Seeking non half ass sandbox games

verticald

Dec 8, 2017
first of all, this place needs a better and a more organized tag and searching system.
I need a game that has been developed by someone older than 12 years old (a game that doesn't over exaggerate body parts in every female character) and currently is playable without seeing the "under development" sign every corner of the game in the first 5 minutes of gameplay. it doesn't have to be complete but it should be worth people's time.
preferably with 2d graphics as I'm tired of downloading 1tb visual novel 3d games at the alpha stage with ripped models from each other. I don't mind good 3d games tho
I don't have a problem with grinding stuff, its way better than playing visual novels

Reactions: Fideliox

verticald

Dec 8, 2017
Have you tried the "good games" tag?
Currently, I don't bother with tags because you can't change the view order on the results. I'm only using prefixes.
I can't find this "good games" tag you're speaking of in . where is it?

Glew

Jul 1, 2017
And i need a pony, but not always get what we want. It's a hard life but not prevent me from being kind and polite.
Here is the catholic horses bathing institution. You have a pony washed and brushed ordered?

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Can't give you something that doesn't exist.
Except maybe some QSP games, but they use RL-Pics

Reactions: wep and verticald

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
preferably with 2d graphics as I'm tired of downloading 1tb visual novel 3d games at the alpha stage with ripped models from each other. I don't mind good 3d games tho
I don't have a problem with grinding stuff, its way better than playing visual novels
That kinda ticks all boxes for me to say that you are looking for something that is extremly hard to come by when you are only looking on this website, to be clearer, if you are looking for games from western developers only. The whole industry is still in the fledgling states, and prefering 2d graphics, not having problem with some grind in a sandbox, at least for me it points to the japanese games there are.

There are a few nice games with 2d graphics on here, but even then they are still in early development, and then theres also the question, do you want an open world, full sandbox, live a full life kinda experience? Because I pretty much, without throwing in text only games, think those dont really exist here. There might be the odd japanese one that would work, but at the moment im not really remembering any of them, and then they might not have gotten any translation.

Maybe elaborate what kind of sandbox experience you are looking for, since you mentioned you dont dislike 3d, just prefer 2d graphics? Including that and knowing a bit more about what you are looking for could help.

Reactions: verticald

X0R

Stay a Mystery, it’s Better.
Aug 5, 2016
have you tried Summer Time Saga by Dark Cookie ?
- 2D
- hours of content
- variety of character
- but has some very unrealistic body types (including MC)

dark cookie is one of the few people that actually putting in a ton of content in his updates and is pretty transparent about his work. no bullshit what-so-ever.

verticald

Dec 8, 2017
That kinda ticks all boxes for me to say that you are looking for something that is extremly hard to come by when you are only looking on this website, to be clearer, if you are looking for games from western developers only. The whole industry is still in the fledgling states, and prefering 2d graphics, not having problem with some grind in a sandbox, at least for me it points to the japanese games there are.

There are a few nice games with 2d graphics on here, but even then they are still in early development, and then theres also the question, do you want an open world, full sandbox, live a full life kinda experience? Because I pretty much, without throwing in text only games, think those dont really exist here. There might be the odd japanese one that would work, but at the moment im not really remembering any of them, and then they might not have gotten any translation.

Maybe elaborate what kind of sandbox experience you are looking for, since you mentioned you dont dislike 3d, just prefer 2d graphics? Including that and knowing a bit more about what you are looking for could help.
maybe it's because of my English and my understanding of "visual novels" and "sandbox" games. but when I think of a visual novel game I think of a game that forces you to go forward in the story and only giving you choices as a player interaction. like . it's not a bad game and it covers a lot my favorite fetishes but at this point there are a lot of bad examples in this genre that makes them risky to download and play. I'm tired of giving these kinds of games a chance as they're not exactly my favorite kind of games.
I wasn't expecting a full sandbox game, but one that at least has some interaction with player and gives you the abiity to do stuff and go places in you own time. I pretty much enjoyed summertime saga and even tho it teases its players with its not yet fuckable characters a lot I don't consider it to be that incomplete.(also the body parts thing is kinda true but its not every single character) I also liked akabur games a lot and have also tried four elements trainer.
what I'm saying is I want games that are actually games (even if its just some routine grind). sorry I should've made my points more clear

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
maybe it's because of my English and my understanding of "visual novels" and "sandbox" games. but when I think of a visual novel game I think of a game that forces you to go forward in the story and only giving you choices as a player interaction. like . it's not a bad game and it covers a lot my favorite fetishes but at this point there are a lot of bad examples in this genre that makes them risky to download and play. I'm tired of giving these kinds of games a chance as they're not exactly my favorite kind of games.
I wasn't expecting a full sandbox game, but one that at least has some interaction with player and gives you the abiity to do stuff and go places in you own time. I pretty much enjoyed summertime saga and even tho it teases its players with its not yet fuckable characters a lot I don't consider it to be that incomplete.(also the body parts thing is kinda true but its not every single character) I also liked akabur games a lot and have also tried four elements trainer.
what I'm saying is I want games that are actually games (even if its just some routine grind). sorry I should've made my points more clear
Okay this helps.

To name a few

Reactions: wep and verticald

verticald

Dec 8, 2017
Okay this helps.

To name a few
Thank you. Imma try Rogue-Like: Evolution as I've played the other three

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
While those arent bad games, not at all, they werent what I was thinking about when someone mentions sandbox. Category would be brothel/management/slave trainer games for them. Since you always do have a clear "goal" or paths.

Fitting in there would be for example some of the japanese ones that are translated, they are definitely not Visual Novels, nearly all of them have 2d art made, and the mostly RPG theme makes it sandboxy enough for your tastes. And they are all finished. So maybe take a look at something like:

But it should be said that some games have a lot of fetishes, some not very often found in most of the "regular" games posted on this site. Im talking about enemies grabbing and groping while fighting them, monsters/creatures having their fun with the characters if you lose, and a lot of other stuff. None of the three have any guro or scat or any real shocking ones though.

Now, one of the many games im waiting on from western developers that have at least more than 5 minutes gameplay already, and with 2d graphic:

Maybe a platformer too? Its really top notch so far, art, sound, even recorded voices for the characters. And the platform part makes it kind of immersive, open world.

and lastly, one the first real adult game from a western developer, back in.. I dont even remember, made definitely before 2010 (if I had to guess, 2008 or so?) and its finished, open world, 2d graphics, and already has a sequel, with the third game in the series being worked on.

First Game:

Second Game:

Now if any of those games work, then the chances are theres definitely more out there to name.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I think what you are looking for requires a lot of artwork (whether 2d or 3d), LOTS of coding (making a sandbox game in Ren'py is extremely tedious), and lots of writing. Summertime Saga releases every few months and has a whole team of people.

I would love to play more sandbox-style games as well, but most devs don't have the funding to put in the amount of work that would require.

zonavike

May 24, 2018
I have run into the same issue as you. The Visual Novels are ok, but aren't games in my book. They are more like choose your own adventure books with great visuals. At least the good ones :). And the amount of "In Progress" games is massive and frustrating at times. I am new to the whole adult games thing, so don't have a ton of help for you. One that may interest you is Superpowered (it is in the Popular Games forum). It is an "In Progress" game, but may check off a lot of the boxes you are looking for, and has quite a bit of content. It takes a while to get to the good stuff, but it is an actual game. A bit grindy, but at least a game and not a Visual Novel. No real animation to speak of, but the artwork is very solid and a wide variety of females. They aren't all waaaaay out of proportion like many games/ novels.

Thanks to all that posted here as it gives me a few others to look into now.

Oh, and I agree the search engine does suck on this forum unfortunately!

sfasdfsdafsda

Jul 24, 2017
which is better for open world , twine or renpy or something else and what engine would that be? im not looking for a 2d openworld game so preferably not unity? why is ren'py not suitable for open world? it doesnt seem as involved as some of the other stuff ive seen done with renpy?