VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
What i find funny is that the cg's of Nina are called Sis in the gamefolder, while ingame she isn't. So uncenor patch?
Really? I thought she was some kind of sister all the way. I don't remember if it was written or not, but implications were very clear. Either way, this is not my thing, so I am actually more at ease if it's not specified haha.

Mar 1, 2018
Man, like people before me said this has to be one of the best.... No screw that, THE best 0.1 version here. There is so much content here and I really liked the story. It had everything: humor, nice characters, story that kept me wanting to know more, likeable MC, mah bro James, and of course bunch of pretty looking girls with well thought personalities that fits in this great story. Did I say that story is good? ;) Also art was pretty refreshing to see, which gave this game pretty unique vibe.
All in all, keep up the good work, I'm really looking forward to see what will happen next (I have no doubts that only greatness awaits). :FeelsGoodMan:
P.S. We need a signature for this game ASAP.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
While it looks as if the code was started as an incest game, it looks as if the entire intro had been rewritten to avoid it. Too much of the script would have to be modified to make it an incest game and, frankly, I think NOT being incest is part of what is making this one so popular at the moment. With so few games here that aren't incest, you can't find another?
Couldn't agree more.

Reactions: joecoe

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
No character design It's Daz Studio with someone using the Toon Shaders to recolor the assasts

Tracestar

Jul 19, 2017
This game is the first one where I actually read; most the time I just skip to the fugging parts. But damn. Well written, and PLENTY of content for a first release. What made it better, is that there were no demos, no spoilers, no constant pictures. I would be more than happy to wait months and not see anything until the next release. Here's hoping you keep going dev! Oh, and those hscenes would be wonderful with animation, the art defiantly seems it can be animated (;

akhemo

Nov 13, 2017
The Art work Looks Really good but what make this game so good is the the way its written I had So much fun reading and playing it every thing in this game is well thought The MC James and the others made the game really enjoyable. 100% I will be one of his/her Patreon And Thank you for the good work

Reactions: Namco15
Nov 25, 2017
@stencilbits , here is some feedback:

that was a lot content for a demo. cheers!
whenever James was in the picture, I always read his dialogue with Nathan Fillion's voice
the lewd scenes needed more renders to match the exposition you were going for.
that's it. hope to see your next release.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
"Tsundere (ツンデレ, pronounced [tsɯndeɾe]) is a Japanese term for a character development process that describes a person who is initially cold (and sometimes even hostile) before gradually showing a warmer, friendlier side over time."

Nina is Tsundere... an act and all, but her attitude is tsundere.
she wasn't cold though... she pretended to be, she was always warm to the mc but didn't want to show it because she was fearful of what might happen. hence she is not a tsundere. however i would accept calling her a fraud or fake tsundere. cause i am pretty sure a tsundere doesn't fake feelings. like melissa for example she is proper tsundere.

Reactions: tizz and muttdoggy

Bellyk Franck

May 28, 2017
View attachment 101247
Overview:
Offcuts is an adult visual novel about a young man returning to his home town after living elsewhere for a few years. While adapting to his new life he encounters both new people and old acquaintances he previously had to leave behind. And well… Some people you just can’t get rid off no matter what happens - you can only hope that they follow you out of affection and not because they want to break your legs. How the story progresses and ends will be up to you, the player.
Updated: 20 May 2018
Developer website: - -
Censorship: None
Version: 0.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Downloads:
WIN: - - -
MAC: - - -

For a first release, what a RELEASE !!! Love it! Congratulations and keep going on (for our good sake! lol) ;)

mario1994

Nov 3, 2017
First impression was.. WTF? The story is jumping from one point to another with nothing between them. Lets take Alice for example, Vice- President orders Us to look up what is going on with shy girl, Alice.. yet it jumps right at that moment to some other event.

This is one thing which bugs me in this game. There is no clear action and reaction, becouse it jumps between events which might not even be one after another. This Alice bit when we see her bullied is far away into the story.. when I even forgot that Melissa wanted Us to investigate what is going on with her. Similar things happen through out the story.

Understandable if you look at size of the story and how many lines did dev add into it..

Next thing which I personally do not like in it is lack of meaningful choices. Like Kate offers to do noughty things with Us yet our Mc declines her offer.. it seems not likely. Tomorrow might be too soon, but I would say at another time or something like that and add a joke like she would suck the life out of me if we did it tomorrow.. etc.

The same with Nina.. I mean, she is offering to do something pleasant to Mc.. yet he declines her offer..... seems unlikely, at least for me.

It stinks of animeish plot, dense MC like a brick to girls affection. Which is why he can be so open with them and get to know them better. This dense thingy helps him to be confident with girls. If a normal guy seen a girl he likes be interested in him.. he would either freeze, back away, weird out or get on offensive to get her heart. Which would shatter her illusion of him.

Erotic scenes were damn erotic, shame becouse there was potential for at least 4 -6 more in this intro. With Kate and Nina with Jane as well.. our "Older Sister".

Hm.. it ripped off best parts of anime harem stories but added noughty bits yet not in hentai style which would make plot packed with sex and debuchery.

Soo its a damn good combination of best parts possible.

Add to it original graphic, which at first is damn weird to look at but with time player get used to it
Plot.. damn good and with humour which actually makes me lough out loud and not just smirk
Eroticism.. hm.. 9/10 for this couse some anatomy parts are.. weird, but mostly sexy and cute.
Sexy scenes... 8/10 couse some potential scenes were not added or omitted becouse Mc wimped out of them

Generally it is damn great game.. hope for more freedom in future releases, but keep harem route as a main one. That way we will taste all girls and get to choose later..
I personally want to taste Aunt of Alice.. seems sexy in mature way. Alice is the opposite, looks like the most petite character. Nina, looks like a girl with Middle height yet she is portrayed in plot as a shorty.

9/10 for this as package.. and 3 hours of great story
I should be in a collage but I played it to 3 am.. it tells you how much I liked it

mario1994

Nov 3, 2017
Now a question to Dev.. how did you came up with this plot? Did you work as a game dev before? How much time did it take you to write that story? How much time did you need to get used to Daz3D? How old are you? I can see mature wisdom in your story.. so a kid after 20 you are not.. at least not likely. In collage? Not so likely too.. after 30-ty?

Seraphiel

Dec 8, 2017
Downloading and testing this later today!

First glance: the art looks EXCELLENT. I've wanted to see this style for a long, long time (hello, Borderlands) and it's got me pumped.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Welp, I downloaded this as a lark, 'cause I'm already behind on other games I'm invested in, but I gave it a little go last night.

Heh. Little go. You are such a doofus, stencil. You do realize the "novel" in VN is only to classify it as something other than RPG? You didn't actually have to write a novel!

Imagine. A game that is all about reading. "Novel" indeed.

So, I'll burden people no longer and will hide my thoughts inside a spoiler bubble:

Okay, that's enough. I don't want to challenge you for word count. Bottom line for those who don't want to suffer the spoiler blather: this is a fun game, worth playing, but be advised it will require you to read. Don't waste all our time on this thread complaining that there are too many words. You have been pre-warned!

Reactions: I_Love_Latex

stencilbits

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
Thanks to everyone for feedback! I'm really surprised how well people reacted to this release. Some people had better eyes than me and already spotted some typos and other errors, I'll fix those. The game is still 0.1 with only one route so choices don't matter that much yet, but they do adjust hidden "like"-points that will eventually determine which girl you'll end up with after the common part of the story ends. Maybe I could have added a bad ending if you are jerk to everyone where you'll end up working with James in some hellish third-world prison coal mine or something... Some choices do skip scenes, for example banging Kate is completely optional (although I might have made the choices a bit more obvious). I'm open to adding more choices that matter but I originally planned each route to be relatively linear (with a few different endings for each). I didn't want to be too ambitious with the first release. Many things are still in the air plotwise, so who knows what can happen. A few editing passes and some other tweaking might also make the story flow a bit better and remove some inconsistencies, but I'll try to finish Nina's route first so that at least one route is complete.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Loved the game and the graphics.

It does seem a bit emtpy at some points, you might want to insert some generic people in some shots (like the school and city) to "break" the "nothing going on, just read" points. I know, it doesn't add anything, but it does populate the world a bit.

Also, after the choice involving Melissa, it implies she called James another name, but the choice involving helping her doesn't mention that (to be fair, I didn't take the other option, just because, well, I'm a nice guy :p).

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes