VN HTML Ren'Py Personal preference on game engines and art style.

OneTwoBoogaloo

Oct 6, 2017
Hey Guys n Girls

Out of curiosity what are your prefered game engines whilst playing NSFW games, this is to help me with game development and it would be helpful to hear the feedback of the community.
Whilst im on the case do you prefer 2D, 3D or real images.

it only takes 10 seconds to to comment and this is just a few of the questions game developers need to hear, so thank you for your time.

Sincerely
OneTwoBoogaloo

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Ren'Py without a doubt. It is simple to use, it works fast (skipping for view material is really good), it has a lot of flexibility and is very plug and play. Unity would be a second. I strongly dislike RPGM games.

About style: realistic 3d like Blender and Daz 3D are probably the best, but you can see really impressive stuff just using Honey Select, and I am super confident it is way simpler to use. Take a look a Murmur. It looks amazing and it is honey select (not sure if one or two). For 2d it really depends on what you can do. There is some I love, some I hate.
But honestly, pretty much everything works if the story is good.

OneTwoBoogaloo

Oct 6, 2017
If you really really want answers you could search previous threads in this forum, pretty much everything has been asked at least once by now.

Short answers will be Ren'Py and DAZ.
I have seen a few of these posts before but i thought id still ask myself as its something im interested in hearing.

And thanks for the time