4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
You ever heard of Cursed Armor? That game had lots and lots of outfits and accessories to equip that the customization was crazy.
I know it, didn't play it, missing things I like + clothes hidden under DLC like scheme is a major turn off.

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
I managed to get version with half the DLC content and they make you look fking hot.
Exactly my point. If I wanted a game with paid DLC that unlocks outfits or any lootboxes, I would buy an EA game. Removing content to get extra buck is a shit practice. Creating content and releasing as DLC is fine (example: Witcher) Don't like it, won't support, won't play. Anyway, not Cursed Armor thread, but I know what you are saying, having outfits options is good as you can do a lot and make character look sexy and I agree. Better if NPCs react to some risky outfits or MC running around in underwear/naked... shit, even armor torn to the point privates are visible also need to give different NPC reaction.

DDRmaster

Nov 24, 2017
Exactly my point. If I wanted a game with paid DLC that unlocks outfits or any lootboxes, I would buy an EA game. Removing content to get extra buck is a shit practice. Creating content and releasing as DLC is fine (example: Witcher) Don't like it, won't support, won't play. Anyway, not Cursed Armor thread, but I know what you are saying, having outfits options is good as you can do a lot and make character look sexy and I agree. Better if NPCs react to some risky outfits or MC running around in underwear/naked... shit, even armor torn to the point privates are visible also need to give different NPC reaction.
I would want to make a game like cursed armor but much better if only I know how to program so instead im stuck to waiting chipping in some cash projects that catch my attention.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
In my opinion while its nice to have clothes it should be a secondary or maybe even a tertiary thing. I would 100% prefer more scenes then just clothing, and so much (A unreasonable) amount of time was put into clothes in Cursed armor that the game lacked actual CG's.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I would buy an EA game.
Only one game maker to call out with the DLC nonsense but just about every commercial or household named game makers are doing this, Rockstar games has followed this path after the release of GTA San Andreas. I get the fun with online usage in gaming to interact with other gamers during game play, but it a ploy to force you to buy the Xbox version in order to access 'special' (available with internet access only) features.

Really I have only run into a few game makers who develop RPGM, Renpy, 'other' small game engines, who do not have some sort of DLC involving they're games. But I am seeing a number of them leaning in that direction.

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
I would want to make a game like cursed armor but much better if only I know how to program so instead im stuck to waiting chipping in some cash projects that catch my attention.
Coding isn't that hard, you should try getting into it and many game engines out there do actually help with learning. You start somewhere, but it never is the top. You never know if you can't make something really good without trying.
In my opinion while its nice to have clothes it should be a secondary or maybe even a tertiary thing. I would 100% prefer more scenes then just clothing, and so much (A unreasonable) amount of time was put into clothes in Cursed armor that the game lacked actual CG's.
I agree on the scenes, it's the same issue as with animations. While those do look nice, in place of those you could make few scenes, which means more content. While I do want both clothes and scenes I decided to go with compromise. Scenes are locked to certain clothing or no clothing (underwear is universal as it doesn't take that long to draw), not the best but reduces by a lot drawing same cloths for different scenes. In case of dialogues and battles, I do want variety and combinations. I am generally trying to take things I do not like in games and find a solution, majority of times it means more work for more content.
Only one game maker to call out with the DLC nonsense but just about every commercial or household named game makers are doing this, Rockstar games has followed this path after the release of GTA San Andreas. I get the fun with online usage in gaming to interact with other gamers during game play, but it a ploy to force you to buy the Xbox version in order to access 'special' (available with internet access only) features.

Really I have only run into a few game makers who develop RPGM, Renpy, 'other' small game engines, who do not have some sort of DLC involving they're games. But I am seeing a number of them leaning in that direction.
True, it is often used to cut out content and sell it as game shelf life is very short and prices do drop fast, especially on PC market. Just like microtransactions it's out there to suck that last penny... However, there are cases of good DLC that do add to the story and gameplay (mentioned Witcher 3). World is established, game is finished and it just gives more without creating new game, which is fine.
Of course people may lean into that direction - monetary boost, just like patreon paywalls. While getting money out of thing you do is great and it mostly revolves around it, being greedy bites back at some point anyway.
Though, people may do what they want, I will just stay in my corner doing what I think is a good thing.

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
i cant open the wardrobe to get the maid outfit for the big dude any body else have this problem
Everyone else who reported this bug long, long time ago. Check OP/my blog, both will give you a download link to latest repack with all hotfixes applied. You probably grabbed it before that was out or hotfix for it was released.

inputracer

Jun 5, 2018
yeah thanks i redownloaded it i had an old one i completed the game its a good start i was confused when it passed the prologue and started chapter one cause for some reason i thought i saw it was only the prologue

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
yeah thanks i redownloaded it i had an old one i completed the game its a good start i was confused when it passed the prologue and started chapter one cause for some reason i thought i saw it was only the prologue
No worries, I will probably deliver much more bugs, since in next release there is tons of more things I could break xD

tibasu

May 16, 2018
There's a fisting scene pretty early in and it gets really intense (Pretty much tried to punch through her stomach...) Would have been nice to have that in the tags since I avoid that stuff. I'm sure it's avoidable because of some of my choices, but still thought I should mention it
Edited: Added extra stuff to Opinons now that I finished this build
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
@tibasu Oh yeah, it wasn't expected to be a pretty scene, punishment much harsher than the crime, thought, no idea what tag would be good? "don't do bad things"? XD Joking aside, didn't bother with thinking about a tag, kills shocking value like spoilers (but if someone wants to add one, feel free, not stopping anyone).

Some aspects of the game, especially how it works are explained in guides on my blog (link in the signature).

Yes, art will be somewhat inconsistent, more I draw, more my style changes. However, if I start going back and redoing everything I will be stuck in a loop, so I decided to ignore it until at least 99% of the game is done. Vizar (and his wife) got his sprite changed because I lost original draws and couldn't use 816x624 sprites in 1080p version. Scene I had in much higher resolution (though, still 4:3 ratio), so I left it.

As of now I removed karma gained/lost from popping out, just like rest of hidden stats, it's changing in the background. And there are few so the game world can adapt in a degree to what's going on.
As for the not-so pure... You could say that, I am just looking at it from curiosity perspective. I wouldn't say that when person masturbates it makes them a pervert... Then again, in other games MCs act like kissing makes you pregnant, so who knows anymore? XD

It wasn't balanced at all, I spent some chunk of time balancing it, so it's a little different. You can check that after I am done with this update. Other than skills and special items, option to summon a familiar adds extra tactics to the game.
Yeah, those QTE were thrown in a really fast fashion, I needed something to extend gameplay because it should be whole 30 days in-game time. Technically timer shouldn't be visible and ring should be showing properly how much time is left, but it works in a crap way it does... Good thing - QTE can be failed, bad thing - it means no bonus EXP, then again, it's not that much.

Majority of stuff in config menu was added because some people asked for it. The way it looks and works is purely thanks to Yanfly plugins, I just added it in (ok, I edited one thing because ON/OFF weren't clearly visible, so I had to adjust colors, but that's all).

Yeah, that autosave annoys me a lot, especially since I have to make tons of save files for testing. I tried fixing it so the game ignores autosave when auto selecting last save slot, but for some reason it works only during loading, not saving. I will have to gut RPG Maker more and figure it out.

Well, since the next update finally goes into free roam part of the game, my ability to add such cliffhangers until next update is done has been limited, so no worries XD

Reactions: tibasu

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Copy-paste from patreon:

Playtesting before update release.
I did post this on Discord, but I guess not everyone could see it.
Anyway, for those who want to playtest few things (mainly some quests and battle system) and later other stuff as I add things along the way, jump on discord server (link above, please don't use temporary accounts as I will be forced to keep adding roles over and over XD).

Then just message me, PM or @ me in general room.
I need to change few things in current build, but it's a matter of hours.
Also, so there is no confusion:
- Patreon supporters get priority because number of people will be limited.
- If you just want access because update is taking too long rather than helping... Please, just wait for proper update, it will be better for me and you :D

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Unfinished version of 0.2A has been posted. Links are on patreon/my dev blog (check signature).

tibasu

May 16, 2018
Error Failed to load: audio/se/Item1.ogg
Started happening in Dalry (Skipped first town using option at start)
Edit: I fixed the problem by renaming the file Item3.ogg to Item1.ogg
Second Edit: Just got failed to load item3.ogg so seems like Item1.ogg was just missing and not a mistype like I thought. I just copied Item1.ogg and renamed the copy and was able to continue playing without problems

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Oh, I know why. I am using built-in rpg maker way to exclude unused files, since this one is used by plugin, it's not included. Well, it is an unfinished version, but I am going to add special event that will just have all those files used, but event itself is never triggered. This way RPGMV will automatically include what's needed.
I am not going to drop fixes for unfinished, but it will be included in first part of 0.2, but at least now I will keep that in mind so I can force rpg maker to include it xD

Last edited:

boss.mimoto

Jul 24, 2018
There's a problem on the pacing. The game is too slow, cutscene, animation, battle, everything. Though anything else is good. I completely love the prologue. I understand that you're working alone, so keep it up. I have a feeling that this'll be a great game!

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
There's a problem on the pacing. The game is too slow, cutscene, animation, battle, everything. Though anything else is good. I completely love the prologue. I understand that you're working alone, so keep it up. I have a feeling that this'll be a great game!
Battles are set to fastest setting, at least it was last time. Text speed can be adjusted in settings. There is no animation so it can't be slow (xD).
Also, during gameplay, press F2, if number in the top left corner (in menu or during game, not during adult content warning) says anything below 55 [fps] then that's a hardware issue and I can't do anything with that.
Dunno for the pacing, maybe I am simply used to long, very long VNs (not western ones, I played only Japanese VNs and maybe 2 or 3 western ones) where pacing is even slower and scenes are mainly one/two static images with enough text to fill a phonebook xD
But as you said, working alone... kind of.
One awesome guy that decided to proofread everything.
Five people are helping playtest broken builds.
But if it's slow in terms of pacing and there is more story than sex scenes, I do acknowledge as much. However, if 'fixing' it would mean that story would lose on it or characters would become bland, I don't think I would want to change it.
Well, there is a good reason why I changed patreon description to RPG/VN xD

Edit:
Extra note as some may wonder. Yes, after pressing F2 it does simply show FPS. Jumps that drop to 36-40 are not that uncommon, as long as it keeps jumping back to 60, it's working fine. Especially during opening intro it should jump a lot.
During normal gameplay, while on map, it should keep stable 60 as indicator PC can handle it. Accessing menu, showing larger images and/or dialogue sprites, it may jump down for short amount of time to jump back right at it.

Last edited:

tibasu

May 16, 2018
@吉国大輝
When it comes to the pacing, have you thought about adding a speed up feature for the battles? Some RPGM games let you hold ctrl to speed up animations and make battles feel three times as fast. It's really helpful for sections where you're just trying to walk to the next location and you know you're strong enough to fight without worry. Getting from one story point to the next in shorter time may help with how the pacing feels.

Could also add more H scenes to distract people :D Mostly joking, but if it fits the narrative I'm not complaining

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes