Ren'Py Outland Wanderer [v0.0.24] [Outland Wanderer]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

sunsol

Oct 1, 2018
Dev made a pretty basic mistake and put the checks in the if statement in the wrong order... View attachment 2445365
the enemy_num > 1 needs to be first in order to short circuit the if statement before it gets to the problematic one... not after. apparently had the knowledge he needed it but not how to use it. as soon as enemy2 gets set, it never gets unset so it would be easy for him to not encounter it if he uses the same test save files.

In order to fix it you should use this tool UnRen.bat
1. Put the .bat file next to the exe files and run the .bat file
2. In the command prompt type '3' and press enter to enable developer console then close the window
3. Launch the game and load your save then press shift+o to open the command prompt and type in "enemy2 = slime" without the quotes and press enter
4. press escape to close the console. Make a save to save the variable to your save file. if you rewind behind this point you will lose what you've done and have to do it again. You should no longer get the error message
what is a .bat file? this is so confusing

Krolarnin

Sep 25, 2017
what is a .bat file? this is so confusing
Download the linked tool. It is a zip containing a .bat file. If you haven't told windows to show you file extensions it'll just be called "UnRen-1.0.10". Sorry any time I install windows i tell it to show me file extensions I forget that it's not on by default.

1679048457551.png

If you aren't on windows i updated the original post to the similar tool you will need to use instead.

Last edited:

Kruxis

Sep 3, 2019
Mmm...I don't know why this build is buggy af. If I load a save, an error would pop up when I try to interact with the equipment and get teleported to a random location after pressing ignore. And if I start a new save, my inventory will be always empty, making it impossible to complete the first quest

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
OutlandWanderer-0.0.16
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Nov 8, 2021
Mmm...I don't know why this build is buggy af. If I load a save, an error would pop up when I try to interact with the equipment and get teleported to a random location after pressing ignore. And if I start a new save, my inventory will be always empty, making it impossible to complete the first quest
Yeah, the dev (with peace and love) always fucks up every patreon release he puts out. The amount of script exceptions are mindboggling and I seriously doubt he has any QA or simpliest of tests before pushing out the code. And I'm talking clicking on load, new game or bad end gallery. 0.0.16a immediately crashed when clicking on those. How did he not notice and released anyway?
I recommend waiting to play, even with patreon access due to major bugs. He's at the third hotfix already (0.0.16d).

Canopus524144

Oct 13, 2018
very buggy, constant errors and can't even obtain any item ("you found 0 stone")
BUT I really like the art style, I'll wait for fix :3

Reactions: Showin001

BubbaNoName

Apr 25, 2019
Lol... Buggy doesn't even cover it. I Downloaded it for the first time, installed, start new game and.... "Unbound LocalError: Local Variable Jitem referenced before assignment" Gotta say, great first impression.

Nov 8, 2021
Lol... Buggy doesn't even cover it. I Downloaded it for the first time, installed, start new game and.... "Unbound LocalError: Local Variable Jitem referenced before assignment" Gotta say, great first impression.
Yeah, I recommend downloading from dev's Itch page if you don't wanna wait for the (definitively) fixed Patreon release.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote