(Poll) What importance do you put on the male's appearance in scenes?

In sexual scenes, how do you prefer to see the guy?

• I want to see both the male and female fully, or as fully as their poses allow

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • I want to see at least the guy's body, don't care too much about his face

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • A disembodied dick, or other bodyparts like hands or a tongue is perfect

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • The guy can be shadowy or transparent

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Anorak

Feb 28, 2017
So I am making a new game, and I had the idea to have multiple protagonists to choose from. Having the artist draw different sprites isn't a problem at all, but when it comes to the sexual scenes that makes it tricky if I want to change at least their face for every scene to fit the protagonist. But I figured I wanted to see what other people thought.

For one, I felt I could get away with having sexual scenes be drawn in such an angle that you can't see the guy's face regardless, or maybe have his face blur out or just be featureless. I also felt that not seeing him at all, and focusing on the ladies would be an apt choice, as many games would have the guy completely transparent except for his dick, to focus more on the girl. Then again, there is always the choice to have the artist change the face for every sexual scene, but I wanted to see what the majority of people thought.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Having the artist draw different sprites isn't a problem at all, but when it comes to the sexual scenes that makes it tricky if I want to change at least their face for every scene to fit the protagonist.
[...]
For one, I felt I could get away with having sexual scenes be drawn in such an angle that you can't see the guy's face regardless, or maybe have his face blur out or just be featureless.
There's something I don't understand. There's many protagonists, but only their face change ? They all have the same body ; same size, weight, skin color, and all ?

In the end, there's no option for my answer: If I have to see part of the MC body I want it to at least looks like the MC I'm playing right now.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Transparent or disembodied dicks are the most popular solution devs tend to use for games with character creation that are pre-rendered.

So it is less work and at the same time they focus more on the character at the receiving end which can also be a good thing for some players that don't like seeing another male butt during sex scenes, and it also avoids showing someone that doesn't look like the mc you selected.

Bev_

Nov 17, 2018
I'm mostly fine with whatever.
Full body/No face/Transparent etc. as long as it's done right, I have no problem with that.

However the face is always tricky. Some faces just look dumb/are overused (I'm so sick of mc model from Big Brother/Man of the house), face expressions can be weird and that really puts me off, so no face option makes it easier to accept.

For example, I've avoided A69 for a long time because I didn't like mc's face, but when I finally tried it and got used to it, it became one of my favourite games.

• Angry
Reactions: Fio.011 and 246

noirjazz

Mar 15, 2019
Don't know if this will help but try and think if the sexes were reversed, i know some guys would be pissed off if you couldn't see the woman's face at all. That said, i'd argue a big part of the enjoyment of sex scenes is seeing the girls in different positions and angles, pov mostly. so i'd say the solution is competent cinematography, a composition that highlights the eroticism. what i mean is don't compromise yourself by picking one exclusively.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I say this a lot but I'll say it again: imagine watching your favourite movie, but the camera not once showing the MC's face. how shit would you think that movie was? imagine never having seen clint eastwood's face, arnold schwarzenegger face, tom cruise, any male superhero, all of them never showing face because of 'clever' camera angles.

so weird.

Reactions: noirjazz

Anorak

Feb 28, 2017
Understandable, on all accounts. I do have my own viewpoint, but I am much more interested in what the majority thing.

Basically, for me, many games are wish fulfillment and erotic fantasy. You would like to be able to put yourself into the scene of the MC, so their faces usually doesn't matter for me, and it seems so far to be the majority vote. But there are indeed some people that do want to see it, so I will consider.

It's not a 3d game either, it's all hand drawn 2d art, so making his face 5 ways in every scene might be too much, but having his face obstructed but the angle or the position or something, transparent or just unfeatured could be a solution I'm looking towards (Since you could still see him completely on the sprites, and in the textbox)