VN Ren'Py Abandoned Power Corrupts: Paragon [v0.1.1] [Double Prolix]

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Par_Ban.png
Overview:
Paragon is a visual novel in which the player is one of the first superheroes to manifest at the dawn of a new age. With only comic books and movies to use as a template, your choices determine how the world sees you, and the rest of your kind.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Updated: 28-Jun-2018
Developer/Publisher: -
Censorship: None
Version: 0.1.1
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Change-Log:
Side story of

Download
PC: - - -
MAC: - - -

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
So since this is made with ren'py I assume this is one of the "side stories" the dev was talking about at the end of the other game's thread?

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/issue1/i1s5Tiffany.rpy", line 96, in <module>
AttributeError: 'ADVCharacter' object has no attribute 'decreaseRelationship'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/script.rpyc", line 32, in script call
    @ܰ">|!+���
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/issue1/i1s5Larson.rpy", line 106, in <module>
AttributeError: 'ADVCharacter' object has no attribute 'increaseRelationship'

Full traceback:
    @ܰ">|!+���
regardless the two unexpected exception errors..i like where this is going...the story has me intrigued..i'll keep an eye on this one :)

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

Kohryu

May 17, 2017
Placeholder art will be replaced as funding increases
Premise of the game seems interesting, little bit of the story we get to see seems interesting, and the art is like an old comic book, though this statement has me wondering. They're not gonna continue working on the game unless they get funding? ...Seriously?

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Premise of the game seems interesting, little bit of the story we get to see seems interesting, and the art is like an old comic book, though this statement has me wondering. They're not gonna continue working on the game unless they get funding? ...Seriously?
That is not what it means.

Anyway, playing i noticed some instances where characters refer to you as male even if you choose female in the CC screen.

ps: there is a green guy called Bruce. x'Dx'Dx'D

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

Kohryu

May 17, 2017

Anyway, playing i noticed some instances where characters refer to you as male even if you choose female in the CC screen.

yeah I couldn't quite figure out naming my character either lol tried but still said my name was John Smith xD

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Mine was named Jane.

Anyway, there isn't really much in this demo, but the story looks interesting so i will be putting this one on my watch list.

Sadomasochist

Mar 22, 2018
I liked this a lot more than I was expecting to. I have a strong part of me that's sadistic so the morality/ethics system is really interesting to me. It's hard to be super ruthless while being really ethical while getting into someone's pants (I assume) so this game has a ton of depth for me. I honestly hoped that the art style doesn't get updated but on second thought it would make sex scenes harder. I'm personally very interested in this game and I hope to see more as time goes on.

Morgue

Aug 9, 2016
Looks promising ........ but really short to start........
I.E. NO I repeat NO nudity or sex content at all for either GENDER
Okay................ just wondering.........
How long will it take to get to get to do anything with this.....?
I did laugh at the part were Gina said "If I was you I'd just kool-aid man through a fucking wall and leave."
at some point the creators of this game... should make that possible at least as a FLASH-Through thought.

DoubleProlix

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
    @ܰ">|!+���
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/issue1/i1s5Larson.rpy", line 106, in <module>
AttributeError: 'ADVCharacter' object has no attribute 'increaseRelationship'

Full traceback:
    @ܰ">|!+���
regardless the two unexpected exception errors..i like where this is going...the story has me intrigued..i'll keep an eye on this one :)
Thanks, both for posting the errors, and your interest.

Nah, I'm working on it regardless. Improving the art is just what I'll be spending the funding on. Development will continue.

Do you remember where the misgendering occurs?

I liked this a lot more than I was expecting to. I have a strong part of me that's sadistic so the morality/ethics system is really interesting to me. It's hard to be super ruthless while being really ethical while getting into someone's pants (I assume) so this game has a ton of depth for me.
Different characters are attracted to different moral/ethical stances, but that's only one component of what makes someone attracted to you. The NPCs are all adults, some of whom are more open to casual sex with relative strangers than others in a stressful situation, others of whom may require more persuasion/coercion/blackmail. Some characters will be open to any approach, some characters will respond better to some tactics than others.

Kohryu

May 17, 2017
Nah, I'm working on it regardless. Improving the art is just what I'll be spending the funding on. Development will continue.
Okay cool beans dude, if I could afford to support you, I certainly would but alas... anyhow, with the way that's worded it had me wondering is all. Sorry if the post seemed crass or what not, was more confusion than anything x.x You are doing great work so far and I'd love to see more so keep it up :)

Sialo

Jun 13, 2018
Got an error:

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
    @ܰ">|!+���
Other than the error, I liked the dialog and choices.

heyyoo

Jun 1, 2018
man so many fails if some scripts are followed hope they get worked out because in total i like the concept