Problem with windows 10 April update in RenPy Games

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hi I just update my windows to latest update called " April update 1803 " since then, every time I run any RenPy game this message shows to me

I update both directX and gpu driver but not solved the problem.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Hi I just update my windows to latest update called " April update 1803 " since then, every time I run any RenPy game this message shows to me

I update both directX and gpu driver but not solved the problem.
if using laptop make sure you're using the right gpu. (right click -> run with graphics processor -> )

Reactions: Ara-sH

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
if using laptop make sure you're using the right gpu. (right click -> run with graphics processor -> )
No Im using PC, and problem only in full screen, in windowed mode, I have no error

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Do me a favor go to your game folder and then open -> renpy -> display. Find core.py. Upload it here.
Also try shift + g and from the graphics accelerator menu choose OpenGl. If it does nothing do it again and go back to directx and upload the file above.

Reactions: if95

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
Im not at home to upload file , but as I said before, in ALL of renpy game I have this problem.

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
Do me a favor go to your game folder and then open -> renpy -> display. Find core.py. Upload it here.
Also try shift + g and from the graphics accelerator menu choose OpenGl. If it does nothing do it again and go back to directx and upload the file above.
this is core.py from milfy city
also i change to openGL but same error again.

anschwww

May 10, 2017
funfact: 6 hours after my post, i received the failure again :D
i heard from several people with problems with the newest win10 and nvidia update
so i uninstalled the gpu driver, restarted pc and than installed the 2nd last driver from
i hope the best :D

negative1

Jun 5, 2017
I just rebooted my PC to solve the issue. I only get the error if I run a fullscreen game like Battletech or Farcry 5 between when I boot my PC up and when I launch a Renpy game.

Fun fact I have delayed the April update of Windows 10 (because Microsoft ALWAYS launches major updates broken as hell) so not sure if that is related or if it is the drivers side.

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Sorry for the late response, I'm not even sure if this will work but try replacing the core.py file with the one inside this zip and let me know what happens.

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
i have the same problem in full screen with all Ren'Py games. With AMD graphics cards, an older driver could help. With the driver version 17.10.1 I did not have the problem, only with the drivers 18.2.1/18.4.1 of AMD.

Saan01

May 31, 2018
i don't know what to say , i can't recognize my problem . it's just , the game doesn't start . no error , nothing happens .