4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
@吉国大輝
When it comes to the pacing, have you thought about adding a speed up feature for the battles? Some RPGM games let you hold ctrl to speed up animations and make battles feel three times as fast. It's really helpful for sections where you're just trying to walk to the next location and you know you're strong enough to fight without worry. Getting from one story point to the next in shorter time may help with how the pacing feels.

Could also add more H scenes to distract people :D Mostly joking, but if it fits the narrative I'm not complaining
Message skip [CTRL] is already implemented, but that's for dialogues. Didn't actually check if it works for battles, probably not.
I technically could take a look at adding some auto-battle that would speed stuff up, maybe even tied to ctrl like dialogues skip, because that's a valid point, when going back to certain areas, player's level may be high enough to just go through enemies like hot knife through butter.
Other or additional option could be some kind of oil, since that's a thing, that would stop random encounters for [x] number of steps, like a repel from Pokemon franchise.
But that's only for overworld, in dungeons there are no random encounters and mobs do not respawn as I find both annoying as fuck. That's why when in world map, mobs don't attack on roads during the day and night can be skipped.

But those are valid points, so I will definitely consider and probably implement. It will mainly depend on (considering needed time):
- if there is a plugin that does what I need? Yes? Awesome.
- if there is a plugin that almost does what I need? Yes? I will have to modify and add some code to it.
- There isn't a plugin like that? Well, shit. Time to make my own.

Last edited:
Reactions: tibasu

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
Hello !
So far, funny and promising game ;)
The only problem : the "pause" moments are waaaaaay too long. Like, 10 times too long ! What do we have to wait 10 seconds between screens or even peaches ?
Please, divide the length of these waitigs. Like, at least 5 times, better if 10 times.
These pauses are at the right moments, they give "breathing" to the story, rythm... But they absolutely don't need to be so long ;)

Reactions: Yoshiiki

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
Hello !
The only problem : the "pause" moments are waaaaaay too long. Like, 10 times too long ! What do we have to wait 10 seconds between screens or even peaches ?
Please, divide the length of these waitigs. Like, at least 5 times, better if 10 times.
These pauses are at the right moments, they give "breathing" to the story, rythm... But they absolutely don't need to be so long ;)
or should I say :
(3 seconds) .
(3 seconds) .
(3 seconds) .
5 seconds
(3 seconds) .
(3 seconds) .
(3 seconds) .
5 seconds
(3 seconds) .
(3 seconds) .
(3 seconds) .
Sooooooooooooooo long ^^

tibasu

May 16, 2018
does this game still on going or it abandon?
The dev has been busy with work for quite awhile. Patreon numbers aren't huge so they do still have to hold a regular job.
He's been active on discord letting everyone know what's happening with his life and the game. This is from the discord channel:

YoshiikiLast Friday at 12:01 PM
I think "I'm back" is more or less proper. Generally, everything related to huge project at work is officially over, so it's going back to sitting in the office, meaning - I can finally focus on game making. So starting with Monday, because as I won't be around for the weekend (family time, as that was kind of put aside) I won't be doing anything. Sorry everyone, but work took way over all of my time, even during weekends (a lot of paperwork), but it's over so yey.

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, been stupidly busy, literally catching up with all pages here and there.

Hello !
or should I say :
(3 seconds) .
(3 seconds) .
(3 seconds) .
5 seconds
(3 seconds) .
(3 seconds) .
(3 seconds) .
5 seconds
(3 seconds) .
(3 seconds) .
(3 seconds) .
Sooooooooooooooo long ^^
I know, but it's a learning curve with adjusting everything xD
Also, depending on stuff it's not always as easy as to add "3 second pause". In Message boxes I can use clock related methods (like 1/4s or 1s) to pause text... But in terms of images or audio, it's based on frames per second. So while technically if game runs at 60fps, then it's no brainer to use 60 for 1s, however, fine tuning it for audio or sound effects sometimes do get to a point where I have to add bigger pause because audio has some silence at the front.
Just like the intro part, where I had to adjust everything with tuning it 1-3FPSes, checking out, doing adjusments again.

One way or another, I am aware and I am trying to get better at it so it's more fluid but it doesn't lose that "breathing" and rythm in a same way a comma or dot is used for a pause.
Kind of afraid how much experience I lost while being busy with work, but hopefully it will be like riding a bike xD

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
I know, but it's a learning curve with adjusting everything xD
Also, depending on stuff it's not always as easy as to add "3 second pause". In Message boxes I can use clock related methods (like 1/4s or 1s) to pause text... But in terms of images or audio, it's based on frames per second. So while technically if game runs at 60fps, then it's no brainer to use 60 for 1s, however, fine tuning it for audio or sound effects sometimes do get to a point where I have to add bigger pause because audio has some silence at the front.
Just like the intro part, where I had to adjust everything with tuning it 1-3FPSes, checking out, doing adjusments again.

One way or another, I am aware and I am trying to get better at it so it's more fluid but it doesn't lose that "breathing" and rythm in a same way a comma or dot is used for a pause.
Kind of afraid how much experience I lost while being busy with work, but hopefully it will be like riding a bike xD
Not losing biking is a myth ^^

Well, indeed it seems to get much better after Sedara ! Always som looong waitings, but not as much and not as long as in the beginning.

The good point in beeing busy at work is that you'll attack the following with a new eye ;)

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Not losing biking is a myth ^^

Well, indeed it seems to get much better after Sedara ! Always som looong waitings, but not as much and not as long as in the beginning.

The good point in beeing busy at work is that you'll attack the following with a new eye ;)
Yeah, Sedara content was released first and it was at that point people pointed out that pauses/breaks are too long. So it's good to know I changed it enough for being noticeably shorter. Dunno when, but I will have to go through Sedara again and fix that.

Yup, I hope that such break will give me some new, fresh ideas for adult scenes. I already took some time at work to add more stuff to script, so whole story will be a little different than originally planned (only new content, not redoing what's done now, too much time consuming).

Also, I think I will start uploading playtest updates more often, since those shouldn't be big - size wise - I could drop one for every new quest finished. Then all according to current idea: every 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 and so on, treating it as major update to get some monies to buy music and tilesets for RPG Maker xD

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Please, someone explain to me how to proceed in forest training? If you click as soon as the arrow appears, you lose and if you expect the white circle to arrive in black, it disappears and you lose. Where am I going wrong? Thank you.

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Please, someone explain to me how to proceed in forest training? If you click as soon as the arrow appears, you lose and if you expect the white circle to arrive in black, it disappears and you lose. Where am I going wrong? Thank you.
Can't remember if timer on the upper left or right side of screen shows up, but just basically hit the correct button before circle reaches black. Basically how every single QTE works and there is around 2-3s for player to hit correct button.
Other things could be that you are clicking arrow with a mouse instead of using arrows on keyboard.

Reactions: Ruodger

Darkarhon

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
An update?! Its an update?!

Oh its just bugfixes... :cry: time to wait a few longer for more content :O

allenjohn

Apr 12, 2018
It should be an update. it says 0.2 the last version was 1.4c. I'm ready for this.
Are you sure? Because the dev's blog has download links for the unfinished 0.2a from last year, and all the game's files are dated for August of last year. The download links here and on the blog are different but the filesize is exactly the same.

Darkarhon

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
Are you sure? Because the dev's blog has download links for the unfinished 0.2a from last year, and all the game's files are dated for August of last year. The download links here and on the blog are different but the filesize is exactly the same.
He should have corrected his post, last version was 0.1.4c here.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes