Mod Ren'Py Parental Love - Lain's Walkthrough & Scene Gallery Mod [v0.99] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
It seems it will pick up saved routes as well. And just to clarify when you have a choice and neither is greyed out, that means the choice does not matter correct? I believe that is how it was for other games but was not sure.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
It seems it will pick up saved routes as well. And just to clarify when you have a choice and neither is greyed out, that means the choice does not matter correct? I believe that is how it was for other games but was not sure.
You have to start a new game and choose a route from this screen for it to show the correct choices.
1.png

And yes, if you have a choice and none of the options are greyed out then you can choose any.

heero000

Jun 23, 2018
does't work on the original game version 0.9.1 (1,12GB), gallery crashes and instead of the animation is gray screen

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
@Maim Lain I have a crash too when i use the mod Walkthrough & Scene gallery mod and click in the main menu to gallery.Here is the traceback

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
does't work on the original game version 0.9.1 (1,12GB), gallery crashes and instead of the animation is gray screen
Which animation shows a grey screen?
And you need the scene gallery mod to open the scene gallery. The original gallery in the game does not work and crashes.

Maim Lain I have a crash too when i use the mod Walkthrough & Scene gallery mod and click in the main menu to gallery.Here is the traceback
Are you sure you have the Walkthrough & Scene gallery mod and not just the Walkthrough mod?

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Are you sure you have the Walkthrough & Scene gallery mod and not just the Walkthrough mod?
oh god you have right.I'm stupid.I have make a folder where i have put your mod inside and have name it to "Lain's Walkthrough + Scene Gallery Mod".But the rar file is called PL_LainsWalkthroughMod_0-9-1.Sorry to wrote that wrong

Reactions: Maid Lain

heero000

Jun 23, 2018
Which animation shows a grey screen?
And you need the scene gallery mod to open the scene gallery. The original gallery in the game does not work and crashes.
BJ Emily - I didn't see the others because I thought will be no different than this.
If You knew the gallery crashes on walkthrough mod than you should mentioned this on the description.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
BJ Emily - I didn't see the others because I thought will be no different than this.
If You knew the gallery crashes on walkthrough mod than you should mentioned this on the description.
From what I understand reading Lains post the gallery works using Lains Walkthrough & Scene Gallery mod, its the original gallery in the game that doesn't work which is why the gallery crashes with just the walkthrough mod.

heero000

Jun 23, 2018
In original game without mod everything works fine (gallery and animations) only with walkthrough mod gallery crashes and Im not gonna argue with you two, dont get me wrong i really like this mod.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
In original game without mod everything works fine (gallery and animations) only with walkthrough mod gallery crashes and Im not gonna argue with you two, dont get me wrong i really like this mod.
I wouldn't know I haven't yet played the latest update with or without this mod, so you know better than I.
If you say the walkthrough mod breaks the gallery then ok, I was just going off Lains post.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
OK so I just did a quick test and you are correct:
I tried the game without the mod and the scene gallery worked fine, I tried with just the walkthrough mod and it crashed, then I tried with the walkthrough and gallery mod which worked fine.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: heero000

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
OK so I just did a quick test and you are correct:
I tried the game without the mod and the scene gallery worked fine, I tried with just the walkthrough mod and it crashed, then I tried with the walkthrough and gallery mod which worked fine.
Using the scene gallery without any mods will still cause the game to crash. Try playing any of the scenes.

Have you noticed any animations not showing with the mod though? Because that still doesn't happen for me.

heero000

Jun 23, 2018
Using the scene gallery without any mods will still cause the game to crash. Try playing any of the scenes.
Have you noticed any animations not showing with the mod though? Because that still doesn't happen for me.
In original game only one scene in gallery crash (elly in the kitchen) and I've seen every animations with mod (only BJ Emily show gray screen).

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I've seen every animations with mod (only BJ Emily show gray screen).
That's the car bj scene right, that scene plays fine for me with the gallery mod I haven't tried without it though.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Emily (mother) BJ on the couch after fight in the park.
ah ok that's odd just one animation not working for you, I just loaded that scene from the gallery an it's playing fine for me.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote