4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Hi, are you still alive?

This guy really love to be on hiatus for years, this is what the post said:

As the title says.

Constantly being bombarded with work is taking all my free time, so much that whenever I get some to work on the game my hopes get destroyed next week.

So basically, going on hiatus.

If I ever get to finish anything, I will just post it as a free game. Thus, Patreon and similar sites are closed.

At this point just mark this one "Abandoned" until Dev finally update his game like in some other cases where game got marked Abandoned but will got new release

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Had no problems till I woke up in the village now I'm getting failed to load audio/se/item1.ogg so I can't continue.

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
game looks fun, but my laptop is too weak to run it.
i'll be back in 2 years when GPU prices fall....

also, is that image in the pictures section of the MC being a waitress, but her arms are bound behind her back, so people just drop money into a pouch? because that's like, the hottest idea ever

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
100% of art - scrapped
60% of story - scrapped
100% gameplay - scrapped

Good portion of the game is just like a visual novel - So why bother with making players walk everywhere RPG style when it's just a huge pain in the arse? Sure, it makes sense for a dungeon part of the game, or some other special sections. But it should mainly just give an option to click specific point on a map, either world map or city/village.

Also, some kind of branching sex scenes or extra choices during those are fine, but stupidly complicated branching story is just pushing it, simple one would be enough.

Art - Inconsistent, terrible here and there... Just no, all of current art is pure crap.

Cloth damage system - Ok, this one is good and independent from HP which should always be the case. I love it and it stays.

MC - Oh, sad, sad Rose. While I do like her as a character, bratty and smug Rose was way more fun to play with. Also, bad things happen to bratty girls and it's way more rewarding/exciting. Then again, would work well as her initial status before getting bad/good with virgin/slut combination.

It's like... I would be insane to just start this game from scratch.
Good thing I don't deal with sanity.

While majority of characters will stay, whole story is going to be shifted around, a lot, so no more sad village girl. To the point of being re-written from the scratch.
More VN, no walking around on maps. Battles will stay, RPG maker will stay, cloth damage stays, battle system stays, only required walking should be inside dungeons and similar.

That's all. I will be back later when I have something playable... Until then, I wasn't even here :D

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Whaaat i liked the art :eek:
Haha, thanks, however that one is not coming back, hope the new style will still be ok :giggle:

Untitled-1.png
And nah, that's not Rose, just some random sketch. I will keep her new design hidden until a very last second.

Name of the game will be also be changed, mainly because I don't want people confused, as so much was trashed and redesigned from scratch. Completely different game at this point.

Though, it almost turned into a trainer style... Ah, would be nice to make a harlot trainer somewhere in the future. Welp, first I need one chicken hatched before I can count them xD

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
This is more or less new art style of the game. Honestly, when I look at this now I am glad to actually redraw everything.
Since I am keeping Rose until very last second, here is Gavril [sketch], new compared to old one.

And obviously, when I asked myself "How much anime he should be?" I said "YES" xP
Gavril Blüdwan.jpg
Honestly, he looks shitload better. Also, no oversized sword for him, since it's no more needed for plot things.
Also, not a fan of drawing guys xD

pharis

Feb 20, 2019
Can we get an estimation on when the new "update" will be cus I keep checking back with disappointment?

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Can we get an estimation on when the new "update" will be cus I keep checking back with disappointment?
I made a trello account just for that and it's here:
For time estimation. I would say a month, but will say two just to give myself extra time.

As for this thread, I actually forgot to bother a mod to change the topic. Petals of Rose is going to be abandoned as I am not continuing it. So I will do than now.

New game will be under a name: Chronicles of Rieat: Celestial Twilight.
As for the progress aside from trello, I do have a dev blog (link in signature), discord is back up and a twitter. Patreon and things like that will have to wait until I have that 0.1v (though I did want to name it 0.00000001 as a joke but I don't think it's a good idea xD)

While characters are the same, big chunk of the story won't. Even the gameplay will be more of a VN than RPG. Sure, battles will stay but only for "dungeons", same with walking. Rest of map movement will be using map. Why not switch to RenPy then? I did consider it, but RPG Maker gives me one option right away - to make simple cutscenes which can in short amount of time represent a lot of story telling when compared to huge wall of text that would do the same with narration.

And as a tl;dr I will try to not post in this thread because of that as it may seen I have some part of that remake playable and edging is bad for health :D

Last edited:

pharis

Feb 20, 2019
I made a trello account just for that and it's here:
For time estimation. I would say a month, but will say two just to give myself extra time.

As for this thread, I actually forgot to bother a mod to change the topic. Petals of Rose is going to be abandoned as I am not continuing it. So I will do than now.

New game will be under a name: Chronicles of Rieat: Celestial Twilight.
As for the progress aside from trello, I do have a dev blog (link in signature), discord is back up and a twitter. Patreon and things like that will have to wait until I have that 0.1v (though I did want to name it 0.00000001 as a joke but I don't think it's a good idea xD)

While characters are the same, big chunk of the story won't. Even the gameplay will be more of a VN than RPG. Sure, battles will stay but only for "dungeons", same with walking. Rest of map movement will be using map. Why not switch to RenPy then? I did consider it, but RPG Maker gives me one option right away - to make simple cutscenes which can in short amount of time represent a lot of story telling when compared to huge wall of text that would do the same with narration.

And as a tl;dr I will try to not post in this thread because of that as it may seen I have some part of that remake playable and edging is bad for health :D
I know you dont want to reply to this but on the odd chance you do, On your trello it says v0.1.1 is out where can I find it?

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
I know you dont want to reply to this but on the odd chance you do, On your trello it says v0.1.1 is out where can I find it?
I just realized how confusing it sounds (not for me though xD).
On that card are tasks for 0.1.1 that are finished. Tasks from previous version are put on the right in a form of a backlog. Further right you go - older the versions and all tasks that were required for it.
And since it's empty right now - it means no stuff was finished for 0.1.1

And yes I do know it makes it sound like 0.1 is out there, but only playtest version was dropped for playtesters.
The reason why I am now working on 0.1.1 is because I am not satisfied with amount of content in 0.1 and assumed it not worth releasing.
And no, my weird need to add stuff is not helping either - like with whole new system for capes that work with all outfits combinations and could be used for exhibitionism kinks.

Current backsteps with my train of thought were/are:
1. There is no walking aside from battles - turn-based tactical style instead of RPG turn-based
2. Could use some different menu outside of battles because of that - maybe one like in Etrian Oddysey series?
3. Would be nice to get into next location from initial one.
4. I don't like the world map -> Gonna pay for fancier software to make better map
5. World map is too big -> Need smaller chunks of map with more details, like provinces or such
6. Could use a fancier map menu, with a pointer moving from location to location

So it kinda keeps piling up because I am making more demands for myself xD
Basically, please gib more time - I don't want my consciousness reminding me that something seems bad because I rushed it.

pharis

Feb 20, 2019
I just realized how confusing it sounds (not for me though xD).
On that card are tasks for 0.1.1 that are finished. Tasks from previous version are put on the right in a form of a backlog. Further right you go - older the versions and all tasks that were required for it.
And since it's empty right now - it means no stuff was finished for 0.1.1

And yes I do know it makes it sound like 0.1 is out there, but only playtest version was dropped for playtesters.
The reason why I am now working on 0.1.1 is because I am not satisfied with amount of content in 0.1 and assumed it not worth releasing.
And no, my weird need to add stuff is not helping either - like with whole new system for capes that work with all outfits combinations and could be used for exhibitionism kinks.

Current backsteps with my train of thought were/are:
1. There is no walking aside from battles - turn-based tactical style instead of RPG turn-based
2. Could use some different menu outside of battles because of that - maybe one like in Etrian Oddysey series?
3. Would be nice to get into next location from initial one.
4. I don't like the world map -> Gonna pay for fancier software to make better map
5. World map is too big -> Need smaller chunks of map with more details, like provinces or such
6. Could use a fancier map menu, with a pointer moving from location to location

So it kinda keeps piling up because I am making more demands for myself xD
Basically, please gib more time - I don't want my consciousness reminding me that something seems bad because I rushed it.
Welp thanks for letting me know, I'll still be looking forward to seeing the game come out.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes