4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
@Yoshiiki, the bar events (at least) don't account for the possibility of the MC going commando when it's already possible upon meeting the requirements. That makes it possible to look more lewd than in pasties despite not being able to wear those yet, and the dialogue (and underwear-tearing part) cease to make sense.
First day, go commando, see how it goes from there, it did take that into account. Underwear is forced on the second and third day if I remember correctly, because that was a last minute change and whole event originally was shame only based.
But, I may have missed it and not locked underwear before clothes change on third day, noted down, will take a look at it during Saturday. Thanks for letting me know.

EDIT:
After some thinking, I will just add underwear check and instead of locking option to take it off, I will add extra dialogues.

Last edited:

Tavarokk

Feb 18, 2018
EDIT:
After some thinking, I will just add underwear check and instead of locking option to take it off, I will add extra dialogues.
Good to hear.

Also, I went back to retry first and second scenes with save-edited stats. Normal first, then commando second is also off - you can do it, but dialogue is the same and she removes a non-existent bra during the bet. Slutty first (the one where you don't get the options to complain, automatically enjoying everything) is plain borked - the 2nd table is immediately clickable, while the third (the guard) never turns on and gets you stuck (Edit. Or rather, he only turns on at the end of panties dialogue, but not at the end of commando dialogue of the 2nd table).

On further experimentation, apparently you can do normal, commando normal, slutty and commando slutty for at least first 2 scenes, wherein commando normal tends to run on the same dialogue as fully normal, while slutty is kinda messy - the first scene was passable so long as you equip underwear before clicking the 2nd table, but the second ends up frozen either way during 'massage' prompt at the 1st table - the other guy gets stuck on his way over.

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Good to hear.

Also, I went back to retry first and second scenes with save-edited stats. Normal first, then commando second is also off - you can do it, but dialogue is the same and she removes a non-existent bra during the bet. Slutty first (the one where you don't get the options to complain, automatically enjoying everything) is plain borked - the 2nd table is immediately clickable, while the third (the guard) never turns on and gets you stuck (Edit. Or rather, he only turns on at the end of panties dialogue, but not at the end of commando dialogue of the 2nd table).
Starts to hate the fact that you can't do search inside events in RPGM and it's just nightmare scrolling
Well, that's what I get to doing changes to something just to have something. Should have sicked to the plan and go with original ones xD
Oh, by the way, there is no need for save editing, you can change stats at any point using debug tree (go to bottom of readme.txt for screenshot of where it is located).

On further experimentation, apparently you can do normal, commando normal, slutty and commando slutty for at least first 2 scenes, wherein commando normal tends to run on the same dialogue as fully normal, while slutty is kinda messy - the first scene was passable so long as you equip underwear before clicking the 2nd table, but the second ends up frozen either way during 'massage' prompt at the 1st table - the other guy gets stuck on his way over.
Hah, there is a chance I mixed or counted wrong npc's steps on first table.
Sigh, I am just adding tasks to the list xD
Anyway, I will go through it during Saturday/Sunday, forgot I am supposed to be somewhere tomorrow, thankfully - notification. Not sure if I will just check mentioned parts or go through everything. Too many options for simple event is biting me back, no wonder hentai devs don't really bother with all of that, adds extra work xD

Tavarokk

Feb 18, 2018
Not sure if I will just check mentioned parts or go through everything. Too many options for simple event is biting me back, no wonder hentai devs don't really bother with all of that, adds extra work XD
From my tentatively similar experience with accounting software, going through everything might actually be a lot faster and less frustrating. Straightening out the sequence of documents (well, event stages) and rechecking steps in order of their logic tends to make errors stand out a lot as opposed to fixing the supposedly wrong bit, discovering that the whole thing still doesn't work and ending up back at square 0 due to not having a clue what's wrong now.

On another note, I love how NPCs not only react to Rose being naked (which is a norm for good hrpg), but remember it during later interactions, too. With different responses depending on when they saw her like that, even! Sadly, neither seems to be present at the chief's house yet.

Edit. Incidentally, the "remove your clothes" and "remove your underwear, too" dialogues during the voyeur scene fire regardless of having any on, too =P

Last edited:
Reactions: Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
From my tentatively similar experience with accounting software, going through everything might actually be a lot faster and less frustrating. Straightening out the sequence of documents (well, event stages) and rechecking steps in order of their logic tends to make errors stand out a lot as opposed to fixing the supposedly wrong bit, discovering that the whole thing still doesn't work and ending up back at square 0 due to not having a clue what's wrong now.
I would rather check each parts, but I have all options/branches as a one long page without any search function. So I probably will have to go through all... a lot of scrolling XD
On another note, I love how NPCs not only react to Rose being naked (which is a norm for good hrpg), but remember it during later interactions, too. With different responses depending on when they saw her like that, even! Sadly, neither seems to be present at the chief's house yet.

Edit. Incidentally, the "remove your clothes" and "remove your underwear, too" dialogues during the voyeur scene fire regardless of having any on, too =P
Yup, that was something I was always missing in HRPGs, the fact that NPCs "remember" stuff that happened, makes doing different things worthwhile :D
On the Chief's House. There is no such thing because during normal gameplay it's not possible to gain enough exhibitionism points to get Rose naked. It's a story event so can't be skipped unlike bar that can be engaged at any time ( reason for different slut states during start of the event). I am keeping a count of how many points can be gained max at any point in the game, so later story events will take that into account. Same goes for karma, as that's also a thing. Only reason I left debug NPCs and ero stat changing part is so people don't need to bother with editing save file or dealing with cheat engine/cheat plugin. Probably won't stay in full version, but there will be New Game+, because of branching.

EDIT
Ok, so I dealt with underwear thing so it's not breaking immersion anymore. And dealt with NPC walking around and getting stuck (not sure which one was it, redid all of them because I also corrected other thing related to it, was faster this way).

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
I am literally copy-pasting this text below on places, that's why it may have no damn sense considering not much in terms of updates on shit was posted in this thread :p
Also, I know I could edit previous post, bumping, don't be mad :^)

Since some people may wonder why it's so silent in terms of updates. Updating every single page is taking too much time so I limited it down to discord/patreon. I will drop news everywhere each time new release is there because promotion and shit like that. I am checking each page 2-3 times a day, so I will respond within 24h time frame, but if it's super important, discord would be easiest and fasted way for that. Prease, understandu.

Reactions: ponyguy

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Bumpity bump.
I may go for resolution change. Everything explained in patreon post.
Also, non patreon based poll on the bottom of that post.

Reactions: ponyguy and mesoru

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Let's get some involvement from people that may have good (or weird) ideas :D

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Bumpity bump, 0.1.4 released.

Changelog:
//--------------Petals of Rose 0.1.4--------------//
- Info
I am fully aware that planned version for this release was 0.1.5. But as version is tightly tied to story progression, due to amount of work I had to do for battle system (mostly drawing related) I had to cut some elements off and then add some story parts so it "feels" ok. Since this part of the story is pretty much where things kick off, I had to make sure everything is set up. And yes, technically there is more reading than gameplay, so to counter this I added few mini games for one part, battle to show how it ticks and some choices (one affects story in a great deal).
Next update hopefully will be at version 0.2 and as scenes generally are faster to make, it shouldn't be as bad as it was this time (Only 20 days of slip... ffs).

-Added:
--- A lot of images (around 600, mostly related to battle system and clothes damage)
--- Message skip
--- Tweaked dialogue boxes
--- Battle system
--- Clothes damage
--- Story, cutscenes and some extras related.
--- Keybind configuration
--- 1920p/720p Screen switch
--- Credits
--- Better options menu, more customization
--- More bugs
- Fixed/Tweaked
--- Optimized all images to lower memory usage (minus images that were already in, those got "light" treatment)
--- Switched images to 1920p screen size.
--- Tweaked graying out in dialogues so it doesn't take as long.
--- Probably some other things I forgot about

Reactions: bas and ponyguy

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Bumping, humping and shit like that.

//---------------------------------------------------//
//-------------- Petals of Rose 0.1.4b --------------//
- Info
I combined 0.1.4a and 0.1.4b into one. This update deals with issues that were created due to many modifications to base game. Adds few functions. No new content added in this update.

-ADDED:
---- Message backlog (Default key: Page Up)
---- Fancy save/load menu.
---- Added AUTOSAVE function.
---- Added QUICKSAVE function (Default key: Page down), should work during events/cutscenes (not so well when a choice pops up).
---- Extra short scene before arriving at Kald village.
---- Probably some bugs.
- FIXED/TWEAKED
---- Option setting contrast in option menu.
---- Optimized rest of images.
---- Corrected every single text line in Sedara (visual wise).
---- Properly aligned all images in Sedara.
---- [REMOVED due to AUTOSAVE/QUICKSAVE functions] Split into two last event in Sedara, so it isn't that long.
---- Editied lighting efffects plugin. When it's off, screen is just tinted during night, not as fancy but gets job done.
---- Changed picture of DK character and a lot of his dialogue to fit new picture better.
---- Fixed (hopefully) Recollection Room
---- Some other things I forgot about.

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
Let's get some involvement from people that may have good (or weird) ideas :D

[/Q
impreg/preg in near future of game? if so got to give the art devs love for the previous art cause if they could do all this would it be say based off of haramaste 2017 game? the whole concept of fuck bloat birth is getting redunted in games like with GKM ( no offense but the game was NOT as kind to give gestation of "growth" with that just giving a idea lol but great concept of game so far so 4 stars :)

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
impreg/preg in near future of game? if so got to give the art devs love for the previous art cause if they could do all this would it be say based off of haramaste 2017 game? the whole concept of fuck bloat birth is getting redunted in games like with GKM ( no offense but the game was NOT as kind to give gestation of "growth" with that just giving a idea lol but great concept of game so far so 4 stars
While a scene related to pregnancy is planned (though, that's around endgame so it can still change) the game itself won't have it as a kink. One of the reason being: not my kink - and I don't try forcing ones I do not like/understand myself, because it will be poorly done. Don't build buildings if you have no idea on the topic :p
Then comes technical issue as it would mean making additional images... Considering amount of clothes right now and fact that each clothing has different levels of damage... Around 600 images. So a month of work.
Unless I change the lore that already is written but not completely revealed, Rose can and can't get pregnant. Doesn't make much sense? It does when you can see whole lore like I do... though, a reason is pretty much said so far:
For those that finished the game as far as release lets to do so
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

she lost virgin.. nooooooooooo
Technically... Until first sex she is a virgin (also, I don't need to add virginity loss with blood to every single event XD).

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Alright, I just downloaded and played this until the "ending" and I must say I love it so far, in principle. The MC is cool, the ideas are nice. The plot is very cliché and predictable but it's nicely presented. I like the art style too. Faces definitely have an amateur "feel" but it's original, charming and sexy.

A few notes.

. Way too many cutscenes, too much info dumps and too fast. It's nice to know after that ending I got to the game is supposed to open up but that took me a good 3 hours of almost only reading.

. Too verbose. The biggest problem I had playing this is that the game takes 4 sentences on average to say things it could say in 1. Not only that but a lot of stuff gets repeated. Sometimes in another cutscene shortly after or in the same one that's going on. That's infuriating and just makes me want to skip most of the dialogue.

. I like my plot heavy RPGs as much as any nerd but this is a game before being a book, and it's just the intro chapters. I appreciate putting some variety in scenes and sutff you can do and none of it was too frustratingly hard to get either but again, getting stopped every 7 steps for a cutscene makes this so tedious. I would have much preferred not getting as far in the story and see more of the actual gameplay. This seems to be extremely ambitious with a lot of promise of this and that. We've seen a lot of game take long years after years of slow progress until they inevitably get abandoned.

