• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
5.00 star(s) 10 Votes

HoloJesusCard

Sep 26, 2018
hello !

someone know if there a virtual document where i can see all the actual characters who are planified/already in the game with their major sprite + their development and the sprite who follow their development ? please, thank in advance (i hope you can understand what i have write, my english is not really good)
There's a wiki for GB patch games that has pretty much all you're asking for.

Reactions: sulli

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
new post

Month End Post: February 2024 Wrap-Up

Happy leap year day!
How nice it is to have one more day to get things done in February. But the month is still basically over, so let's talk about the progress here at GB Patch Games.
Monthly Content Summary:
I finished the script for the final Step 1 base game Moment! All five are done. I also wrote the second DLC Moment script (I skipped ahead and wrote one DLC Moment a while ago). So that means there's only three Moments left for Step 1. Hooray, we're getting somewhere
In terms of numbers, I wrote 35,250 words worth of scripts, and I drafted 10,850 words. In total, 46,100 words got put down for the story in February.
17,800 words were programmed. That wasn't for one part of a Moment, which is normally what I do per month. It was Part 1 of a script and getting into Part 2 as well. We're trying to get ahead on getting the script into the build.
Besides that, I got caught up on sprinkling sound effects through multiple Moments that were in the beta. I took some time at the end of the month to make a "draft before the draft" type of basic outline for Step 1 Moment number nine. We're running out of scenes, if there's stuff I want in the story I've gotta work it in soon.
And I had a problem with my laptop freezing and even crashing programs this month. That took up more time than I would've liked. And it's not fixed, but I've learned what to avoid for now to keep it running. I'll try again next month to see if its performance can be improved.
The OL1 artbook didn't get released, though. I put that on hold when my laptop started acting up. I'm sorry for everyone waiting to get it.

Overall, it was a good month! I checked off the development tasks that needed to be done, and the things I couldn't get to can still happen later. But I'll discuss future plans tomorrow.

Thank you for checking in

Jul 19, 2020
We've got another very special character reveal today. In Step 3, local lesbian Vianca has found a girlfriend ❗❗❗

This leads me to wonder if the game will ever specifically acknowledge Tamarack and MC as lesbians in the text too, and have themselves and other characters actually reference that they are in fact, two girls in a romantic relationship with each other. Assuming ofc that you're playing a fem MC and going for Tamarack as I plan to!

So many similar games just completely gloss over being LGBT when it comes to the protagonist, even if they represent and explore it for other characters.

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
This leads me to wonder if the game will ever specifically acknowledge Tamarack and MC as lesbians in the text too, and have themselves and other characters actually reference that they are in fact, two girls in a romantic relationship with each other. Assuming ofc that you're playing a fem MC and going for Tamarack as I plan to!

So many similar games just completely gloss over being LGBT when it comes to the protagonist, even if they represent and explore it for other characters.
I've never done it in the original Our Life, but doesn't that game also specifically acknowledge in the text that your character is gay/lesbian/poly/whatever else if they choose to be? I do recall that there were a few times where you got to discuss your sexuality with other characters. I'd be pretty surprised if you couldn't state/have other characters mention your sexuality/relationship status in a later Step in this game, too.

Reactions: sweaterweather4327

luccel

Jan 30, 2021
post for march

Month Beginning Post: March 2024 Plans

[Lovely guest art piece by SouNomNom on Twitter]
Hi everybody,
This monthly plans post I've added an extra section to mention a more personal update that's gonna impact what's done in March.
E! Now here's the news-
Schedule News:
My schedule is going to be different in March because starting on the 23rd I'm going on a two-week trip. About one week of March and one week of April won't have any game development progress from me. I don't want to act like having breaks is a bad thing and needs excuses, but there are important personal reasons for why this is happening. So, I want to say I appreciate all the support for the games which allows me to take a time off like this in general. Thank you!
Monthly Content Plans:
It's gonna be really straightforward in March. One Moment will get drafted, one Moment will be scripted, at least half of a Moment will be programmed, and a beta build will be released to our testers.
I'll also prepare as many posts ahead of time as I can to go up while I'm away. The Patreon and our social media shouldn't be completely barren for two weeks.
And those are the main goals. We'll see if anything extra gets done, too.

That's the plan! I'll be around for most of the month and then back early in April. Besides that, the game will be coming along as usual.

Thank you again for wanting to follow our game's development

forvt

Aug 7, 2022

It probably will! I played a bi fem mc in our life BA and my MC and cove talked about it more than once. If you're female then cove is demi, but my friend played a male mc and Cove says that he's gay, so it's like the character will adapt their sexuality to the MC gender. If you're in a het relationship it will probably be less important but if you're in a same sex relationship it'll have an arc I think? if I'm not mistaken, Cove comes out to his had if your MC is male and you have feelings for each other.

ggezwux

Jul 30, 2021
It probably will! I played a bi fem mc in our life BA and my MC and cove talked about it more than once. If you're female then cove is demi, but my friend played a male mc and Cove says that he's gay, so it's like the character will adapt their sexuality to the MC gender. If you're in a het relationship it will probably be less important but if you're in a same sex relationship it'll have an arc I think? if I'm not mistaken, Cove comes out to his had if your MC is male and you have feelings for each other.
Cove is always Demisexual/Panromantic, that never changes! :] (All the guys in OL1 are panromantic, Derek and B-man also being pansexual bc Kab wanted an easy way at letting any type of MC romance em. OL2 will be different because she can expand more but the main LIs will still have a label that aligns with liking multiple genders - so there is a nice chance to get special dialogue depending on your identity. I'm sure if a nb/trans MC romanced Qiu there would be slight acknowledgement to it so I don't see why Tam and a fem MC couldn't be the same)

Last edited:

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
It really says something about the greatness of the writing when it was just so natural and in the flow of things that people can't recall many moments it was ever really 'a big deal' ™ . Besides Cove talking about his sexuality, but that was just a big deal to him and his character so it made sense.
Like the most blatant I can recall is the first patreon moment, and that was from my MC using male pronouns. Cove mentioned he was getting worked up and 'not thinking straight'. I had the option to make the joke and I would never miss that opportunity.

Jul 19, 2020
but if you're in a same sex relationship it'll have an arc I think? if I'm not mistaken, Cove comes out to his had if your MC is male and you have feelings for each other.
Things like that are kinda what Id hope for, it doesn't have to be hugely involved or anything but just a little more reaction from the world/other characters and such would go a long way.

Reactions: Miukinnie02
5.00 star(s) 10 Votes