Mod Ren'Py Parental Love - Lain's Walkthrough & Scene Gallery Mod [v0.99] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018

Updated: 2020-05-25
Game/Creator: /
Modder:
Game Version: 0.99

Features:

A full in-game walkthrough for every route in the game Parental Love! When you start a new game you will be asked which route you would like to play. After choosing a route, whenever an in-game choice appears the mod will automatically highlight the best choice based on the route you chose. Choices that aren't important and don't have lasting effects aren't highlighted so you still have freedom and can pick your preferred choice.

A scene gallery has also been added to the main menu which lets you replay any scene in the game! All the scenes are unlocked by default, meaning you don't have to play through the game to view the scenes. I've also added more frames to some of the animations and animated some scenes that previously had no animation.

Installation:
PC:
Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "ParentalLove-version0.99-pc" folder.

Mac:
Unzip the mod -> Right click your PLove app -> Click "Show Package Contents" -> Open the "Contents/Resources/autorun" folder -> Hold the Option key and drag the folder named "game" from the mod into the "autorun" folder -> Click merge

We don't condone sharing of our Patron only content, the links to which are added by the F95 Uploader Team. However, we have chosen to take an active role in the community despite the content shared.​ Please support the project if you enjoy the content.

Old mod links have been removed by the mod author...
....and new mod updates may or may not be added in the future.

The version 0.99 Mod will NOT work on Version 1.00 of the game!!!

DOWNLOAD
PC & Mac: MEGA - GDRIVE
Android: MEGA - GDRIVE
Version 1.00 -
SomeGuyWithNoImagination - MOD

For backup purposes....v0.99

2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png
screenshot0005.png screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
When I use this mod, whenever there's a sex scene, I just get a bunch of grey screens with a title at the top (e.g., lainsofi1). Am I doing something wrong?
Ah fuck, my bad, I improved and added more frames to some of the animations but forgot to include them for that version. Redownload the mod and the scenes will work, sorry.

@nickmray I fixed it, redownload the mod and it will work.

Hestk

Jun 7, 2017
Well I seem to be getting the error right after you meet up with the girl with the wig, when she gets to the guest room and right before the first set of choices come up

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Well I seem to be getting the error right after you meet up with the girl with the wig, when she gets to the guest room and right before the first set of choices come up
That doesn't happen for me. What does the error say?

Hestk

Jun 7, 2017
That doesn't happen for me. What does the error say?
It's that gray screen of death, the one that says an exception has occurred. Seen it a million times.
If you want specific details I can't give them to you, I'm not into this coding stuff. All I know is that it happens right before the two sets of choices you get after she's invited to stay in the house with you.
The reason I know is because I have the game twise, one with and without your mod.
All I can see is a bunch of errors on the screen, one stands out though 'lain_harem' not defined.
Oh well. I'll just play it without the mod. Thanks for replying.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
All I can see is a bunch of errors on the screen, one stands out though 'lain_harem' not defined.
That means you didn't install the mod correctly somehow and it is missing a file/files.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Mod has been updated to v0.9.1

Changelog:
  • If you already downloaded 0.9 and don't want to redownload the game for 0.9.1, you can just download the mod since it includes all the 0.9.1 fixes
  • Added animation to the 0.9 Jenna deepthroat scene
  • Added the 0.9 scenes to the scene gallery

Also, here's my game save that starts at the beginning of the new 0.9 content. The variable for the player name is player_name if you want to change it.

hanyang75

Feb 27, 2018
got an error:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/d7.rpy", line 3343, in script
    jump d8start
ScriptError: could not find label 'd8start'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/d7.rpy", line 3343, in script
    jump d8start
  File "E:\ZONE75\TELECHARGEMENT\ParentalLove-version09-pc\ParentalLove-version0.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1620, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "E:\ZONE75\TELECHARGEMENT\ParentalLove-version09-pc\ParentalLove-version0.9-pc\renpy\script.py", line 873, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'd8start'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.0.882
Parental Love version0.9
Tue Feb 05 01:03:27 2019

Reactions: lucifer2430

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
it's not working at all for me : the game run exactly the same way with or without the mod
It works fine for me
If you install the mod correctly at the start of the game after you enter the MC's name you should see this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And you will see choices are greyed out, see the spoiler below for a comparison of the first choice with & without the mod
Did you install the mod correctly? You want to copy the game folder to the PL folder and replace files when asked.

Reactions: Maid Lain

krollmeister

Aug 9, 2017
thanks, the walkthrough mod was helpful, for once I didn't accidently trigger the harem path when I was aiming for one of the other 2 and the animation improvements look nice too

Reactions: Maid Lain

nininain

Oct 5, 2017
It works fine for me
If you install the mod correctly at the start of the game after you enter the MC's name you should see this
And you will see choices are greyed out, see the spoiler below for a comparison of the first choice with & without the mod
Did you install the mod correctly? You want to copy the game folder to the PL folder and replace files when asked.
It's correctly installed :all the mod files are in the "game" folder and the original ones have been replaced...still nothing change

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote