VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
and here you are complaining about me complaining, how much better are you huh... besides, the only thing you can avoid are the routes, but all the dialogues that lead the MC to possibly also be interested in men don't disappear, anyone who played knows what I'm talking about, what I wanted was an option to completely remove it from my gameplay, simple as that.
It's pretty simple I don't have problem with a male character flirting with the mc when they meet for the first time or don't know which way the mc swings for example if the game actually has preference to choose your sexuality the new male character would still flirt with a straight mc the difference would be mc wouldn't be blushing and instead just give a smile to change the topic or completely skip over it ro just outright say they don't swing that way whereas what does mc currently do is blushing like crazy lol.All we asked is to choose the MC's preferences but these other commentators are pressed about us having preference ain't that funny we don't care about what they want in their save file or what they do but they certainly care about ours lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost325
Oct 18, 2018
What you said is proof that it is imposed, I would simply like to be able to choose to see this in my gameplay or not, is that too much to ask? Does it bother you that much that I refuse to see something I don't like in my own save?
You missed the point of what I said, but you do you, which is also part of what I said.

Oct 18, 2018
There was a contest to redesign the logo for this game, with the highest-ranking contestants getting to choose a scene to have added in the next update of the game. Nate will get a level 4 bond scene in addition to the level 2 scene he'll get as members of the Rusted Swords subplot get scenes in this update. Ethan will get his level 2 scene.

Koburo

May 30, 2017
It's funny how you talk about straight people like it's something wrong, that tells me a lot about how twisted your mind is, and what does Leaf have to do with the discussion?
Buddy, you can be whatever you want to be. But when you come complaining about having your little bubble of heterosexuality burst by a game that does it tastefully, you're being an annoyance.
The protagonist of this game is not a silent self-insert for you to just imagine it's you. It's a full character, with personality, ambitions and preferences.
I brought up Leaf because someone mentioned the game "forcing them into a gay route" which is ridiculous, since the most pushy character in the game is a girl, who says she'll keep pursuing you romantically even if you turn her down.

It's pretty simple I don't have problem with a male character flirting with the mc when they meet for the first time or don't know which way the mc swings for example if the game actually has preference to choose your sexuality the new male character would still flirt with a straight mc the difference would be mc wouldn't be blushing and instead just give a smile to change the topic or completely skip over it ro just outright say they don't swing that way whereas what does mc currently do is blushing like crazy lol.All we asked is to choose the MC's preferences but these other commentators are pressed about us having preference ain't that funny we don't care about what they want in their save file or what they do but they certainly care about ours lol.
Now you're gonna have to forgive me for being petty, but the amount of games I've played without any choice over my protagonist's sexual orientation is frustrating enough that I actually don't want that to happen in a game that features a bisexual protagonist. Are you frustrated? Are you mad? Good. Now you know how it feels to not be represented in a game.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I am talking about the game railroading the male romance from Nate to the Calem guy confessing his feelings it ruins all the friendship for me
I must have missed something, because what male romance with Nate are you talking about? As for Calem, i think you're reading way too much into what he says -- he definitely didn't ruin any friendship for me so far, and i'm not seeing his behavior as anything more than that.

Reactions: QuestionableTree

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
Buddy, you can be whatever you want to be. But when you come complaining about having your little bubble of heterosexuality burst by a game that does it tastefully, you're being an annoyance.
The protagonist of this game is not a silent self-insert for you to just imagine it's you. It's a full character, with personality, ambitions and preferences.
I brought up Leaf because someone mentioned the game "forcing them into a gay route" which is ridiculous, since the most pushy character in the game is a girl, who says she'll keep pursuing you romantically even if you turn her down.

Now you're gonna have to forgive me for being petty, but the amount of games I've played without any choice over my protagonist's sexual orientation is frustrating enough that I actually don't want that to happen in a game that features a bisexual protagonist. Are you frustrated? Are you mad? Good. Now you know how it feels to not be represented in a game.
I really don't care about your preferences whether you are petty or not lol it's fine if you feel happy after talking shit for no reason with someone who wasn't even attacking it's all cool I simply am trying just get my point out there one game not giving me preferences wouldn't make me frustrated for more than a few hours and especially not getting in an argument with another person for this.It is morning where I live so I am just gonna say I hope you have a good day mate and you feel less petty towards strangers who should have no bearing on you.Also I am not gay but I thought even gay people wouldn't like chicks like leaf or any girl in the game flirting with them once the main character says they don't swing that way that's why I said a gay, straight and bi route would be great either way this topic has been exhausted I won't be replying back anymore because it would only be pointless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost325

Ghost325

Sep 27, 2018

Am I being a annoyance? You were the one who responded to our comments, you were the one who was hurt by it, since I didn't even mention you. Now, the game doesn't need to be a self-insert for me to be bothered by it, I don't even like self-insert anyway, and lastly, I never said that the gay routes are forced on the player so why are you mentioning what did someone else say in my comment? I said that there are dialogues and reactions from the MC himself that indicate bisexuality and this is forced since you don't have the option to remove it from your save file.

Plus, you contradict yourself in your own answer, you say that I'm wrong in complaining about my burst heterosexual bubble, and just below you complain about the number of games in which you couldn't choose sexual orientation... by any chance your homosexual bubble was burst? Is it now legitimate to complain? Or is it only valid for your side? Leaving hypocrisy aside, your comment is exactly what we are asking for, an OPTION to choose the MC's sexual orientation so that we are not forced to see what we don't like in our gameplay, I drew it for you to understand, I hope you don't make me explain the drawing too...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sayajin2205

Ghost325

Sep 27, 2018
I really don't care about your preferences whether you are petty or not lol it's fine if you feel happy after talking shit for no reason with someone who wasn't even attacking it's all cool I simply am trying just get my point out there one game not giving me preferences wouldn't make me frustrated for more than a few hours and especially not getting in an argument with another person for this.It is morning where I live so I am just gonna say I hope you have a good day mate and you feel less petty towards strangers who should have no bearing on you.Also I am not gay but I thought even gay people wouldn't like chicks like leaf or any girl in the game flirting with them once the main character says they don't swing that way that's why I said a gay, straight and bi route would be great either way this topic has been exhausted I won't be replying back anymore because it would only be pointless.
I agree, it's better that we stop responding, if there's one thing I've already learned, it's that there's no way to talk to certain types of people, they want us to respect their freedom of choice but they don't respect ours, hypocrisy reigns today.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Also I am not gay but I thought even gay people wouldn't like chicks like leaf or any girl in the game flirting with them once the main character says they don't swing that way
See, that's the whole difference: even if they don't, they don't go on the forum to complain about it and how the game should be reworked so they can avoid it. Neither in threads with heterosexual protagonist, nor here with a bisexual one.

Maybe you could just do the same..?

Last edited:

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Nothing, copy/paste it exactly like that and only change Pokemon's name and level to desired values. The DexMacros.Id simply links that call with a variable it needs in order to do its thing.
I copied that exact link in its entirety and tried to get some pokemon but it didn't work.
playerparty.append(Pokemon(pokedexlookupname("Meditite", DexMacros.Id)), level = 7))
where did I go wrong?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I copied that exact link in its entirety and tried to get some pokemon but it didn't work.
playerparty.append(Pokemon(pokedexlookupname("Meditite", DexMacros.Id)), level = 7))
where did I go wrong?
Sorry, it was a typo in the example and the brackets didn't match. This one should work:

playerparty.append(Pokemon(pokedexlookupname("Meditite", DexMacros.Id), level = 7))

Reactions: BadmanBaxter

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Sorry, it was a typo in the example and the brackets didn't match. This one should work:

playerparty.append(Pokemon(pokedexlookupname("Meditite", DexMacros.Id), level = 7))
Most are working now but having trouble spawning Nidoran.

Epigonid

Nov 16, 2023
Basic example:
Python:
playerparty.append(Pokemon(pokedexlookupname("Pichu", DexMacros.Id), level = 20))
will add lvl.20 Pichu to the player's party. The command can take more parameters (like IVs, gender, ability etc) but this should get you started.

Keep on mind you can exceed party limit in this manner, so best to do it in the city, with access to the PC box. Or open the box remotely with console commands beforehand.
Thank man really helping with your instructions, it's working for me the people in discord have mod channel but not mod for encounter, if you don't mind in the future i hope i can tag you to ask other console command

Also i think someone need to link this on the thread front page as adding pokemon console command because I think this is pretty useful for everyone.

Really thank you for this and hopefully someone in discord can make encounter mod

Epigonid

Nov 16, 2023
This is because Nidoran is split in two separate entries, one for female and one for male specimen. The gender is included in the name: Nidoran♀ and Nidoran♂
can you give me example what should i input in console command for encounter rate in the alley ?

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Hey everyone. So Epigonid , about a week ago, asked me to make a cheat injector for this game. He's tested it for me and it seems to be working fine. The thread was approved a few hours ago. It's here.
Just keep in mind that I don't play this game nor have an interest to so I don't know what makes a good cheat and what doesn't.

If you guys want me to add something, please write on that thread and attach a screenshot and a save game so I have something to test against. Also know that it's not always possible/more trouble than it's worth.

Reactions: cielhero

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
can you give me example what should i input in console command for encounter rate in the alley ?
I fear this would be more complicated than other stuff, because encounter rate is based on a table and it'd require touching up mutliple variables. You're probably better off just spawning the pokemon you're after, or giving yourself xp directly, if this is the end goa.

Reactions: Epigonid

Epigonid

Nov 16, 2023
I fear this would be more complicated than other stuff, because encounter rate is based on a table and it'd require touching up mutliple variables. You're probably better off just spawning the pokemon you're after, or giving yourself xp directly, if this is the end goa.
I understand yeah, i think what you said is better way to do

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes