Others - Play Things [v0.3.7.0.1.u] [Squishy]

1. 5.00 star(s)

thaw11358

one of the only text only nsfw games I can stomach, due to its phenomenal writing (at least in comparison to other nsfw games). Covers a wide variety of fetishes, but you'll especially love this if you're into mind control and or feminization.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

MidnightNixs

First I would like to say that I don't normally like text based games, but I quite enjoyed this one.

While I do enjoy corruption, this contained a lot of fetishes that I normally avoid but I didn't end up minding that at all while playing the game. Like I said previously, I don't normally play text based games and tend to prefer lots of pictures or art but this game is great even without much artwork.

Interesting concept and good execution. Definitely worth a play through.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Cithiri

Wow. I am a cynical and critical bastard. I actively look for flaws in writing whenever I'm playing a game, read a book, or anything else. It has been a long time since I've been blown away by this kind of quality. Other game devs, take notes, THIS is how you write a game.

Pros:
    -It doesn't need images, the text is super descriptive, but the descriptions don't drag on forever and lose sight of the plot.
    -The corruption, and more importantly the characters' reactions to their corruption steadily increasing, is masterfully done. Pacing is everything in a game like this, and it is very well executed. You don't have to wait for lewd content to happen, but watching the characters slowly adjust to life under these bizarre new rules they are forced into and how their reactions change over time is 1000% what makes this game so good.
    -The jokes are actually funny, not just cringey. Its surprising just how many games are out there that rely on reference humor or random internet humor to make themselves "funny." This is a breath of fresh air, it uses comedy how it's supposed to be used in a story, to break up the tone and provide moments of levity to shift away from the heavier topics that the game deals with. Most people just throw jokes in randomly, but there is absolutely a science behind how to weave them into a story that most people disregard.
    -The different choices gives this one a lot of replay value

Cons:
    -The save system is a bit clunky.
    -A back button would be appreciated.

TLDR:
    Absolute hidden gem, not the fetishes that I would normally go for, but the writing is so superb that this game is a 10/10. Other game devs, or writers in general, TAKE NOTES, this is how you fucking do it.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Rikalii

Honestly It's been a good while since i found a gem like this game/story/novel/visual novel.

I have probably played and consumed countless Adult rated games and media and can confidently say even after playing through only 0.3.5 (latest update currently as i'm writing this review) this takes the cake for the most compelling story. Its so creative, fresh, original and refreshing..

Conversations and the dialogue doesn't feel cheesy in the slightest but instead leave you wanting for more alongside the witty jokes and lines the writer came up with..
    The pacing and the rhythm of the entire story and how the chain of events fall into place is so brilliantly well done that it could leave tripleA companies and their writers in shambles.

Honestly i don't even think i can write a good enough review for this vn. So I'm just going to say, Thank you for making this and hope you keep updating and posting more.

if there was ever an adult vn that i could say is the best it would be this one.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

26suspects

great writing and pretty hot scenes, even the fetishes that im not into like milking were done well enough for me to like it. the nipple hypnosis scenes were top notch for me. will be watching for new updates
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Keerla

I did not expect this to be this good, basically text only but what well written text. Good pacing, constantly hot, and good prose, an A+ text game. No bugs I found and everything currently in the game works. One feature I wouldn't mind is a back button, but it's not a big deal.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

colombusohio

This was a surprise.

Very few images, no veneer of gameplay, fetishes beyond my tastes...

and yet...

The incredible writing makes this possibly the most entertaining visual novel I've come across—not just stylistically, but in totality. The character, world and plot development are so refreshingly creative and brilliant. The suspense and exposition are perfectly balanced. The dialogue is more than meaningful; it's clever as hell.

If there's anything in here that tickles your fancy (I came for the breast expansion) then give it a whirl.

To other smut authors: take notes.

--------------------

9.5/10 — Would appreciate more images and the dollification (?) fetish is a bit narrow even for this perverted website. Otherwise well beyond the norm; certainly worth encouraging with my Patreon bucks.

I've not done any digging but it's so good that I suspect the author is a capable and quite possibly accomplished novelist/journalist having a go at penning their extreme fetishes.