• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Pixel Game Maker MV wont start

Fr3nki

Oct 12, 2017
Hi , for some reason games made in Pixel Game Maker MV wont start , after i double click exe noting happens and it auto closes,
my PC : Windows 10 64bit, Phenom ii x6 1090T ,Radeon RX 470 4gb

Somewhat similar problem with REN'PY games but got fixed when they added 64bit executable

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Check if there are error messages inside your game folder in a log file or something. That might help you figuring out what is happening.
Im using Locale Emulator
Also, for some games locale emulator is not enough so you might want to try properly configuring your system locale.

I just downloaded the game and it is working here.

Fr3nki

Oct 12, 2017
Nayla's doesn't need any locale configuration and it reacts same as BUZAMA , when i double click on executable literally noting happens ,no error no, crash report

Nov 27, 2018
Somewhat similar problem with REN'PY games but got fixed when they added 64bit executable
Does it mean all Ren'Py games started working for you at some point or only those that have the 64bit executable did and the older games still won't run (if so, any error logs for those)?

Does "literally nothing happens" mean no game window appearing at any point and the "auto closes" is it being briefly listed in Task Manager?

Antivirus interfering?
Any unusual characters in folder names (try moving the game directory directly to drive C: or whichever drive you keep it on)?
Do you use ?
Do you have all the Visual C++ Redistributable packages the linked thread mentions?

Fr3nki

Oct 12, 2017
Does it mean all Ren'Py games started working for you at some point or only those that have the 64bit executable did and the older games still won't run (if so, any error logs for those)?

Does "literally nothing happens" mean no game window appearing at any point and the "auto closes" is it being briefly listed in Task Manager?

Antivirus interfering?
Any unusual characters in folder names (try moving the game directory directly to drive C: or whichever drive you keep it on)?
Do you use ?
Do you have all the Visual C++ Redistributable packages the linked thread mentions?
Yes Ren'py games started working once i got them rebuilt with newer Ren'py SDK that supported 64bit but now all games have it so i don't have to rebuild anymore
As for 'literally nothing happens' is that no window no to pop or error to display , exe appears in task manager for like 0.3s then it closes
No multi monitor setup
Do u know which Visual C++ Redistributable packages are essential for running PGM?

Nov 27, 2018
That Steam thread suggests this:
Have you made sure your graphics card drivers and directX are up to date? Also do you have VC redistributables? 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 ones.
I've seen the 2010 one also mentioned for some Ren'Py issue.

It's for running Pixel Maker itself but it's not improbable that it may extend to games made in it.

Fr3nki

Oct 12, 2017
I have them all , drivers are up to date , come to i think everything worked fine before upgrade to Adrenalin software 2 years ago , so on crimson driver i had no issue with both ren'py or PGM , but adrenalin is now needed to run newer games so i cant rollback

Nov 27, 2018
come to i think everything worked fine before upgrade to Adrenalin
Looks like that woud be it, at least for Ren'Py:

Both links have a guide on how to (re)install drivers to avoid conflicts with leftover traces of old ones, which you could try.

If you won't be able to fix it, you could set up a recovery point, reinstall the old driver, play the games that need it, and once you're done restore to that recovery point.

Fr3nki

Oct 12, 2017
Looks like that woud be it, at least for Ren'Py:

Both links have a guide on how to (re)install drivers to avoid conflicts with leftover traces of old ones, which you could try.

If you won't be able to fix it, you could set up a recovery point, reinstall the old driver, play the games that need it, and once you're done restore to that recovery point.
Too much hustle , ill keep tying to find some other solution , maybe they release in future

Siolu

Oct 23, 2020
Hi , for some reason games made in Pixel Game Maker MV wont start , after i double click exe noting happens and it auto closes,
my PC : Windows 10 64bit, Phenom ii x6 1090T ,Radeon RX 470 4gb

same thing happens with me
just installed every vc and all dlls however game still won`t start
It is running in bg though, just not on front end

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
same thing happens with me
just installed every vc and all dlls however game still won`t start
It is running in bg though, just not on front end
try to update your gpu drivers it should be the first thing you should do

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
The error may also be triggered by a missing opengl32.dll file.

Here is how to do it:

1. Navigate to to download the latest version of the opengl.dll file.
  2. Extract the downloaded zip file to a folder.
  3. Open the extracted folder, right-click on opengl32 and click Copy.
  4. paste the opengl32 file into C:\Windows\System32
  5. Once done, restart your computer.

angel2019

Mar 7, 2022
The error may also be triggered by a missing opengl32.dll file.

Here is how to do it:

1. Navigate to to download the latest version of the opengl.dll file.
  2. Extract the downloaded zip file to a folder.
  3. Open the extracted folder, right-click on opengl32 and click Copy.
  4. paste the opengl32 file into C:\Windows\System32
  5. Once done, restart your computer.
which of all opengl32?