4.40 star(s) 20 Votes

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
considering it keeps happening with adrift and the developers of the engine are not really doing anything to resolve the issue, have you ever considered changing engine yourself?
Guys, it is because you download big EXE file. You can still download BLORP version:

It should resolve problem.

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
I wish I knew how to play adrift games. Suck this game isnt rpgm or renpy. I get lost in the config for the adrift layout.
try this page
you get there from opening tips and tricks in the OP. Specifics you want to open are commands, sex commands and if you really want spoilers specific sex commands. Adrift is all about typing to do something. And that's basically the first puzzle, ocne you get soem of those text adventures done you usually know what the most used commands are.

On a personal note to your command, i personally prefer ren'py, RPGM has it's positives regarding gameplay, but regarding content most RPGM games are according to me nothing but walking simulators. And i prefer any text adventure over those, cause usually the games that are made with text adventures are incredibly rich in story. Besides very nostalgic towards the golden age of goblinboy. @BBBen fyi i think you at the same powerlevel of him.

blizman

Aug 12, 2017
Norton has gotten real bad with deleting games because of Reputation.

At least it just deleted it and didn't go mess up registry entries too.

When I was playing another game recently Norton decided to quarantine the exe and screw up registry entries that I haven't been able to fix as part of its quarantine of the exe Norton support still hasn't fixed the problem that it caused

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Alright here is the error I got:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and right after:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This could be to do with your system's numeral icons or decimal separators if it's set up with non-English options there. For example, if decimals are separated with a comma in your system it could mess up fractions that are supposed to be separated with a period. This is an unfortunate error in the design of the Adrift engine. If it's not that then it's still an Adrift bug, but something weird and mysterious that I'm not sure about. Unfortunately Adrift's developer has abandoned the platform (he was still working on it when I started the game) so system bugs won't be fixed. There's an open source effort to make a new and better runner for the engine, but that progress is ongoing.

considering it keeps happening with adrift and the developers of the engine are not really doing anything to resolve the issue, have you ever considered changing engine yourself?
I have - it's not feasible to do an engine port for the existing game, though. For my next project I'm moving to Visual Novel Maker and I should have the first demo out for patrons in a couple of weeks. I'm going to try and keep as much of that AIF style interactivity in there, but obviously with a point-and-click interface and a more visual style.

Reactions: kewl smut

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
@Tarasia how about editing first post with information, that BLORP does not rise AV false positives and EXE sometimes do ?

Xerophyte

Feb 20, 2018
If anyone is getting an error with MCI not being able to opening .tmp files in the AppData/Local/Temp folder it's an issue with Windows 10 N and the Windows Media apps not being installed. I needed to install the Windows Media update from the Microsoft support site.

Use Run > winver to verify your Windows version and search for "media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions" to get to the download page.

Reactions: BBBen

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
try this page
you get there from opening tips and tricks in the OP. Specifics you want to open are commands, sex commands and if you really want spoilers specific sex commands. Adrift is all about typing to do something. And that's basically the first puzzle, ocne you get soem of those text adventures done you usually know what the most used commands are.

On a personal note to your command, i personally prefer ren'py, RPGM has it's positives regarding gameplay, but regarding content most RPGM games are according to me nothing but walking simulators. And i prefer any text adventure over those, cause usually the games that are made with text adventures are incredibly rich in story. Besides very nostalgic towards the golden age of goblinboy. @BBBen fyi i think you at the same powerlevel of him.
BBBen along with GoblinBoy, Chris Cole, A.Bomire, One-Eyed Jack, NewKid (okay that one's going way back to the old alt.games.XTrek Usenet days) and others who were prolific that I'm forgetting I wonder how many of the old AIF makers might've stuck around if Patreon were a thing 15 years ago and had a potential monetary incentive to keep going and didn't quit for personal reasons.

I still prefer the IF style even without pictures because of the interactivity and writing, obviously there could be issues with having to play "guess the verb" and if you or the author didn't have a decent grasp of the language the game was made in it'd be completely unplayable and I think that lead to a lot of crap being weeded out, also probably what helped drive the scene into the ground but still I'd put the best TADS/ADRIFT based AIF games against the best Ren'py/Unity VN style games and I think at least for me the AIF ones would win out every time simply due to that greater interactivity plus the games were usually complete when released.

On the other hand had there been a Patreon style service back then it would've lead to a lot more crap too but unlike VNs bad writing in IF games can't be made up for by distracting people with nice pictures. Hopefully people would've still waited to release their games when they were completed or completed the initial version and expanded on it as BBBen has done with this game.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
obviously there could be issues with having to play "guess the verb" and if you or the author didn't have a decent grasp of the language the game was made in it'd be completely unplayable
Going to date myself and recall Vachon in response to this. Though these days he probably wouldn't be any worse than some of the other machine translated stuff floating around Patreon.

IF is what it is - fiction. A story. That is something many games here lack. They don't hold the Player/Reader at all, or the game is a premise without anything around the structure to draw anyone in. Lackluster and thin characters, bad dialogue, and a jerky story are ways to ruin a game. And we see plenty of it. The advantage for many of the games now is that with a Renpy or Unity game you can just ask for a full save or something to see the images without having to uncover them, or read into the story for its rewards.

Back then we had walkthroughs, or hints, and you had to ask for them multiple times. In the snow...barefoot...while walking uphill.

Reactions: markey and MrDL

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
@Tarasia how about editing first post with information, that BLORP does not rise AV false positives and EXE sometimes do ?
I let the moderators take over on this game, check my title i am no longer a uploader. That's basically cause i did choose for that. I made that choice cause i had no things to upload anymore and i forgot to calculate in that BBBen would make a expansion. So.... I rarely edit, just cause there is a cahnce a mod is already working on it.

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Going to date myself and recall Vachon in response to this. Though these days he probably wouldn't be any worse than some of the other machine translated stuff floating around Patreon.

IF is what it is - fiction. A story. That is something many games here lack. They don't hold the Player/Reader at all, or the game is a premise without anything around the structure to draw anyone in. Lackluster and thin characters, bad dialogue, and a jerky story are ways to ruin a game. And we see plenty of it. The advantage for many of the games now is that with a Renpy or Unity game you can just ask for a full save or something to see the images without having to uncover them, or read into the story for its rewards.

Back then we had walkthroughs, or hints, and you had to ask for them multiple times. In the snow...barefoot...while walking uphill.

LMAO I remember Vachon and he's probably who I had in mind when I wrote that, I wasn't super active in the Yahoo Group but I remember his games and the grammatical hell contained within and his seeming inability to listen to advice from people trying to help him. Even he would probably be on the better end compared to a lot of the asset flipping cash grab attempts that too many Ren'Py games are.

Reactions: KingsRaiden

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
found a grammar bug bbben: when being intimidate with Ai, i had to write "fuck ai butt" instead of "fuck ai's butt" to get her anal scene. however, for her tits and pussy scenes i had to write ai's **** to get the scene.

4.40 star(s) 20 Votes