is the part of the development process I love the most. As such, it's always a mile ahead of the rest. 0.1 is already entirely written, and while it needs a lot more proofing it's a beast and I'm proud of it! The lore and worldbuilding of the setting is also really getting wild and exciting. I'm thinking about making a separate resource once the game starts releasing updates as like a "sourcebook" for the world so people can understand more about it--it's becoming a fantasy adventure at this point! :geek:

:coffee: Thanks for reading and I hope you're doing awesome and having the best of days/evenings. Cheers! :coffee:

Frostiiii

Aug 20, 2017
--- Update ---

Welcoming The Twins

View attachment 3538887

A warm welcome to the twins of the family, Hailey and Iris: The Brains and the Brat!

I had a hard time deciding on which concept to go with Hailey, so I decided to go against compromise and instead turn her into a pair of twins! Physically they are very similar, but their personalities couldn’t be more different. I really enjoy how they interact with each other, the family, and you as the character. Two teens bursting with hormones and sharing a bedroom… what could go wrong… :devilish:

Let me know what you think of their models! :giggle:

New Poll (Futanari Anatomy)

A new poll is up for the thread. This time focusing on futanari genitals and what kind of anatomy everyone likes! This will help me equip everyone properly and I'm very curious to see what people are into.

NTR Poll Results & NTR Avoidable Switch

Here are the results from the previous poll regarding NTR. I also think I have good news for everyone, on both ends, on how it will be implemented.

View attachment 3538903

42% (31/73) - Positive

14% (10/73) - Neutral

44% (32/73) - Negative

The results are pretty much what I expected. NTR is a pretty polarizing genre. I am glad that the majority of people are either interested or neutral towards it, which means I can continue on with my original plans, delve into it more, and know people will still enjoy it!

On the flip side, for those that have NO interest in NTR, and could even steer them away, I think I figured out how to handle this within the story and the game's code.

Originally all I thought I had to do was make it "optional", so that if you didn't want to see the scenes, you just never click the options, or just rollback if you made a mistake. However someone helpful on here mentioned going another step further to make it "avoidable" altogether for those who don’t want it. Which is smart!

The game now has an "NTR Switch" coded into it, which will be toggleable during an early scene with a certain character who acts as a sort of "pseudo-rival" to your character. This scene will offer the player the option of "sharing" with them, and there will be a very clear and obvious internal dialogue where the MC comes to understand that going through with this will "open up many doors" in the future. After that there will be a very clear choice, Yes or No. If you agree to it, Yes, the game will include NTR scenes, and if you DON'T agree to it, No, the game will automatically skip any NTR scenes and avoid any dialogue regarding it.

Since NTR won't make up the majority of the scenes of each update, I think this allows everyone to have their cake and eat it too!

Character Changes

Since I technically introduced another pair of "twins", I made some changes to Carmen's character so she will no longer be the "twin sister" to the main character. Having two pairs of twins in one family seems a bit silly, and it only took an evening or two to make some rewrites in the scripts. Instead, Carmen will now be your younger sister, but still older than the twins.

That now makes Brooke the mother of SIX children! What an awesome mom! It's almost like she has a breeding fetish or something…
o_O:devilish:

What's Next?

I need to finalize the rest of the 0.1 cast to their "0.1 versions". It's taking longer than expected... THANKS OCD! After that, I'll be reviewing each character and making changes where I think they are needed. This includes editing their shapes and adjusting fine details, as well as getting them into their first sets of outfits, which includes a full clothing wardrobe, accessories, makeup, and more. While this may seem unnecessary, I really hate the idea of making changes to characters after it has started releasing, so I want to get things right the first time.

I've got most of the environments ready for all the 0.1 scenes, and I'm REALLY happy with them. I just need to finalize their lighting setups which is a bitch--interiors are a nightmare sometimes. I'll start sharing locations soon to give people an idea of the setting.

Then I'll start rendering the scenes... I have the thumbnails and storyboard done... and it's going to be a nightmare. :ROFLMAO: I hope my poor PC can handle so many renders. I've decided on native 2k renders, downsampled to 1080p, which should help clean noise and not bloat the eventual game files. As much as I like 4k, with 8k lighting resolution, it can make cook times for some renders take a handful of hours. I'll eventually need a rendering machine if this game takes off.

As for the writing, this is the part of the development process I love the most. As such, it's always a mile ahead of the rest. 0.1 is already entirely written, and while it needs a lot more proofing it's a beast and I'm proud of it! The lore and worldbuilding of the setting is also really getting wild and exciting. I'm thinking about making a separate resource once the game starts releasing updates as like a "sourcebook" for the world so people can understand more about it--it's becoming a fantasy adventure at this point! :geek:

:coffee: Thanks for reading and I hope you're doing awesome and having the best of days/evenings. Cheers! :coffee:
OMG they are so friggin cute!!!!!! well done Coffee!!

socute.png

Also I see a bulge O.O I can only imagine what they are gonna get up to! Agree with above, can't wait to see the rest of the characters and see them in action!

• Red Heart

CoffeeCurse

Dec 7, 2023
Will we be able to NTR other characters?
Hey Blue!

There ABSOLUTELY will be! There is an extensive cast of characters that you will be able to interact with and have the option to "cheat" on with. (They will be cheating on their partner with you.)

This could include anything from quick one-night stands, secret relationships, all the way to full blown storylines--with themes of blackmail, shady dealings, and events hosted by the eerie organization you will be discovering throughout the game.

Rough examples of this from the current storyboard would be:

- An alcohol and adrenaline fueled evening at a popular nightclub leads the MC and a friend (who is in a relantionship with someone else you know) getting a bit more friendly than expected, leading to a steamy encounter in the bathroom when you both go to freshen up.

- The girlfriend of one of your younger siblings has always had a crush on you growing up, and now that she's 18 and spending a lot of time at your family's house, she'll stop at nothing to flirt with you. It'll be up to you how far you let this play out.

- A member of an organization you are interacting with is a very influential and married woman being blackmailed in regards to a scandal that threatens her position in the city. You are given the reins on how to deal with her, making you her "handler", leading to all sorts of debauchery!

It's going to be a fun tiiiiime!

CoffeeCurse

Dec 7, 2023
Dev_CoffeeCockShopping.jpg

Coffee Shopping For Cocks

The current poll and my ongoing "phallic research" for the game has me feeling like this right now--just casually surrounded by yummy futas! (Aka "Heaven") :giggle:

These are just a few. Which one is your favorite?

Please keep polling! The more we get, the better equipped the characters will be! Thank you!! :geek:

(Realized my posts were getting a bit too pedestrian so went ahead and added something more X-Rated for practice. I also want to start showcasing what kind of quality you can expect from the renders, so I'm going to also start sharing practice renders!)