4.60 star(s) 20 Votes

Sendero

Mar 21, 2018
Virus warning from Defender, there is something in the game.exe with this game . all others have no issues.

Bokken

Jun 14, 2017
"Hey there, My name is Fred and I work with the Trust & Safety team here at Patreon...

...and if there's anything I can help with in the future, don't hesitate to let me know.
I'm here to help."

Sure, Fred, you can fill your pants with raw meat and go swim in shark-infested waters.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Hi,

we had a report of a possible virus in the exe of the game.
Here is the link at virus total:

It is actually recognized by 6 antivirus on 66. It is obliviously up to you decide if download it or not but we believe that it is a false positive.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
At least one game launcher has been detected as Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A by Windows Defender before this one.
The possible reason is that the launcher is trying to access system information to adjust resolution and/or movie quality:

McAfee isn't an authority I would take very seriously :rolleyes: ( )

The others may be just following MS's example.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I compared the HQ file from OP with an official one from Patreon and there are no differences.
I checked both files with BitDefender and that has no problems with either file.

Only thing I can think of is that @Boomatica used new plugins for this release (from a well known developer) and maybe they get flagged as 'virus' by some AV programs.

Reactions: Boom's Attic Games

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
When I tried to exclude the specific file game.exe in Windows Defender, I got a message saying this file couldn't be excluded because it contains a virus lol.

To get this to run on my PC, I downloaded the zip file, put the zip file in a NEW FOLDER and named it [whatever], then excluded that entire folder. Don't unzip the file until after you've excluded the folder you've put it into. Worked just fine after that.

Go to Start > Settings > Updates & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection settings > Add or remove exclusions > Add your recently created new folder where you've placed the ZIP file.

Reactions: bobn

Deleted member 24507

Well-Known Member Amateur Artist 3D
Donor
May 5, 2017
Sammie and Emily both need to be at 100.
but the only one I see is Sammie on the beach, since her mother, I go to the house at all times and I do not see her, only the night when the MC goes there and Emily says they're going to take a shower! Can it be a bug? I'm using the save from the previous version

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
but the only one I see is Sammie on the beach, since her mother, I go to the house at all times and I do not see her, only the night when the MC goes there and Emily says they're going to take a shower! Can it be a bug? I'm using the save from the previous version
For Emily you need to go to the pool. Once both are over 100, the next morning the indicator appears that there's an event.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Not sure if OSX is having a security issue, but cannot open a Mac version (lo or hi - workupload or mega) at all. Hangs on verifying game application. Never had this issue with previous games, so not sure. Will wait for the dust to settle...

4.60 star(s) 20 Votes