Ren'Py Abandoned On My Own [v0.0.6] [Slonique]

2.40 star(s) 5 Votes

geriatre

Aug 22, 2016
(I actually got a lot of heat on here over this) but imagine in real life if you spent all your time and energy trying to see a woman (who by the way is already slutty or even already in a relationship with you) just to show some interest in you and then she cucks you... happens waaaaaay too much in these games. Not any one in particular, but just across the board..
We're talking about grinding, not NTR.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I am confused ... whats the difference between OML and OMO? At start they look the same ... no context or story.
OMO deals with an abusive jerk type of mc who never see and the grind leads to sex with mom who the mc dominates, plus a little extra with a classmate girl. So it has a much longer grind part (not really that long, it easy to make up those numbers, 290 points required to see everything).

OML uses the exact same background (literally), just instead of domination, MC is a good guy and "charms" the mom and it is much much shorter with no sex yet. At 50 points mc takes her out for a date, where mc is revealed and a kinetic novel scene triggers that includes more line than what OMO has altogether pretty much. Mom and Son chitchats before they go home, a little non-sexual flashing occurs at the car and thats the end of content.

CaptMorgan76

May 10, 2018
OMO deals with an abusive jerk type of mc who never see and the grind leads to sex with mom who the mc dominates, plus a little extra with a classmate girl. So it has a much longer grind part (not really that long, it easy to make up those numbers, 290 points required to see everything).

OML uses the exact same background (literally), just instead of domination, MC is a good guy and "charms" the mom and it is much much shorter with no sex yet. At 50 points mc takes her out for a date, where mc is revealed and a kinetic novel scene triggers that includes more line than what OMO has altogether pretty much. Mom and Son chitchats before they go home, a little non-sexual flashing occurs at the car and thats the end of content.
Hmm, you may have actually perked my interest a bit by the kinetic novel and chat part, because as much "fun" as the action in OMO has been, it seems to go nowhere..

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Hmm, you may have actually perked my interest a bit by the kinetic novel and chat part, because as much "fun" as the action in OMO has been, it seems to go nowhere..
You are very generous, calling it fun, even with quotiation marks. I always found the mom model absolutely smoking hot for my taste and i'm into male domination. This was enough to make me want to play it but i'm sure i won't do it again. Its a one-time-only disposable little trash of a game with a sex scene that is broken down into segments by the domination score.
OMO has that kinetic novel part and i feel it has more potential due to this to be fair, at least if it gets continued but frankly.. if i'd be a patron i'd still feel insulted by such products. Its a quick game, try it and see it yourself but trust me, that dinner scene is entirelly similar to any filler scene in any other genuine VN you get around here. But is main event in OMO.

Tickle

Dec 31, 2017
So i will just assume that the classmate appearing naked everywhere wasn't part of the plan ... :D

Reactions: ontach

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018

So you think it's like most other games, just that it's just divided into 2 games? If it was all in the same game and depended on the decisions of the players, it could have been a decent game.

I think the Dev has absolutely no idea what he actually wants or how he can achieve it meaningfully. Too bad, especially as he showed with LTN that he can do it better.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
So you think it's like most other games, just that it's just divided into 2 games?
No, unfortunately. It feels more like this suppose to be one of his short comics that he made into a simplistic game for the price of gutting the characters, making them dummies with repetitive one-liners. If this is a 12 page long short comic, i'd say its a decent one. Bus as a game... erotic solitaire? Strip poker? Same level.
I think the Dev has absolutely no idea what he actually wants or how he can achieve it meaningfully. Too bad, especially as he showed with LTN that he can do it better.
Initially he was making comics. He couldn't make the jump to games the way i see it. Should have stick with visual novels and even in that he isn't particularly talented, lot to learn still. The issue is that he seem to be a ..mmmmh.. slow learner. He tries to do the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

His best idea thus far that he hired the new writer who is behind the kinetic part of OML. He really should stick with her because that part was fine actually.

geriatre

Aug 22, 2016
That was simply meant as an example of the frustration one would feel in real life if you forced to grind and grind only to not receive the result you were grinding for in the 1st place..
What's the point of that example in response to my post about mods to avoid the grind?

R

RWaites

OMO 0.0.6 naked Jessie bug
Patrons only
Oct 13 at 10:45am
If Jessie appears naked everywhere, just start a new game (do not load an old save). Renpy has extremely weird save system.

CaptMorgan76

May 10, 2018
What's the point of that example in response to my post about mods to avoid the grind?
To agree that people hate grind. To be honest, I don’t 100% remember the original post, but at the time it seemed that someone was arguing in favor of grinding.? Senjey I believe

2.40 star(s) 5 Votes