• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Nostalgia Horizon development thread (Public demo open)

izumirecord

May 9, 2018
Hi im Izumi from Northern Horizon and today I bring this game, Nostalgia Horizon one classic JRPG whit jobs system.

-All enemies jobs can be used for the player.
-Job sytem is implemented only for a previewat the start.
-All systems on this demo can or will be change in future builds.
-Demo can complete in 2 hours.
-Actor Face is not used because the main character can be it can be male or female and their appearances are in design.

Plot:Take the role of a shipwrecked man, who woke up on a desert island, after walking a bit inside his forest you notice that something is wrong. Dolls thirsty to fight redeem the entire island, it seems they lived in it long before. After running away you arrive at a clearing where you meet Alberta who is one of those dolls, but with the great difference that she is civilized. Together they plan the way for you to leave the island, but for this you must rebuild the old town that she inhabited, finding its former inhabitants and among them those who will help you build a raft to leave that cursed island.

Be free to give me your feedback, it is just a demo and many of the systems are still very green, however I work every day on how to improve them within the capabilities that the used engine gives me.

From Northern Horizon I wish you a good day, and good enjoyment.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Hey! Perhaps I will find the time to try out your game, thanks for sharing the demo! The art looks simple, but good. Story doesn't sound too deep, but it doesn't have to if the action/gameplay elements are good. It's also a nice touch to be able to choose either a male or female player, will eventual scenes change according to this game (lesbian scenes if you chose a female, for example)?
Good luck with the development of your game, I am going to follow the progress :D

izumirecord

May 9, 2018
Hi Duck, thanks for write in this post, im little worried about game financing, because until now everything that is drawing goes by me and in that alone I had a long time of development, it is supposed that the demo had to be ready for January, and to save time, I wanted to hire some illustrator to do All the digital drawing section, I suppose the only thing I can do for as long as I continue with the development and prepare the next public demo and polish the systems.

Story doesn't sound too deep
For now, i have somethings planned for the history.

the action/gameplay elements are good
The gamplay elements are in development, but i can advance something here:

-Jobs System: I want to make a skill tree to unlock each job. (As I said this section is fully unlocked by the start of the game, and those are the most basic unlockable classes.)

-The removed Systems: I remove a system:Because I am consuming too much time programming it properly, I also realized that if something happened at an advanced point in the game it would be very frustrating. I'm talking about a "life time" system the same system that was developed for Digimon World, and with the "Evolutionary Branches" system also of the same previously mentioned title.

will eventual scenes change according to this game
That is the point, but that is more work, but it will definitely be a feature of the game.

Thanks for follow my project.

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Wow, that looks really complex! I hope you can implement it all, it sounds really promising :D Funding is hard to find, but if you just work on your game, I am sure it will slowly become more and more popular and you will have a lot of followers too. Just don't give up and keep working hard!

izumirecord

May 9, 2018
Yeah, it really is very complex and if the financing is also complex, but after thinking for a full day about how to continue with the project and about its financing, I have set to work on the next update of the game that it will have, and it is like You told me to get financing I must continue working.

izumirecord

May 9, 2018
//New for next Update.

Zone: Rocky valley.
Areas: D9 D10 D11 E9 E10 E11 E12 E13 F9 F10 F11 F12 F13 G9 G10 G11 G12 I10 I11
Enemies: Squire variant 2, Knight variant 1, Marauder variant 1, Warrior variant 1, Cleric variant 2, Mage variant 1.
Recruitments: Knight, Marauder, Warrior, Mage.
Events R18: Novice 2, Squire 1, Cleric 1.
Change to System: Job system change to Job tree system.

//Realese datails.

Although I do not have an exact date for the release of the next demo, I am sure that it will take less time to develop since the systems are already implemented and configured, apart from the work system that will change for one that lets the player know how to unlock the works.

Once the zone is finished, a demo will be released only for Patreons which will only be able to go for a walk in the new zone.
Blue zone: Public Demo.
Red zone: In development.

//Others

I am currently looking for an illustrator, who can work through commissions, if anyone is interested in showing their portfolio, they are free to send messages to any of the open contact channels.

//Contact

You can contact to consult anything, leaving a message in this thread, contact channels are also active so you can ask freely.
- - northernhorizongames@gmail.com

izumirecord

May 9, 2018
//Realese 0.0.1.2 (Minor changes)

Finally, after a long time, I bring an advance, it is quite small, but I have had a thousand problems during this time, I hope you can understand it, however, for a longer time the changes made are minor, my PC is low-end and I do what I can with what I have.

Changes in this version: -All enemies have changed their battle image (no color).
-New accessible area (no content, only tour).
-Updated menus with templates.
-Updated Squire event (no color).

I want to thank Pani for helping with his labor in this project, the illustrations of the enemies would not be without his services.

Download Here: (Public Build)