VN Unity Completed NTR Origins: Noe Way Out [v1.1] [beWilder]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
Hey guys; Unshi here, artist for NTR ("Noe way out" for now) and AoH.

Wanna give a few thoughts from my own personal perspective outside the official beWilder responses ;)

First of all I must say in the most polite way that you guys are merciless! As much as I appreciate the feedback (and I do) I think some of the things you so actively criticize have an ovbious answer in the title itself (Origin Story 1). The fact that has no choices, the rollercoaster of emotions, the lack of NTR for now, the engine bugs etc...
This is merely an Origin Story, a setup for the Universe you'll be playing in and a way to introduce the main characters without having an overextended prologue inside the main game.

About NTR and corruption thats a concer better adressed by spook probably so ill leave it hanging. Ill just say that we are building something; something with an active gameplay that affects VN, something with choices, something with NTR and something with a more standard corruption path for non NTR fans.

All art is indeed unique. We sit our asses down the chair for hours until we come up with the perfect something for what we want and if it is subjectible of being used on other games we discard it and start over; not even kidding. The environtments are a mix of reworked environtments; props from different places, 3D modifications, reshading and even some are created myself where needed.

The story is a work of months. Spook already has a wiki on all the characters. Knows where they all studied and why. Knows what they eat when they are depressed and what football teams they cheer for. So; even tho this comes from his partner, I can only say give this guy a chance as I did and I can assure you the story he'll pull off will have nothing to do with the other games you may be thinking of.

As conclusion, you guys know me. You know I keep coming here and using your feedback in my game (AoH). If you think AoH has improved during all this time and you like the direction it is taking... I can only say that you'll probably enjoy this one. I know I do.

Thanks for the feedback; for real ;)
aye. merciless pirates we are. XD maybe trolling, maybe helping. you decide.

zippity's post got my attention tho. i like dark and rollercoaster of emotions inplies that you've made a character people might even get attached to. downloading now

"...the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Miss Turner."

HenrikIbsen

Aug 24, 2017
So I'll briefly list the good, and the bad bits
Good CGs, Nice build up plot, nice waitress scene. You could add the Corruption tag for genre, since the waitresses get corrupted, and that's clearly the buildup. The writing is pretty good.
Bad text speed, no options for text speed, and it would be nice to have a skip function tied to CTRL, like in Renpy games. Also, an autosave function would be helpful, especially in a longer game. It's a shame we couldn't have seen the Lust/Corruption mechanics on display. My advice on that will be to make sure that the various options/affected variables are clear. The amount of exposition between sex scenes is a bit high. That should go down as we get more into the corruption, NTR, and further depravity, but it's something to be aware of. The first sex scene didn't show any female nudity, which might leave a flawed first impression on a player.
I'm actually looking forward to the main game, in whatever form it will take. Having said that, you're better off waiting for a public release until you have a nice chunk of content. If you're making good content, no amount will ever be enough though. Good luck, nice game, looking forward to a build with slutty choices.

AgentsOfHeels

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
aye. merciless pirates we are. XD maybe trolling, maybe helping. you decide.

zippity's post got my attention tho. i like dark and rollercoaster of emotions inplies that you've made a character people might even get attached to. downloading now

"...the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Miss Turner."
Parley !

"If an adversary demands parley, you can do them no harm until the parley is complete" ;)

3Bliksems

Sep 20, 2016
2) "been there, done that"... how so? Do tell, if I can do better it always helps to be told in what area.
The whole premise of "Female player character is happy, shit happens, now she owes money and has no way to repay it, cue douchey male protagonists that exploits the female character because of this" is what I'm referring to. Off the top of my head there's Katie's Corruption and Anna Exciting Affection which uses pretty much the same trope. Sure different settings, but the approach is very similar.

So while the quality of the writing itself is pretty good overall, it's just sad to see the same old setup used to sell why the player character will end up doing what she inevitably will end up doing in a NTR type game.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Good CGs, Nice build up plot, nice waitress scene. You could add the Corruption tag for genre, since the waitresses get corrupted, and that's clearly the buildup. The writing is pretty good.
Bad text speed, no options for text speed, and it would be nice to have a skip function tied to CTRL, like in Renpy games. Also, an autosave function would be helpful, especially in a longer game. It's a shame we couldn't have seen the Lust/Corruption mechanics on display. My advice on that will be to make sure that the various options/affected variables are clear. The amount of exposition between sex scenes is a bit high. That should go down as we get more into the corruption, NTR, and further depravity, but it's something to be aware of. The first sex scene didn't show any female nudity, which might leave a flawed first impression on a player.
I'm actually looking forward to the main game, in whatever form it will take. Having said that, you're better off waiting for a public release until you have a nice chunk of content. If you're making good content, no amount will ever be enough though. Good luck, nice game, looking forward to a build with slutty choices.
I so agree that the visuals of most characters are done well, and the backdrops are done well also... The text speed wasn't much of an issue since you can click and make it all appear all at once, which was not much of a hassle... I'm usually all for a balance between story and erotic scenes/events, and even more story as long as it flows well...

What swayed my review mostly revolved around the up and down feeling of the story, which took what I thought the story was going to really be about and turned it on it's head, and not slowly, but very rapidly... And not just for the protagonist, but also for the two girls... I mean here we go from closest friends one minute (even though they are employees) to backstabbers the next, then to a mix of corrupt and scared the next minute... I mean they don't even give her a warning they plan to quit and go work for the competition, but instead opt to quit 20 minutes before going to their new job? What friend does that? And there was no build up for their sexual corruption, or even real explanation of why or how it came to be that way so quickly in the first place... The story just moves very rapidly from one extreme to another and bad becomes worse in a very short period of time... And I do fully understand that in essence, this is a introductory story for a bigger universe of other stories... It was just the culmination of many factors along with the idea that this story is an introduction into NTR themed stories... Setting up the eventuality of NTR as a driving force for future stories... All the various things compiled together ruined the experience for me, hence the review...

And as I said in my review, I'm sure there will be folks who love the whole NTR thing and will have no qualms with how this story is setting that up... But that still makes it a niche VN/Game, because it caters more to a small section of readers/players rather than to the larger whole... And that doesn't necessarily make it wrong, but just be ready for some feedback that may not always be what you want to hear... Gotta take the bad with the good, and keep on trucking along...

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
The whole premise of "Female player character is happy, shit happens, now she owes money and has no way to repay it, cue douchey male protagonists that exploits the female character because of this" is what I'm referring to. Off the top of my head there's Katie's Corruption and Anna Exciting Affection which uses pretty much the same trope. Sure different settings, but the approach is very similar.

So while the quality of the writing itself is pretty good overall, it's just sad to see the same old setup used to sell why the player character will end up doing what she inevitably will end up doing in a NTR type game.
I see, so it's more big picture than specific incident then. Fair enough. There is certainly some similarity in the set up genre, I can admit that, but overall I'd like to think the main game will not be so cut and dry as the examples you give.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Noe is also able to repay the debt, she has a business after all, she just has to rebuild. She's not helpless and not one to be pushed around like that. She's also the protagonist, not Sal, but I think that's not the main issue here. In fact, Sal is meant to be so detestable that you fight him tooth and nail to not give him the satisfaction of winning. The change or corruption (we actually spin in a more positive light: Nerve... but I admit its the same basic thing, just the other side of the coin) comes from with her, not from Sal. How much of herself is she willing to change to put an end to him and his grip on her neighbourhood? That's at the heart of the concept. But hey, for now these are all just words. Let us prove it in our work, all we need is time.

Thanks for the feedback though, we both truly mean it. If you think the game is worth a second look when we get to the point we have some content built up then by all means play again and let us know if we're living up to our aim of being different but if it's not your thing that all good too. We'll be here either way.

