over 4Gb files download issues

CLAS-SIFIED

Jul 14, 2020
i am having problems downloading files over 4 gbs in size, i use mega and pixeldrain, when i try downloading ANY file over 4 gbs it says "no" and stops progressing, for about 1 minute it keeps trying to download but not going over 4gbs, in the case of mega it claims a "Write Error" for pixeldrain it's "Disk Full" for the other ABSOLUTE degenerates that download file over 4gbs any idea why this happens (it's also likely gonna be the same no matter what i use as it's exactly 4gb when it happens)

AgentOrange

Jul 3, 2017
I´m assuming you are using 32-bit Windows. This is an old know issue, only fix is upgrade to 64-bit, or switching operating system.

CLAS-SIFIED

Jul 14, 2020
I´m assuming you are using 32-bit Windows. This is an old know issue, only fix is upgrade to 64-bit, or switching operating system.
according to my pc it's 64-bit

P.S i already changed my pc/laptop as i was planning it for a while because it was trash

CLAS-SIFIED

Jul 14, 2020
according to my pc it's 64-bit

P.S i already changed my pc/laptop as i was planning it for a while because it was trash
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.70 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.90 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Feb 1, 2019
i am having problems downloading files over 4 gbs in size, i use mega and pixeldrain, when i try downloading ANY file over 4 gbs it says "no" and stops progressing, for about 1 minute it keeps trying to download but not going over 4gbs, in the case of mega it claims a "Write Error" for pixeldrain it's "Disk Full" for the other ABSOLUTE degenerates that download file over 4gbs any idea why this happens (it's also likely gonna be the same no matter what i use as it's exactly 4gb when it happens)
Most likely you're downloading to a drive/partition that's formatted in FAT32, which has a maximum file size of 4 GB. The only way to solve it is to either format the drive to something modern (I recommend NTFS, but make sure the drive has nothing important on it, since formatting deletes everything) or use a different drive which is already formatted to something newer.

Reactions: scrumbles

CLAS-SIFIED

Jul 14, 2020
Most likely you're downloading to a drive/partition that's formatted in FAT32, which has a maximum file size of 4 GB. The only way to solve it is to either format the drive to something modern (I recommend NTFS, but make sure the drive has nothing important on it, since formatting deletes everything) or use a different drive which is already formatted to something newer.
is it 4gbs download max? or just period if its period then...

Feb 1, 2019
ok never mind i finally found the current format and yes its FAT32
but as you can see it's my main external storage (I dont have another one)
If your C: drive is NTFS you can download to that and then extract the archive to your external storage. As long as any individual file inside the archive isn't over 4 GB you'll be fine. Long term I would recommend finding somewhere to copy the data from your external storage and then formatting it.

CLAS-SIFIED

Jul 14, 2020
If your C: drive is NTFS you can download to that and then extract the archive to your external storage. As long as any individual file inside the archive isn't over 4 GB you'll be fine. Long term I would recommend finding somewhere to copy the data from your external storage and then formatting it.
it is and i appreciate your recommendation (and general help) but unfortunately...

CLAS-SIFIED

Jul 14, 2020
oh wait nevermind im dumb download to my C: drive then extract/transfer to my external ok thanks

Reactions: AgentOrange