3.30 star(s) 15 Votes
Nov 30, 2017
If you are looking to create an 'easy mode' the ones you would want to hit are:

player.communication
player.stamina
player.concentration

Set them to 100 and you should be able to fly through the content without having to visit the downtown locations other than to see Sarah at the gym. On the other hand not going downtown at all will mean you miss out on a LOT of the SMS content so you probably still want to do so.
Just wondering about this stuff since I save-scum a lot. Do you get the text messages when you've finished either of the available activities downtown? Do you get them just for going there? This might actually be the answer to my seeming lack of a lot of the text message images I could see in the folders but never got to see in the game.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Just wondering about this stuff since I save-scum a lot. Do you get the text messages when you've finished either of the available activities downtown? Do you get them just for going there? This might actually be the answer to my seeming lack of a lot of the text message images I could see in the folders but never got to see in the game.
Yes, you need to spend the evening downtown to get many of the random sms messages. Nothing story related just fun stuff. You can always do the short actions if you want to talk with the OG that evening.I guess if you always save scum for the best results you might stop going downtown after a while, but I built the system for a standard play-through of course ;)

Reactions: Anders Niet

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
got confirmation on the trip, but have 2 broken emails (open to blank screen)... are they just not coded yet, or should I re-download?
There seems to be some issue with old save files that make some phantom mails appear, not sure why but you are not missing anything, there are only two mails in the whole game right now.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
any ETA on next update?
I have a couple of problems right now.

1. The heatwave in Europe is making it pretty unbearable to be in my computer room right now. My brain requires super cooling to think right at my age and so i'm not able to really sit down for a good session and get through the next stage of the game.

2. No Man's Sky NEXT hit.. and damn that game was catnip to me before, now it's.. well.. out of this world.

So it's going to be at least another week before I get anything done really. Sorry for the slowdown, but closing out the story is probably going to be the toughest bit to work out as I want to pick up on some of the choices players have made in the game and have the ending use them in some way to slightly reflect the players play style. Maybe more difficult than I initially thought.

Anyway, I'll update here as soon as I have news of any progress :)

RB

Nov 30, 2017
I have a couple of problems right now.

1. The heatwave in Europe is making it pretty unbearable to be in my computer room right now. My brain requires super cooling to think right at my age and so i'm not able to really sit down for a good session and get through the next stage of the game.

2. No Man's Sky NEXT hit.. and damn that game was catnip to me before, now it's.. well.. out of this world.

So it's going to be at least another week before I get anything done really. Sorry for the slowdown, but closing out the story is probably going to be the toughest bit to work out as I want to pick up on some of the choices players have made in the game and have the ending use them in some way to slightly reflect the players play style. Maybe more difficult than I initially thought.

Anyway, I'll update here as soon as I have news of any progress :)

RB
Indeed it is hot as fuck here in Europe.

Reactions: RudeboyUK

CaenKuhr

May 20, 2018
So uh, first post here. It got colder and rainy here... Did you get back to work here? I'm looking forward to the next version a lot! One of my faves on here. Thanks!

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
So uh, first post here. It got colder and rainy here... Did you get back to work here? I'm looking forward to the next version a lot! One of my faves on here. Thanks!
Sadly not in my locale. Plus a few changes in scheduling means my windows for development time are pretty low right now. I know it sucks and I'm missing working on it myself. Hopefully will have something to show before the end of the month.

But thank you for your interest in the game. Feedback is what makes it all worth while :)

nickbo

Feb 16, 2018
Meh...not really my cup of tea. Internet Browser based show case of canned photos.

Biggest bummer for me, is that the save mechanism is wonky. After grinding away for an hour or so, my saves became lost. I know they're somewhere on my computer, just can't find them and neither can the program - couldn't figure out the path where they're being hidden, so I gave up. I just don't have it in me to start (the grind) over.

Pagdor

Sep 11, 2017
I was going to ask about an Update until I saw the posts from Tuesday. So instead I'll make this a friendly encouragement to Rudeboy that you have players waiting for your next update. In a looking forward to it kind of way, not a pestering where the heck is it way. :)

Pagdor

Sep 11, 2017
While we wait for the new update, maybe you could tell us which part of the story you are working on RudeboyUK.
Just to keep the thread active. :)

3.30 star(s) 15 Votes