• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py not able to play renpy games

Mamilo

Sep 28, 2018
Got to love how "improvements" break everything.

I'm pretty sure I'm just screwed. I have an old netbook with with an intel express chipset on it cause my old computer is down. Recently upgraded to Windows 7, and DirectX 11, but I think the graphics driver is so old and outdated, I won't be able to play any of the new Renpy updates. At best, I can unren the files and view the new images

'renpy.uguu.gl.find_gl_command' ignored shows up in my logs

Same message show in my as well

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I've been having this problem with one Renpy game, specifically Love and Second Base.

Normally, when a new version comes out, I can play that first time I open the game. But after that, I can't.

The first time it happened, the game started working again around the 1(f) update. But with each new version, the problem reappears

I start the program, it loads for a few seconds and disappears (I've checked this in the task manager).

I've updated drivers, I've allowed the app through Windows Defender and my firewall. I've tried the solutions in this thread and nothing works.

Every other Renpy game I have on my laptop, there isn't a problem. I can even get the game to work on my desktop, but that's not a solution in the long run.

So, any help?

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Try searching for the %appdata% folder on your computer. Delete the relevant folders of the games you've been having trouble with. Fair warning though, doing so will delete any saves you might have so keep that in mind.