Omen

Sedra

Aug 7, 2016
hi

anyone around here has Omen from HP? could you guys look over the specifications and tell me what you think of it?

here are the specifications:
Processor Description
Processor Family 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ
Processor Speed 2.60GHz up to 3.50GHz
Processor Cache 6M
Operating System
OS Windows 10
Memory
RAM Size 16 GB
Memory Type DDR4 2133MHz
Storage
Capacity 128GB SSD + 2TB HDD
Storage Technology SSD + HDD SATA
Audio
Speakers Bang & Olufsen; HP Audio Boost; Quad speakers
Display & Graphic Controller
Screen Size 17.3"
Panel Type ULTRA HD IPS 4K (3840 x 2160) Anti-glare LED-Backlit Display
Video NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
Input & Connectivity
Keyboard backlit keyboard
Optical Drive DVD Super Multi Drive
Built-in Camera HP Wide Vision HD Camera with dual array digital microphone
Networking
Wireless Network Intel® 802.11ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo (Miracast compatible)
General Features
Color Black
Weight 3.35 kg
After Sales Service
Warranty 1 year international warranty

will it serve me for the next 3 years at least or could i get something better for the same price (not a desktop, and it costs around 2500$)
i play all kind of games (the witcher, battlefield, far cry, fallout....)

p.s: i'm fully aware that i can get a much better desktop for the same price but i prefer laptops (more private ;)

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I have owned 3 HP laptops and got one last year for my gf. They have never ever had any issues. So I do trust HP laptops. And I have heard bang and olufsen. It's good audio. It'll last you a long time and I only have one piece of advice. But you probably already know this. Heat is the enemy of laptops so having a laptop cooler with fans would be a good idea. And I recommend that since it usually helps to keep food and drinks away from it.
PS - that's a kickass lappy. I'd love one for myself, too.

Reactions: Sedra

Sedra

Aug 7, 2016
I have owned 3 HP laptops and got one last year for my gf. They have never ever had any issues. So I do trust HP laptops. And I have heard bang and olufsen. It's good audio. It'll last you a long time and I only have one piece of advice. But you probably already know this. Heat is the enemy of laptops so having a laptop cooler with fans would be a good idea. And I recommend that since it usually helps to keep food and drinks away from it.
PS - that's a kickass lappy. I'd love one for myself, too.
WOW, that's great, thank you very much :kissingheart::kissingheart: