• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.70 star(s) 27 Votes

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Up to the point where I played, there were issues surroundin Julie and her dormmate. That whole kiss, which I stopped and then there was some more stuff at the house we moved into. Mainly all centerin around their relationship. Which shouldn't have been one. I know you rewrote some of that kiss, but it still said that it happened, when it never did. Then it said about how Julie liked the kiss and I just ended up droppin the game. That's why I said what I did above:
Now I remember playing the game and I think I quit at about the same point. Childhood friend that didn't have a first kiss waiting her whole life for the elusive MC trope all wasted on a NPC taking advantage of her trauma. Why even bother on mentioning that to the player just to take it away from them, rub it in their faces? Like virgin characters are usually the least interesting routes for me, but if you take the effort to setup them as that, you can bet I expect the MC would be her first kiss/first time/love.

If you get to put me, a lesbian enjoyer, off with a scene you know something went awry with that whole predatory threesome/throuple setup, or whatever that was supposed to be. I also remember hating that you get to make choices for the childhood friend when its not tagged multiple protag. One of my major pet peeves ever since I started playing the genre, I want the author to decide how characters react and deal with the consequences of their writing decisions, rather than pussying out.

I just re dlded now, if I have time I'll check how many of the issues I had are still the same. :BootyTime:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Silence

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Now I remember playing the game and I think I quit at about the same point. Childhood friend that didn't have a first kiss waiting her whole life for the elusive MC trope all wasted on a NPC taking advantage of her trauma. Why even bother on mentioning that to the player just to take it away from them, rub it in their faces? Like virgin characters are usually the least interesting routes for me, but if you take the effort to setup them as that, you can bet I expect the MC would be her first kiss/first time/love.

If you get to put me, a lesbian enjoyer, off with a setup you know something went awry with that whole predatory threesome/throuple setup, or whatever that was supposed to be. I also remember hating that you get to make choices for the childhood friend when its not tagged multiple protag. One of my major pet peeves ever since I started playing the genre, I want the author to decide how characters react and deal with the consequences of their writing decisions, rather than pussying out.

I just re dlded now, if I have time I'll check how many of the issues I had are still the same. :BootyTime:
Honestly none of that bothered me what I had a issue with some of the early choices aren't obvious what path they are leading towards and I recall I somehow ended up on a harem path without wanting to. If I recall correctly I was being friend but nothing sexual towards Anh just to to get to know her as I had no idea on how long in the story it would take to forgive Julie and I ended up as a throuple then a harem all of a sudden.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Honestly none of that bothered me what I had a issue with some of the early choices aren't obvious what path they are leading towards and I recall I somehow ended up on a harem path without wanting to. If I recall correctly I was being friend but nothing sexual towards Anh just to to get to know her as I had no idea on how long in the story it would take to forgive Julie and I ended up as a throuple then a harem all of a sudden.
yes the early choices that lock you into the different paths are confusing, but there is a WT now. Even though it doesn't fix the issue, it at least helps to make the "correct" choices.

Reactions: Vollezar

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Yup. I fucked up at the beginning of the game. I intended for relationships to take time to develop. But I had to cut the story down to a much shorter one and I messed it all up. Originally MC was supposed to start "getting to know" Anh. if you were "nice" to her they would progress to sex fast but not be in an actual relationship. If you were more indifferent they would still become closer with a chance to start a relationship. After a time MC would slowly get over his anger for Julie and they would work on their relationship (whether you want to take it to romantic levels or remain friends would have been up to you, of course.) You would have started out with Anh (friendly or more romantic) because she seemed to be the only person who wasn't trying to push you into talking about your feelings. She just wanted to cheer you up (while falling for you).
Instead, I had to make things happen rather quickly and, through panicking and not knowing what the hell I was doing, I fucked it up.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
View attachment 3596945
What was the need to elaborate this in such detail Vollezar? Trying to project your cuck fantasies on your audience?
I felt this was important to the character backstory imo made me feel for them more. Especially cause it was a bit of a setup to one of the things that happen to the MC later. ( unless this happened after forget the order of events.)

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
I felt this was important to the character backstory imo made me feel for them more. Especially cause it was a bit of a setup to one of the things that happen to the MC later. ( unless this happened after forget the order of events.)
Why all those details were important?, I mean we get that they were abused and that should be enough for any sane person to have empathy for the victim and to be angered at the aggressor, these details weren't important unless Vollezar was trying to make a point, a point which is pointless to the story, it just shows that the dev is either into netorare/netorase or netori. Have you ever watched a movie where a victim or witness goes into such details unless someone is investigating them?

The lengths to which some Devs go to normalise this netorare/netori fantasies of theirs is unbelievable.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Why all those details were important?, I mean we get that they were abused and that should be enough for any sane person to have empathy for the victim and to be angered at the aggressor, these details weren't important unless Vollezar was trying to make a point, a point which is pointless to the story, it's just shows that the dev is either into netorare/netorase. Have you ever watched a movie where a victim or witness goes into such details unless someone is investigating them?
I can see maybe the last 3 sentence starting with " plus he wanted me ..... " being something that maybe wasn't needed if we are going to nitpick. Otherwise the context of the rest of it feels pretty important to me. I don't see how it shows the dev is into NTR tho when it's just a backstory that went into maybe a little to much detail. To me it sounds like you are just throwing the NTR word out there for no reason cause you dislike the dialogue , as nothing about that shows the dev likes or dislikes NTR especially cause it is used for storytelling purposes and not a kink / fetish.

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
I can see maybe the last 3 sentence starting with " plus he wanted me ..... " being something that maybe wasn't needed if we are going to nitpick. Otherwise the context of the rest of it feels pretty important to me. I don't see how it shows the dev is into NTR tho when it's just a backstory that went into maybe a little to much detail. To me it sounds like you are just throwing the NTR word out there for no reason cause you dislike the dialogue , as nothing about that shows the dev likes or dislikes NTR especially cause it is used for storytelling purposes and not a kink / fetish.
I maybe wrong about Dev trying to impose his fantasies on us but I am not wrong about it being tmi, something the Dev has to look into in future.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I maybe wrong about Dev trying to impose his fantasies on us but I am not wrong about it being tmi, something the Dev has to look into in future.
Fair enough to me it's only maybe tmi on the last 3 or so sentences for me anything beyond that gonna have to agree to disagree cause I do think the majority of it was vague enough that made it important for the context

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
Fair enough to me it's only maybe tmi on the last 3 or so sentences for me anything beyond that gonna have to agree to disagree cause I do think the majority of it was vague enough that made it important for the context
I am talking about the last three lines too and actually those aren't last lines, I mean there's more elaboration that this screen shot isn't showing, it's a complete visual picture of the situation she was in.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I am talking about the last three lines too and actually those aren't last lines, I mean there's more elaboration that this screen shot isn't showing, it's a complete visual picture of the situation she was in.
ah I thought you were talking about the entire set of dialogue my bad then. Not just that part of it. but yeah I can see your pov then from that point onward then especially if it goes into more detail afterwards. Not a big deal to me but I can understand it now, sorry about my miss understanding then.

Reactions: Mr. Chatty

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
Seems the detailed visual picture was the point.

I can get the point across by saying:
1) The water is dark blue.
- or -
2) A serene deep cobalt lake, the color water only takes on at twilight. With a calm semi-reflective surface hiding the unnerving void below.

While the first briefer description does indeed get to the point and tell you enough that you know the bare minimum, the second paints a picture and gives you more detail. I could go even further and tell you what I hear, smell, or even feel in every aspect; or again give bare specifics. Being more descriptive makes something visceral, it evokes a feeling rather than just giving a picture or a basic explanation.

It's the difference between feeling bad for someone because you pity them for what they went through, and having a sense of empathy or sympathy for them because you can more accurately imagine what they experienced.

Mr. Chatty

Jul 19, 2023
Seems the detailed visual picture was the point.

I can get the point across by saying:
1) The water is dark blue.
- or -
2) A serene deep cobalt lake, the color water only takes on at twilight. With a calm semi-reflective surface hiding the unnerving void below.

While the first briefer description does indeed get to the point and tell you enough that you know the bare minimum, the second paints a picture and gives you more detail. I could go even further and tell you what I hear, smell, or even feel in every aspect; or again give bare specifics. Being more descriptive makes something visceral, it evokes a feeling rather than just giving a picture or a basic explanation.

It's the difference between feeling bad for someone because you pity them for what they went through, and having a sense of empathy or sympathy for them because you can more accurately imagine what they experienced.
This I have already clarified, empathy doesn't need details, no sane person wants to repeat what they have through to expect someone's empathy.

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
This I have already clarified, empathy doesn't need details, no sane person wants to repeat what they have through to expect someone's empathy.
Interesting.
So, wanting to paint an accurate picture of a trauma that I've been through, rather than leaving it up to the listener to make potentially inaccurate assumptions, is an exercise in insanity? How strange.

Perhaps empathy doesn't need all the details, however context and details can certainly matter. Also, you don't have to expect someone's empathy to hope for understanding. Something that comes more readily when you have a clearer picture of what went on.

Additionally, I would hope anyone I felt comfortable enough with to share such details would know they could surely speak up and tell me they had heard enough. If I were close enough to someone to share, then surely they would know that I was telling them about every aspect of what I went through to make sure they understood, rather than to make them uncomfortable. That if my doing so caused them discomfort they could always simply ask me to stop, or tell me that was enough. Otherwise why would I have shared such a personal and private aspect of my experience.

3.70 star(s) 27 Votes