Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
@BBBen I really like your games, although I never use Adrift nowadays. Thanks for changing to another engine. Just out of curiosity, will there be any attempt to port of some of your previous games to a newer engine?

Reactions: johnconnor

echilog

Oct 28, 2017
This guy deserves more credit than he gets; His games are amazing, but I think the whole Adrift thing was a big turn of for many.
You also know he is gona finish and polish the game. unlike 80% of devs :)

Reactions: BBBen

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I can't seem to adjust any of the speed or volume controls. I can adjust display and skip options but no matter what I do with speed or volume it doesn't move.
They can be adjusted, but they're sticky and don't move right. I think it's a little better in the 0.3 version, but I haven't quite got it perfect yet. Unfortunately, this is actually a bug from the VN engine and not from me, as that's a default menu screen. In the longer run I plan to replace it completely with a custom one that should get rid of the problem.

hmmm, from the look of those sample pics i guess the graphics for the backgrounds are better than in the previous game. did ya upgrade your system bbben?

oh and will it be as deep as your previous games with hours of hours of gameplay?
Yes, that's the plan! I'm working at the moment on trying to get the gameplay mechanics done, so you can get to the part of the game in which you'll have decisions to make about who to pursue and how to balance your time.

Anyway, I was wondering:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You are missing something, yeah. There's more after you get to the apartment. The ending is very clear - the game tells you that this version has finished.

Hope you do a 32-bit Windows version.
I might; it'll depend on whether I can make it available for upload, but I don't want to exclude people if I don't have to. I've also had requests for a Linux version. Ultimately, I may wind up uploading a web version, which (I think) should work for people who can't use the other versions.

@BBBen I really like your games, although I never use Adrift nowadays. Thanks for changing to another engine. Just out of curiosity, will there be any attempt to port of some of your previous games to a newer engine?
The problem with porting a game is that it's kind of harder work than making a new game that's designed for the new engine. So since my time is already stretched really thin I just don't have the ability to do that, unfortunately. I do think I might release a 2.1 update of Pervert Action: Legacy one day, (no promises) but that will still be in Adrift.

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Yeah I got stuck there too for a while, for me, I was missing the:
Basically just make sure you observe all the things and the scene will eventually progress.

Game is off to a great start, love the intro. Good mysterious vibe. Should be fun :)

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Yeah I got stuck there too for a while, for me, I was missing the:
Basically just make sure you observe all the things and the scene will eventually progress.

Game is off to a great start, love the intro. Good mysterious vibe. Should be fun :)
Thanks, I appreciate that! Also, for v0.3 I made the apartment a little less demanding, so you don't have to do quite so much exploring to trigger the next stage. It was a little fussy in v0.2.

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
I feel like the last game made the girls all look pretty different, the characters have very similar looking faces in this one. The 4 in the center especially. And is the one on the far right a non-loli Fumi?

MordinSolus

Sep 25, 2016
Sadly, Adrift kind of died because of constant virus warnings and no ability to make the engine more accessible or visually appealing. I had to switch, but I'm trying to keep the same style of game and storytelling as the previous Pervert Action games, even if it's in a VN engine.
Is it still AIF though? Or is it now just clicking choices and not text inputs. If you have moved away from a parser is a sad day. You were one of the last bastions of that style of game.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Is it still AIF though? Or is it now just clicking choices and not text inputs. If you have moved away from a cursor is a sad day. You were one of the last bastions of that style of game.
There's no text input any more, no. Sadly, a text parser just turns a lot of people off and there's no good engine for me to work in in that style any more. I think you'll find as this game develops, though, that it will preserve a lot of the feel of a Pervert Action style AIF game even so. (This first version is more "visual novel" I admit, because introducing the story requires a lot of mostly linear story sections, but that will change soon.)

MordinSolus

Sep 25, 2016
There's no text input any more, no. Sadly, a text parser just turns a lot of people off and there's no good engine for me to work in in that style any more. I think you'll find as this game develops, though, that it will preserve a lot of the feel of a Pervert Action style AIF game even so. (This first version is more "visual novel" I admit, because introducing the story requires a lot of mostly linear story sections, but that will change soon.)
x grave of aif
"Here lies BBBen and Goblinboy"
PUT flowers on grave of aif
WEEP

(´。_。`)

Reactions: johnconnor

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
x grave of aif
"Here lies BBBen and Goblinboy"
PUT flowers on grave of aif
WEEP

(´。_。`)
Well... that's a pretty miserable take on it. For one thing, I know for a fact Ice recently released Mythic Rhythms in Adrift, so I don't think it's entirely dead, but the amount of complaints I had about the engine for PAL was becoming pretty overwhelming by the end. In any case, as a developer I'd like to try out new styles and develop other kinds of games. It's not great for me if I'm tied to making text games for the rest of my life when there's so much else I'd like to try.

MordinSolus

Sep 25, 2016
Well... that's a pretty miserable take on it. For one thing, I know for a fact Ice recently released Mythic Rhythms in Adrift, so I don't think it's entirely dead, but the amount of complaints I had about the engine for PAL was becoming pretty overwhelming by the end. In any case, as a developer I'd like to try out new styles and develop other kinds of games. It's not great for me if I'm tied to making text games for the rest of my life when there's so much else I'd like to try.
True that, I'm being overdramatic. I understand the reasons for moving on and it makes perfect sense for you. I just have a long time love of text based adventure games so its sad to see one of the best ever changing directions. I didn't realize a new Adrift game came out, I will have to check it out.

Sidenote, props for adding all the kenji getting rimmed stuff in Legacy, I never expected there to be so much of it when I tipped for that on patreon way back when. I hope that carries over into Timelapse. Your art is looking damn good these days too.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
True that, I'm being overdramatic. I understand the reasons for moving on and it makes perfect sense for you. I just have a long time love of text based adventure games so its sad to see one of the best ever changing directions. I didn't realize a new Adrift game came out, I will have to check it out.

Sidenote, props for adding all the kenji getting rimmed stuff in Legacy, I never expected there to be so much of it when I tipped for that on patreon way back when. I hope that carries over into Timelapse. Your art is looking damn good these days too.
Thanks! And if that's what you're looking for then there's already some in PAT v0.3, so don't worry. ;)

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
I love all BBBen games, and will certainly follow along with this one no matter what, but... I'm not even to our MC's apartment yet and I already hate all of the characters. No one seems the least bit concerned that he lost his memory, including him. Even the doctor (who yes, did a lot of tests) was basically like "eh, you suck, so whatever, you'll figure it out. Sweet talk some bitches or something." Our MC asks no one any actual questions that make sense. Then when being followed by one of the women, actually runs away from her instead of just turning around and being like "oh good, we're alone now and away from the screaming woman, so tell me wtf is going on."

Anyway, ignore me. I've enough confidence in BBBen that it'll be fine once we get rolling. Just ranting.

Leo Kofler

Sep 20, 2017
Ah yes, I also missed the
Thanks for pointing that out. So, I’ve come to the end now and must say this looks really promising! Look forward to seeing updates in the future.

Reactions: BBBen

Stev1

Jan 4, 2018
Heeeeeeeey so, big fan of pervert action legacy, that said by far my favorite part was the flat chested twins...

Everything from their looks to their tsundere/tomboy type attitudes was just awesome. Doesn't look like they (or anything like them) are in this game? Anyone lemme know?

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
The setting is a fictional, multicultural city in Asia called Gainsboro Island, so you'll see writing around from a number of different Asian languages.

Actually, on that point... I really hate that poster on the front page and I'll probably change it soon. I used it because it's got the full extended cast of female characters and it took aaaaages to make and render, but it just looks like garbage. I'll try to come up with something new, probably just focusing on Emi, Nobuko, Shizu and Mika.

EDIT: I added a new poster image. I like this one a bit better, but I'm open to opinions on the subject.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes