4.30 star(s) 121 Votes

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
can you remind me what it was I kind of forgot I feel only choice I can recall was involving the remnant girls
well it depends on your definition what counts as major, but it's pretty big, because if you encourage them towards romancing each other that can eventually change into the harem route. If you don't, no harem for ya. So it's a pretty major decision.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
well it depends on your definition what counts as major, but it's pretty big, because if you encourage them towards romancing each other that can eventually change into the harem route. If you don't, no harem for ya. So it's a pretty major decision.
ah okay that's what i thought it was just making sure I didn't forget something

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
Yes, but that's the "major romance path choice" from the chapter roadmap. There was no major plot choice... well there wasn't really any other choice in this update. That's why I find it so baffling that people still ask for a walkthrough mod for this game when there is at maximum two decisions per update. Personally I have nothing against kinetic novels, actually I prefer those, so I don't get why this VN is going for the bare minimum to avoid it. This VN can not be described as choice based in any way.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Yes, but that's the "major romance path choice" from the chapter roadmap. There was no major plot choice... well there wasn't really any other choice in this update. That's why I find it so baffling that people still ask for a walkthrough mod for this game when there is at maximum two decisions per update. Personally I have nothing against kinetic novels, actually I prefer those, so I don't get why this VN is going for the bare minimum to avoid it. This VN can not be described as choice based in any way.
Yeah id call this Kinetic lite as the only choice that comes up that seems to impact anything is if we are in a throuple , solo or harem path otherwise everything else is just for flavor as far as I can remember

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I've been playing this game since its first release, I really like it, it's been in my signature for years, the first signatures for this game were requested by me in the GFX thread, I love the story, the characters, etc.
BUT I think it's about time I commented on three aspects of the game that have been nagging me almost since day 1, and that I have never mentioned because I expected them to get better with time, which they haven't. Also, I didn't want to be confused with a hater or stuff like that.

Here I go:

1) In my opinion, the sex scenes are really bad. Those animations are robotic and horrible, and it's a shame that the sex scenes are mostly made up of those animations and nothing else. I can't understand how it would sound like a good idea to get the characters naked suddenly, without showing anything, and then have them fuck in one single position in a robotic animation that is as exciting as watching monkeys mating in a National Geographic documentary. If a dev can't make good enough animations (which is absolutely understandable and fine by me), you should resort to still renders instead to develop those intimate scenes. Show the characters kissing, caressing each other, getting naked, getting into position, facial expressions, detailed cumshots, etc. All of it only using still renders.
This game is not about sex, but about the story; I'm absolutely OK with that. But that doesn't mean that, when there's an erotic scene, it can't be erotic.

2) The music is repetitive and tiresome. Seriously, there are lot of free tracks on the internet to add a little more variety. I'm absolutety sick of that orchestral tune that we always hear during hiking scenes and others, for example. It's been there since day 1 and been overused ad nauseam.

3) If I'm not mistaken, there isn't a single transition between scenes or fade to black in the whole game, which makes the passing from one scene to another feel sudden and abrupt. You are sleeping, then you click and *bam* in the next render you are already on the road, with no transition between both situations. Or maybe the MC and Maria are talking about something in the morning, and then the subtitles read "You spend the rest of the day doing X and are now ready for Y". And indeed, the next render takes you to the scene where the MC is doing Y, skipping a big chunk of time without anything inbetween to ease the narration into it. I'm not sure if I'm managing to get my point across.

And that's all I wanted to complain about, for what it's worth.

Keep playing and choosing the harem path. Every single female in this game deserves a cure :BootyTime:

Last edited:

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I've been playing this game since its first release, I really like it, it's been in my signature for years, the first signatures for this game were requested by me in the GFX thread, I love the story, the characters, etc.
BUT I think it's about time I commented on three aspects of the game that have been nagging me almost since day 1, and that I have never mentioned because I expected them to get better with time, which they haven't. Also, I didn't want to be confused with a hater or stuff like that.

Here I go:

1) In my opinion, the sex scenes are really bad. Those animations are robotic and horrible, and it's a shame that the sex scenes are mostly made up of those animations and nothing else. I can't understand how it would sound like a good idea to get the characters naked suddenly, without showing anything, and then have them fuck in one single position in a robotic animation that is as exciting as watching monkeys mating in a National Geographic documentary. If a dev can't make good enough animations (which is absolutely understandable and fine by me), you should resort to still renders instead to develop those intimate scenes. Show the characters kissing, caressing each other, getting naked, getting into position, facial expressions, detailed cumshots, etc. All of it only using still renders.
This game is not about sex, but about the story; I'm absolutely OK with that. But that doesn't mean that, when there's an erotic scene, it can't be erotic.

2) The music is repetitive and tiresome. Seriously, there are lot of free tracks on the internet to add a little more variety. I'm absolutety sick of that orchestral tune that we always hear during hiking scenes and others, for example. It's been there since day 1 and been overused ad nauseam.

3) If I'm not mistaken, there isn't a single transition between scenes or fade to black in the whole game, which makes the passing from one scene to another feel sudden and abrupt. You are sleeping, then you click and *bam* in the next render you are already on the road, with no transition between both situations. Or maybe the MC and Maria are talking about something in the morning, and then the subtitles read "You spend the rest of the day doing X and are now ready for Y". And indeed, the next render takes you to the scene where the MC is doing Y, skipping a big chunk of time without anything inbetween to ease the narration into it. I'm not sure if I'm managing to get my point across.

And that's all I wanted to complain about, for what it's worth.

Keep playing and choosing the harem path. Every single female in this game deserves a cure :BootyTime:
I've been considering doing an update after Chapter 25 to fix some of those things (and others you haven't mentioned). No promises or details yet, but it's definitely on my mind. My dev schedule was designed for when I worked <40 hours/week from home, not >40 hours/week with an hour commute each way + job searching. Little details like you're describing have been the first thing to go, since they take a disproportionate amount of time compared to things like "standard" renders. Depending on how everything works out, I'd ideally be able to do a full pass of the game and add that sort of stuff (transitions, transition images, idle animations, more music, etc) in before the final Steam launch. I'm only hesitant in committing to that because I don't think I've gone two weeks this year without an unexpected curveball (ie layoff/paycut, family health issues, housing problems, etc). The moment I commit to something like that, I'm sure my GPUs will explode. :ROFLMAO:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I've been considering doing an update after Chapter 25 to fix some of those things (and others you haven't mentioned). No promises or details yet, but it's definitely on my mind. My dev schedule was designed for when I worked <40 hours/week from home, not >40 hours/week with an hour commute each way + job searching. Little details like you're describing have been the first thing to go, since they take a disproportionate amount of time compared to things like "standard" renders. Depending on how everything works out, I'd ideally be able to do a full pass of the game and add that sort of stuff (transitions, transition images, idle animations, more music, etc) in before the final Steam launch. I'm only hesitant in committing to that because I don't think I've gone two weeks this year without an unexpected curveball (ie layoff/paycut, family health issues, housing problems, etc). The moment I commit to something like that, I'm sure my GPUs will explode. :ROFLMAO:
No, don't commit to anything demanding right away. You should go little by little (y)
For example, the transitions, fades to black, etc. are things that you can start applying immediately in the next episodes of the game. Sometimes you won't even need additional renders, but just a coded-in effect marking the end of a scene (e.g. at night) and the beginning of the following (e.g. getting up in the morning or whatever). It would depend on the situation.

Well, shit, I hope things are looking up for you in your personal and professional life.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Happy April everyone! Sorry for the radio silence recently; life has been a bit crazy over the couple months, and not in the good way. I'll be fine, but I haven't had a ton of time/energy for much else than my IRL job, PoP, and sleeping. Fortunately, I'm on a much needed vacation in Central Europe right now, and I'm already feeling a lot more relaxed and recharged for the upcoming weeks and months ahead. Specials for March will be out when I'm back (don't worry, I'll be doing extra to make up for the delay), and then I'll keep everyone posted on the next update's timeline more regularly going forward. Hopefully the worst of the life stuff is behind me, so it should be onwards and upwards from here. :)
Anyways, I'm ready to announce my totally real next project - the Price of Power XXX-TREME MMO experience! It'll be a rogue-like MMORPG with FPS and MOBA elements, mixed with some deck building 4X aspects, a strategic tactical turn-based map with real-time gameplay, lots of non-invasive kernel-level NFT MTX DRM interactions for maximum player retention, and all the AI-generated handholding and head patting you can handle. The new game will be titled POPMMORPGMOBAFPS4XNFTMTXDRMAIHHHP, or POPMMORPGMOBAFPS4XNFTMTXDRMAIWTFHHHP for short. Stay tuned for more details like AI-generated screenshots, fake player reviews, and unrealistic expectations setting! I'm hoping that a legendary game studio like EA will be willing to pick it up, but it might be too good of a game even for them...

Have a good April 1st everyone, I'll be back soon. :)

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Wow. Can't wait for POPMMORPGMOBAFPS4XNFTMTXDRMAIHHHP. You got me at non-invasive kernel-level NFT MTX DRM interactions.

nocctis

May 18, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 682, in script
init -1499 python in achievement:
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 857, in <module>
steam_preinit()
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 778, in steam_preinit
with open(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(sys.executable), "steam_appid.txt"), "w") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'D:/Usu\udce1rios/Win10/Desktop/Jogos/Price-Of-Power-Ch-21\\lib\\py2-windows-x86_64\\steam_appid.txt'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 857, in <module>
steam_preinit()
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 778, in steam_preinit
with open(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(sys.executable), "steam_appid.txt"), "w") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'D:/Usu\udce1rios/Win10/Desktop/Jogos/Price-Of-Power-Ch-21\\lib\\py2-windows-x86_64\\steam_appid.txt'

Can someone help me?

4.30 star(s) 121 Votes