Print Project or All Open Files

MixaelPixael

Aug 17, 2017
(Sorry if this is in the wrong place.)
I'm wondering if anyone could direct me to a good text/code editor that has a "Print Project" Or "Print all open Files" function. I'm currently using Notepad++ 64-bit, and there isn't a plugin available to do that. I'd like to have a project open (several text files), click "Print All" (or whatever it's called), set the printer settings I want (duplex/single side, draft/normal quality, etc) one time, then let it go printing all code files I have open.

I can do this file by file if need be, but was hoping someone could direct me to something that fits what I"m looking for.

MixaelPixael

Aug 17, 2017
I'm old school....I like to have hard copy to look through when I debug or when I want modify/clean up/change the source code on a large scale. Also, I can have it with me when I can't have the computer with me (cause my laptop is dying and it's hard to carry my desktop machine.

TLDR: SO I can has the printouts to do shit :p

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
Lol. Hardcore. I can't for the life of me bother doing stuff like that in analogue mode :D But then I do have about 5-6 laptops I could change between if the need arises, or a tablet, or yeah...
Unfortunately, I don't know of any editors that does that (I guess it's not that much in demand?) - couldn't find anything for Sublime either, which is the one I use. Note that Sublime doesn't even have a default, built in way to print anything - you need a plugin just for that :D

MixaelPixael

Aug 17, 2017
Okay, this sucks. I LOOKED for that, and it wasn't in the list. I went to double check just now, and there it is. Thanks for making me look again.

MixaelPixael

Aug 17, 2017
Lol. Hardcore. I can't for the life of me bother doing stuff like that in analogue mode :D But then I do have about 5-6 laptops I could change between if the need arises, or a tablet, or yeah...
Unfortunately, I don't know of any editors that does that (I guess it's not that much in demand?) - couldn't find anything for Sublime either, which is the one I use. Note that Sublime doesn't even have a default, built in way to print anything - you need a plugin just for that :D
Well, the modern stuff I looked at today seems to be print one at a time, or find another way to print. I guess the days of having a hardcopy are gone. (To be fair, it was about 15 years ago that I was doing that. And the stuff I've done more recently has been only one or two files, so didn't really need the feature :) )

I guess the fact that I still write code out long hand on paper before throwing it in the machine is archaic, as well!:closedtongue:

MixaelPixael

Aug 17, 2017
The short answer to that is... "yes". The long answer... look at the short answer :D
HA HA HA HA HA! I genuinely chuckled at that! Well played, my friend, well played.
(I figured out why I checked for "Print All" and it wasn't there, then later it was...I'm running different versions on my laptop and desktop. One is the current version of NP++ 64-bit, the other is v6.9.2 32-bit! I think I might be getting old.

Reactions: Studio Errilhl