What swayed my review mostly revolved around the up and down feeling of the story, which took what I thought the story was going to really be about and turned it on it's head, and not slowly, but very rapidly... And not just for the protagonist, but also for the two girls... I mean here we go from closest friends one minute (even though they are employees) to backstabbers the next, then to a mix of corrupt and scared the next minute... I mean they don't even give her a warning they plan to quit and go work for the competition, but instead opt to quit 20 minutes before going to their new job? What friend does that? And there was no build up for their sexual corruption, or even real explanation of why or how it came to be that way so quickly in the first place... The story just moves very rapidly from one extreme to another and bad becomes worse in a very short period of time... And I do fully understand that in essence, this is a introductory story for a bigger universe of other stories... It was just the culmination of many factors along with the idea that this story is an introduction into NTR themed stories... Setting up the eventuality of NTR as a driving force for future stories... All the various things compiled together ruined the experience for me, hence the review...
It's cool my friend, I've no hard feelings. In fact had a notion you personality wouldn't like the game overall since having read a lot of your reviews I know you're not an ntr fetish fan, nor a fan of darker themes. That's why I actually especially appreciate you giving the game a shot. But I can't and won't go making a game based on what I think one person would like. Still, thanks for the effort on your part. I'm sure I can't convince you to give the main game a play some time by telling you there is a fully fleshed out "True Love" path with the fiance, but I think it's worth mentioning for those who are still on the fence.

As for the other girls, Alice and Beth... what is going on there? That is a large part of the main plot, figuring out the pull Sal has and how to avoid it. I can see why it may seemed rushed (the games does play out over many months between scenes but maybe that's not overly clear) so it seem natural (as these things can be) when writing. These two girls are relegated to minor characters after this story anyway, that's no excuse for not treating them right (I wouldn't say the theme of the game is abusing women either, in fact a lot of it is about punishing the people who do that) from a writing point of view, but all will be explained in good time.

Cheers guys, I'm sure I'll be seeing you both around the forums. Keep at things on your end and I'll be here keeping on on mine!

Reactions: n0b0dy and UncleVT

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I see, so it's more big picture than specific incident then. Fair enough. There is certainly some similarity in the set up genre, I can admit that, but overall I'd like to think the main game will not be so cut and dry as the examples you give.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Noe is also able to repay the debt, she has a business after all, she just has to rebuild. She's not helpless and not one to be pushed around like that. She's also the protagonist, not Sal, but I think that's not the main issue here. In fact, Sal is meant to be so detestable that you fight him tooth and nail to not give him the satisfaction of winning. The change or corruption (we actually spin in a more positive light: Nerve... but I admit its the same basic thing, just the other side of the coin) comes from with her, not from Sal. How much of herself is she willing to change to put an end to him and his grip on her neighbourhood? That's at the heart of the concept. But hey, for now these are all just words. Let us prove it in our work, all we need is time.

Thanks for the feedback though, we both truly mean it. If you think the game is worth a second look when we get to the point we have some content built up then by all means play again and let us know if we're living up to our aim of being different but if it's not your thing that all good too. We'll be here either way.

It's cool my friend, I've no hard feelings. In fact had a notion you personality wouldn't like the game overall since having read a lot of your reviews I know you're not an ntr fetish fan, nor a fan of darker themes. That's why I actually especially appreciate you giving the game a shot. But I can't and won't go making a game based on what I think one person would like. Still, thanks for the effort on your part. I'm sure I can't convince you to give the main game a play some time by telling you there is a fully fleshed out "True Love" path with the fiance, but I think it's worth mentioning for those who are still on the fence.

As for the other girls, Alice and Beth... what is going on there? That is a large part of the main plot, figuring out the pull Sal has and how to avoid it. I can see why it may seemed rushed (the games does play out over many months between scenes but maybe that's not overly clear) so it seem natural (as these things can be) when writing. These two girls are relegated to minor characters after this story anyway, that's no excuse for not treating them right (I wouldn't say the theme of the game is abusing women either, in fact a lot of it is about punishing the people who do that) from a writing point of view, but all will be explained in good time.

Cheers guys, I'm sure I'll be seeing you both around the forums. Keep at things on your end and I'll be here keeping on on mine!
Best of luck on the endeavor... I know these things take a lot of time and effort to put together... I'm sure there are some fans eagerly awaiting the follow up stories...

As to dark themes, I don't mind certain forms of dark theme, but there are various degrees of dark, some of which I find distasteful, some I don't mind, and some I can just deal with... It all depends...

Also, I would never expect you to cater your game based on one persons experience... My reviews are meant more as one persons perspective... And it's up to the readers/players to decide what they take away from it...

Reactions: BeWilder

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Please forgive the multi-posting, I just thought the previous reply was getting to long to do more replies and the one before was an important link fix. Last one in a row, promise!

A good start and two naughty scenes... nothing NTR or cuckold for the moment, but this is only an intro!
I think that the future 3 waitresses will be very naughty and carry the MC (Noe) in a spiral of perversion... :)
Thank you good sir. They will indeed, Noe has a lot to learn from those 3, and they from her too. She can learn to be tough (Kriem), that there is life after failure (Frankie) and there is more to life than work, there is also fun (Kelsey). Stick around, I think you might just like'm.

Cheers buddy. All good to hear, especially where we can improve. Unshi works damn hard on those renders and I'm happy to see they are liked. We will have an autosave implemented for a big project like the main game, but that's for flagging it so we make sure to keep an eye on it.

The lust/corruption system, which we call 'Nerve' will get a viewing in the v0.1 and be built upon as we go. Now Noe has a driving force behind her after seeing Sal as he is, it'll be front and centre as a key part of the game.

Seems you can always scroll up to skip through text, not sure why save isnt working for me
That you can. You can also skip with the S key too. The save should be working, that was the big part of the patch to v1.1, but if its not then reach out to us in private and I'll see if I cna't fix that issue. Sound good?

Reactions: n0b0dy

Silver1

Feb 7, 2017
Short game, but promising introduction story, that was the purpose after all, still, should really try to make the next game faster, and add things like options for faster/instant text on screen, and allow the player to move messages with keyboard instead of mouse only. Aside from that, interesting story.

Reactions: n0b0dy and BeWilder

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Best of luck on the endeavor... I know these things take a lot of time and effort to put together... I'm sure there are some fans eagerly awaiting the follow up stories...

As to dark themes, I don't mind certain forms of dark theme, but there are various degrees of dark, some of which I find distasteful, some I don't mind, and some I can just deal with... It all depends...

Also, I would never expect you to cater your game based on one persons experience... My reviews are meant more as one persons perspective... And it's up to the readers/players to decide what they take away from it...
We each have our own tastes to be sure. We're not so different you and I...

And best of luck to your own endeavors as well, good sir.

Short game, but promising introduction story, that was the purpose after all, still, should really try to make the next game faster, and add things like options for faster/instant text on screen, and allow the player to move messages with keyboard instead of mouse only. Aside from that, interesting story.
Danke! In that last link I put up to replace the broken mega link, you can actually toggle the Typewriter effect on or off with 'T'. Still, we'll have more UI work to do and do it we shall

Reactions: Zippity

Kibad

May 12, 2017
I liked it, as an intro, looking forward for the other game.
Does "noemi toscana rebirth" have something out already or still in early development?

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
I liked it, as an intro, looking forward for the other game.
Does "noemi toscana rebirth" have something out already or still in early development?
This is the first outing of this IP/Series and the early engine test. v0.1 is still in development, expecting a release of about the same size as this (plus more game elements) in a few weeks. We do have another game set in the same universe, though dealing with completely different topics (but the same visual quality and detailed storytelling) in the Agents of Heels series if you just can't wait. That's up to v0.6 already.

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Yup, I clicked through for a while but found the whole process annoying af and bounced. imho its best to just put the text up there all at once and get it done.
When did you download the version you played? We increased the speed x2 in the updated link posted here today as well as added the ability to toggle the typewriter effect. I'm interested in finding out if the text is still too slow after the update?

Reactions: Reese286

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
When did you download the version you played? We increased the speed x2 in the updated link posted here today as well as added the ability to toggle the typewriter effect. I'm interested in finding out if the text is still too slow after the update?
I appreciate the update, Thanks for the heads up ;) ... I downloaded it yesterday just after it was posted, within the first hour I think so I have the old version. > downloading now.

Kibad

May 12, 2017
This is the first outing of this IP/Series and the early engine test. v0.1 is still in development, expecting a release of about the same size as this (plus more game elements) in a few weeks. We do have another game set in the same universe, though dealing with completely different topics in the Agents of Heels series if you just can't wait. That's up to v0.6 already.
Thanks BeWIlder, i was going to check it out, i asked cause i'm a big fan of NTR.

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes