Patreon question about step relations

Cohibozz

Aug 14, 2018
i'm on work with mt first game...
in storyboard i've put landlady, roomates as usually....but i've to set for the story also mom and sisters.
my question is, if i write the story for stepmother/stepsister, that are no real parents of mc. can i use patreon or other crowfonding site for devolp my game?

i've to in any case specific on game that mother and stepsister are not mc real parents?

sorry for my poor english, i'm a stupid italian :)

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
It doesn't matter if they're blood related or not on patreon.
Step-Incest generally gets the same treatment on there as blood-related family.

Cohibozz

Aug 14, 2018
mm....i think that i've to find some to do for change relation in not relation way....

something like dad's girlfriend?
i don't know....my story is not the same without incest content....and i hate the "landlady" escamotage. Also because my story is not good with landlady like with stepmother.......mmm....any help? can i share my prologue without render for ask some help?

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
mm....i think that i've to find some to do for change relation in not relation way....

something like dad's girlfriend?
i don't know....my story is not the same without incest content....and i hate the "landlady" escamotage. Also because my story is not good with landlady like with stepmother.......mmm....any help? can i share my prologue without render for ask some help?
That would probably be ok, but with patreon who knows. They've said in the past they look at the 'family dynamic'.

Also

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
How does Patreon treat relations between adopted people?
You just grown up in that family but call them mommy and sis. They call you son, bro...
Will it be ok?
Or should they call themselves by names?

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
How does Patreon treat relations between adopted people?
You just grown up in that family but call them mommy and sis. They call you son, bro...
Will it be ok?
Or should they call themselves by names?
Can't use mom/sis/etc.

Adopted and step are both banned on Patreon.

Reactions: P_S_Y_C_H_O

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
If you're that bothered, why even make an incest game on Patreon?

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
So only way is to make MC a stranger and call only names, but then make a patch?
It can be complicated. Sometimes you have to change the whole scene but not only replace 'names' in text to make it quality product.
It will be even silly without patch.
Smth like 'I can not touch you down there, you are my Alex. Helen should not touch their Alex down there, it's not appropriate.'
And then make a patch to replace it? Fuck it sucks.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
What is an alternative to it?
How to make money making taboo content?
1. Make a game without incest.
2. Make a game about incest but not monetized.
3. Make a with incest that offers something more and where banging the mom is not the objective of the game.

Reactions: Elvishious

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
What is an alternative to it?
How to make money making taboo content?
If you are releasing your game on Patreon, then you need to accept to play by their rules. So, if you insist on making it happen on Patreon so you can earn money, then you need to make an incest patch available somewhere else, or you adjust your story so it can fit on Patreon.

I am working on a game of my own, which will feature content that Patreon does not allow, so I will simply not release my game on Patreon. Problem solved. Then again, I just make my game because I think it is fun, so it doesn't bother me that I am not earning money from it.
If your main goal is to make money, then you need to adjust accordingly.

Reactions: P_S_Y_C_H_O

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
It can be complicated. Sometimes you have to change the whole scene but not only replace 'names' in text to make it quality product.
It will be even silly without patch.
If the point of your game is incest related, and it needs a patch to be the story you want to tell, then why do you care if the un-patched game is silly?
1) People who want your game with incest will never play without the patch
2) People who don't want your game with incest will realize you aren't making the game for them anyways, so they will never support the game, patch or no patch
4) ....profit???

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
One that's not been done a lot yet is:

"Your remaining parent dies and leaves you your childhood home (paid off house = more disposable income for MC). Because [some reason] moving back 'home' seems like a good idea right now. You move back and your childhood crush still lives next door... and her hot mom... and her bratty younger sister... and her best friend is kind of hot too...". Figure out a reason why MC spends more time at the neighbor's house than their own (termites?)... and you've set up the core of an incest style relationship, without breaking Patreon's rules.
Because "she was like a (younger) sister to me", works almost as well.
It doesn't even have to be a childhood crush... if mom was too old to be approachable when you were 15 and daughter was too young (11?)... that's all changed when you move back at 23.

Depending on the age/gender of the MC, perhaps your childhood crush IS the mom and her children are just old enough to be corrupted.

As for the landlady solution... I'm sure that's because so many existing games needing to explain away why the MC lives with so many attractive women. It was a quick and dirty solution. As new games come along, hopefully authors will get more creative.

Cohibozz

Aug 14, 2018
i've found a solution for the story...

Mom in my censored story is Nanny! it's explain why she live with us.
My Uncle that adopted MC until he's 21, is .......Landlady of foster home ! :)

skvllbro

Aug 15, 2018
Or you could always do a non incest game. That’s why I’m trying to do.

The scene just seems so saturated with incest, it’s crazy. I understand that it’s taboo and appeals to a lot of people, I have a hard time getting into it myself, but that’s beside the point.

The thing is, that too many devs just try to catch a ride on the incest train for those patreon bucks, and in the process come up with increasingly farfetched scenarios when there are so many untapped settings and ideas out there.

Cohibozz

Aug 14, 2018
my game have a story that go good with or without incest. i've an idea for different path...
at start u can choice if u want change the relations and name (to go in incest mode) and also u can select if u want hard or romantic story (with no incest and no "i can fuck all girls in my world :) "