. That might be me just being stupid or missing it but I couldn't find any way to progress my lewd stats (exhib was stuck at 5 and slut was stuck at 93) so I had to use the debug NPCs to even do the Tavern scenes. I didn't see any hint of the other costumes that are in stome pictures either. Also after the first village I never got into a lewd situation ever again and that jsut sits wrong with me for a game like this.

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Alright, I just downloaded and played this until the "ending" and I must say I love it so far, in principle. The MC is cool, the ideas are nice. The plot is very cliché and predictable but it's nicely presented. I like the art style too. Faces definitely have an amateur "feel" but it's original, charming and sexy.
Ha, glad you liked Rose as I like her myself as a MC :D
I hope it seems cliché and predicatble, I am trying my best to make it seem that way, so I can get some "WHAT?! ... Oh... OOOHHH" much later :p
A few notes.

. Way too many cutscenes, too much info dumps and too fast. It's nice to know after that ending I got to the game is supposed to open up but that took me a good 3 hours of almost only reading.
Haha, I know, after chapter one I started toning it down, mostly because I like making those cutscenes too much. Though, I am used to Japanese VNs and their old RPGs, so I may have not seen it as much of elements to go through, because 3h of reading is generally not much :p
But as I said, I already realized that.
. Too verbose. The biggest problem I had playing this is that the game takes 4 sentences on average to say things it could say in 1. Not only that but a lot of stuff gets repeated. Sometimes in another cutscene shortly after or in the same one that's going on. That's infuriating and just makes me want to skip most of the dialogue.
Hmm... I will have to take that into consideration and keep in mind when writing something next time, maybe even go through the whole game again and try looking for exactly that to nail it as, honestly, it's something I didn't realize/see.
. I like my plot heavy RPGs as much as any nerd but this is a game before being a book, and it's just the intro chapters. I appreciate putting some variety in scenes and sutff you can do and none of it was too frustratingly hard to get either but again, getting stopped every 7 steps for a cutscene makes this so tedious. I would have much preferred not getting as far in the story and see more of the actual gameplay. This seems to be extremely ambitious with a lot of promise of this and that. We've seen a lot of game take long years after years of slow progress until they inevitably get abandoned.
Battles in that part of the game would make a huge difference, but at the time, everything related to battles was not done. Though, it wouldn't lower amount of dialogue/cutscenes, but would give some extra break from those XD
On the part of the story... Actually, not that far. Game that can be finished in 9h is short, even if a player is ignoring every side event out there. This is not going to be short :p
But I agree that it may seem ambitious, but realistically it's the lowered standard of games that makes this. Creating scenes, dialogues and all those parts is done quite fast. If we ignore images, first village (Sedara) took around two weeks to finish. Chapter One so far was less than that. Yet, it took two months after demo was released.
It's because of images, drawing is the biggest time consuming part. However, this time I don't have as many clothes to do, so it's much better in terms of needed drawing for next release. I just added too much clothes to the demo XD
Also, projects often get abandoned when artist gives up and goes to do something else or team just doesn't work out. That's why I am doing drawing myself, as well as writing and every technical stuff. If I could afford extra people to work with me, it would be proofreader/text editor and someone to deal with technical parts. In case of some people dropping out, I am not left without anyone to draw or anyone to write.
Plus, right now I am working full time on it and that will continue until my personal budget for this runs out. So if patreon won't work for financing this, it will then be a really long development due to lack of time because of work. Either way, sooner or later but I will tell this story - preferably sooner :p
. That might be me just being stupid or missing it but I couldn't find any way to progress my lewd stats (exhib was stuck at 5 and slut was stuck at 93) so I had to use the debug NPCs to even do the Tavern scenes. I didn't see any hint of the other costumes that are in stome pictures either. Also after the first village I never got into a lewd situation ever again and that jsut sits wrong with me for a game like this.
In demo, game tips had a note that "for the demo" stats can be boosted to gain access to new scenes. In this release boosting was removed and debug npcs left for that purpose. I didn't want to forget about it and leave player with high stats, while some story events take into account current max player can get at each point in game and don't have certain versions (for example, Maid events have only first tiers of sex events as there is no way for MC to have high enough stats).
Other costumes were in the demo, available in a shop. That was to literally show them off. Since MC can only have one type of each clothing and clothes are given during story progression, as rewards from events or some other means... None can be bought in shop. Those clothes will be available later during the game. And while game itself should handle with ease having more than one cloth type in inventory, it's not how I designed this.
Actually, I did plan on having initial scenes of new lewd events for 0.1.4... But battle system took huge chunk of time and then I had to extend whole part as much as I could to at least try giving a feel of how much time passed (though, still failed at it, at least that's what I think).
While I assume some people hoped for some lewd action with her "teacher", it would be way out of character for both of them. Not to mention, there is secondary aspect to that.
Events in Sedara (without using debug NPCs) were more or less tame (minus bad route :p). Rose as MC is quite perverted and what happened between her and von Bonkoff couple was quite close to a girl which doesn't know anything about sex and gets tangled in some weird shit.
Now situation changes drastically, because MC took a huge mental shock. She can push forward as a good/neutral person or degenerate into a villain. At the same time, she can become a slut, exhibitionist, both of those or none.
Depending on player's choices, for Rose it may turn into form of coping with things or just loosing it.
There is a huge story element to all of this, an in-game reason if you wish, which I won't spoil, but at the same time, it won't be explained in-game. Some people will realize it (or already did), some will not.

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Played the game and have mixed feeling on it so will try to be clear here......
-There area few events that do not change stats like one would think (*at least did not notice the changes to the HScenes when checking them before and after) This was the spying events on the Chief and his wife nothing went up or down.
-There is no definite way to know how to decrease shame so as i saw it was a hit and miss
-Is it even possible to work at the farms? the guard when first mentions possible jobs as pub and farms but I went to every farm and got mindless chat about their jobs (*Needing to harvest, taking a long break) then there was the one guy moaning about his daughter being a B****

I see this game getting better but the biggest issue I had is the Bartender guy his facial expressions were offset. His eyes mouth were seen to the left of the screen and not on his face

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Love the game so far,but why is it so slow?
You will have to expand. Slow progress or game being slow?
Played the game and have mixed feeling on it so will try to be clear here......
-There area few events that do not change stats like one would think (*at least did not notice the changes to the HScenes when checking them before and after) This was the spying events on the Chief and his wife nothing went up or down.
Depends. After some events, there is masturbation option. Not masturbating means no stat increase, because she doesn't fantasize about it... "one time thing". Masturbation scene can be skipped.
Some other events don't require that for stat increase (may depend if she cummed, did something above her stat limit happend, etc).
-There is no definite way to know how to decrease shame so as i saw it was a hit and miss
At some point I will have to make some walkthrough or explanation, because there is a lot of deviation from generic standard to which people are used to. Go there, do this, stat drops, rinse and repeat. Yeah, been there, done that hundreds of times, wasted time just to see some number change due to repetitive action over and over.
But yeah, sometimes there is no definitive way, just let it all flow naturally... I said it many times, I hate grinding and I will rather add content/different elements before it will turn into grind. Fuck that.
-Is it even possible to work at the farms? the guard when first mentions possible jobs as pub and farms but I went to every farm and got mindless chat about their jobs (*Needing to harvest, taking a long break) then there was the one guy moaning about his daughter being a B****
His wife being a bitch :p
But no, Guard mentioned it and I didn't correct it, it's more of a leftover because money that Rose gets should be enough to get some items for first battles so there was no need. You get an apple from a nice farmer though :)
I see this game getting better but the biggest issue I had is the Bartender guy his facial expressions were offset. His eyes mouth were seen to the left of the screen and not on his face
That's actually weird, as far as I know, there was hotfix applied to this which should have fixed it.
I will double check that, just to be sure, though, it's kind of small thing so no clue if it will need a hotfix. Will see.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes