Tool Permission fixer for Mac and Linux

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Mr_SmithXoXo

Nov 11, 2020
Maybe, if you state more clearly what you did and what error you get.
I downloaded Zombie's Retreat on Mac then opened the file and double clicked it standard route as usual and got the error message. From what I found it's a Catalina Error but all the solutions I found don't resolve the issue so I was hoping someone knew how to fix here.

Last edited:

buff

May 29, 2017
I downloaded Zombie's Retreat on Mac then opened the file and double clicked it standard route as usual and got the error message. From what I found it's a Catalina Error but all the solutions I found don't resolve the issue so I was hoping someone knew how to fix here.
Without seeing the exact wording of the error message, it's hard to say. It could be a 32-bit problem, could be permissions, could be corrupted files. Not familiar with that game, but if it's RenPy you can fix just about anything (other than the game content itself being fucked) by re-exporting the game with the RenPy SDK (see https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-create-a-mac-version-of-any-renpy-game.3289/).

picobyte

Oct 20, 2017
I don't have a mac, but maybe this helps:

Sep 26, 2021
I know I am late to the party here and I hate being the asshole holding-up the line, but could someone please explain this process step-by-step? I have a 2015 Mac and have upgraded to the most resent OS. Since I have done so, I cannot play any of the older Mac Games. It just keeps saying, "Do not have administrative permissions." Newer games and updated games work without any issues, but not the older games. My understanding of using the terminal and adding code is at a -5 level. If we were all playing KOTOR, I would be the asshole who just bust into rooms slicing and dicing, rather than using the computer spikes to keep enemies.

HELP!

Reactions: Paradox101

buff

May 29, 2017
I know I am late to the party here and I hate being the asshole holding-up the line, but could someone please explain this process step-by-step? I have a 2015 Mac and have upgraded to the most resent OS. Since I have done so, I cannot play any of the older Mac Games. It just keeps saying, "Do not have administrative permissions." Newer games and updated games work without any issues, but not the older games. My understanding of using the terminal and adding code is at a -5 level.
Sorry, but that is a confusing one. Older (32-bit) games won't run, but the error is generally not a permissions one.

Have you tried giving yourself admin permissions, since that seems to be what it wants for some reason?

Sep 26, 2021
Sorry, but that is a confusing one. Older (32-bit) games won't run, but the error is generally not a permissions one.

Have you tried giving yourself admin permissions, since that seems to be what it wants for some reason?
I am the only one who uses my computer. HAHA. That's what is confusing about all of this to me. I am the admin of my own computer. HAHA.

I know it is confusing. I wish I knew how to word what the issue is, or how to be more articulate about what is happening. But essentially, once I got a newer MacBook, most of the games made for the old OS stopped working on this MacBook and I keep seeing an error saying I do not have permission to play the game.

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
If the version in the OP will ever be updated:
version 0.01 doesn't like unescaped spaces in the dir name under linux (Debian) which can be fixed by adding four pairs of " :
Line 19: ARG1="$1" instead of ARG1=$1
Line 49: appdir="$ARG1" instead of appdir=$ARG1
Line 72: for i in "$scriptfiles"; do instead of for i in $scriptfiles; do
Line 73: chmod +x "$i" instead of chmod +x $i

after that it doesn't throw those annoying errors anymore.
Fixed that for me a time ago but forgot to mention it here :sleep:

Sep 26, 2021
If the version in the OP will ever be updated:
version 0.01 doesn't like unescaped spaces in the dir name under linux (Debian) which can be fixed by adding four pairs of " :
Line 19: ARG1="$1" instead of ARG1=$1
Line 49: appdir="$ARG1" instead of appdir=$ARG1
Line 72: for i in "$scriptfiles"; do instead of for i in $scriptfiles; do
Line 73: chmod +x "$i" instead of chmod +x $i

after that it doesn't throw those annoying errors anymore.
Fixed that for me a time ago but forgot to mention it here :sleep:
Is this for Mac? Where do I enter these codes? Into the games themself, or my computer?

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Is this for Mac? Where do I enter these codes? Into the games themself, or my computer?
1. It should run on MacOS as the original file is written to work under linux and mac
2. Those 'codes' are my personal small improvement of the original code that work for linux, so you would have to edit that file according to that
3. If you would have read the OP, you would know it is a tool that repairs permission problems for RenPy games (There are different modded versions all over the thread but they are not from goobdoob )

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote