Mod Ren'Py Parental Love - Lain's Walkthrough & Scene Gallery Mod [v0.99] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
To clarify, that's just a bugfix, not the final version with the updated walkthrough and everything, right?
Correct. I have been very busy and have not yet updated the walkthrough with the new content. Reading the instructions in the changelog, I think the scenes will just happen to fall in line with the existing walkthrough, but I haven't confirmed it.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I've updated SomeGuyWithNoImagination version of the mod with the following changes:
My changes:
  • Added Jordyn's Day 15 Sex Scene to the Others section of the Scene Gallery
  • Added a Full Endings section to the Scene Gallery
  • Added all 6 Full Endings
  • Note: These are not a short 2 minute Scene Replay but 5 to 10+ minute Full Ending Replays
  • Lowered the cringe in the dialogue by replacing all Daww with Aww and Gods to God
Link:
https://f95zone.to/threads/parental-love-v1-1-luxee.3222/post-8308380

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I've updated SomeGuyWithNoImagination version of the mod with the following changes:
My changes:
  • Added Jordyn's Day 15 Sex Scene to the Others section of the Scene Gallery
  • Added a Full Endings section to the Scene Gallery
  • Added all 6 Full Endings
  • Note: These are not a short 2 minute Scene Replay but 5 to 10+ minute Full Ending Replays
  • Lowered the cringe in the dialogue by replacing all Daww with Aww and Gods to God
Link:
https://f95zone.to/threads/parental-love-v1-1-luxee.3222/post-8308380
The last point made me chuckle. Cheers!

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
So are there not any updates that need to be made to the walkthrough after all?
If you want to see the new content in the v1.1 release and still have the walkthrough part then you will need to have the latest version of the Walkthrough / Scene Gallery mod.

Also, my version adds more scenes to the Scene Gallery if you like the Scene Gallery stuff.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
If you want to see the new content in the v1.1 release and still have the walkthrough part then you will need to have the latest version of the Walkthrough / Scene Gallery mod.

Also, my version adds more scenes to the Scene Gallery if you like the Scene Gallery stuff.
I'm not sure from your response that you quite understood the question. Your notes made no mention of updating the walkthrough to account for the new content, which SomeGuyWithNoImagination's last version of the mod, upon which your version is based, hadn't done yet either. So my question was, did it turn out that no such updates were necessary - that following the walkthrough as-is will naturally lead to all of the content added in 1.1?

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I'm not sure from your response that you quite understood the question. Your notes made no mention of updating the walkthrough to account for the new content, which SomeGuyWithNoImagination's last version of the mod, upon which your version is based, hadn't done yet either. So my question was, did it turn out that no such updates were necessary - that following the walkthrough as-is will naturally lead to all of the content added in 1.1?
Instead of giving you a basic answer, I'll try to give you and anyone else with similar questions a more thorough answer.

If you look at the files either inside Lain's, SomeGuyWithNoImagination or my mod you will see a file named script.rpy and a folder called scripts with a bunch of .rpy files. These files contain modified versions of the game's script so that means to be able to see any updated content then you will need to get an updated version of these files, otherwise you will only see the content of the version those files were made for.

So if you had used Lain's mod for for the 0.99 version or SomeGuyWithNoImagination's 1.0 version of Lain's mod then you will need to grab my updated version of the mod along with the 1.1 of the game to be able to see the 1.1 content. The new 1.1 version of the game contains updated script files and new images for the new content.

If you had used no mods then you will only need to download the new 1.1 version of the game and play it as normal.

I hope that helps answers you question.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
I guess I still wasn't clear. The question isn't "is the new content accessible with the mod" - barring any errors, that much ought to be safe to assume on the basis of the version of the mod matching the current version of the game. The question is "will following the recommendations of the walkthrough result in seeing the new content?" That's the aspect SomeGuy hadn't gotten around to updating (or verifying the lack of need to update) before you stepped in:
Here's a quick and dirty rebase to the mod. This implements any changes from 1.1 such as the new scenes, dialogue and bug fixes, and anything else that might be in there.

I didn't yet add any notes to the walkthrough about the new scenes (I'll get to that soon when I have time to read the script), but I did update the gallery unlock so that those scenes are viewable.
[emphasis added]

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I guess I still wasn't clear. The question isn't "is the new content accessible with the mod" - barring any errors, that much ought to be safe to assume on the basis of the version of the mod matching the current version of the game. The question is "will following the recommendations of the walkthrough result in seeing the new content?" That's the aspect SomeGuy hadn't gotten around to updating (or verifying the lack of need to update) before you stepped in:
[emphasis added]
For the most part, the new scenes do fall in line with the existing script. In my rebase of the mod, it did not go out of its way to tell you what choices allowed you to see new scenes, however, three of the six already occur naturally (Sofi scene, Jenna scene, F Night scene), one is obvious if you read the menu choices (Alley scene), but the last two require you take the path with the trans girl (I think), which is a path that Lain didn't even mention herself.

It is all similar to kinks and the best I would be able to do is simply add notes before some of the choices saying "chosing this option will lead to a scene, but it is entirely optional and will not (majorly) affect your ending."

Last edited:

designguy313

Feb 6, 2021
After installing the mod Emily's name is changed to farah_d13_sex. . . any chance for a fix? Attempted it myself but not a dev. . .
Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 7.48.18 AM.jpg

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
After installing the mod Emily's name is changed to farah_d13_sex. . . any chance for a fix? Attempted it myself but not a dev. . .
View attachment 2350936
You know that mod from this thread is outdated and not compatible with the latest version of the game that was released which is v1.1 ?
Link to updated and compatible mod for version 1.1 you can find in main game thread in OP so I recommend that you use this mod.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
did anyone ask shaddy to make one he does a good job
In main thread with game in the OP there are two different mods linked and both are up to date with the last available version of this game so v1.1.
:unsure: So why would anyone ask another modder to create a third identical mod for the same game?

Reactions: Jorund
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote