• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Problem trying to start up some games

JustJiggity

Mar 20, 2020
When I try to open a game, a new window opens for a millisecond then disappears and that's it. How can I fix this?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Some more info would be helpful.
Like, which games? Which engine do they use (Ren'py/Unity/etc)? Which OS are you running?

JustJiggity

Mar 20, 2020
Some more info would be helpful.
Like, which games? Which engine do they use (Ren'py/Unity/etc)? Which OS are you running?
It's only some games in RPGM like Tower of Trample and stuff like that. I'm on Windows 10 and already have the RTP installed. Is this enough?

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I tried Tower of Trample. I get a message window that audio files are missing. Then the game crashes/exits.

JustJiggity

Mar 20, 2020
I tried Tower of Trample. I get a message window that audio files are missing. Then the game crashes/exits.
For me, it doesn't even give an error message. The window just pops up and disappears and I've tried some things like setting system locale but it's still happening.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Actually, it turns out the game works for me. My RPGM install was broken, which is why it couldn't find the audio files.

Maybe if you start the game via a cmd-window you will see an error message.

Last edited:

JustJiggity

Mar 20, 2020
Actually, it turns out the game works for me. My RPGM install was broken, which is why it couldn't find the audio files.

Maybe if you start the game via a cmd-window you will see an error message.
Well, I don't know what the hell I did but it finally worked.

Reactions: Alcahest