RPGM Noblesse Oblige [v0.11.1.2] [Lord Forte Games]

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
How to kill that obnoxious demon name samsu or something followed the walkthrough and just got overwhelmed every single time when his hp reaches 16 percent
If you followed the Boss Guide, I don't know. I managed to beat him, I don't know why you would loose at 16 percent in particular. His last phase change is at 30%. You can always just make the other choice and don't fight him. It's not a bad choice or anything if you are afraid of that.

weatherfree21

Apr 4, 2023
With the cooldown of the healing skills at some point just can't heal while having very low health so just lose
Well, first off have you tried using potions? Hopefully you have some still.

That being said, I didn't really use any potions to beat him, so it is possible without them. I did find that it's important to use the healing skills as much as possible during the entire fight to keep the party as close to full health as possible. If you hold off on using one while your characters at ~60% health and then use it when they're barely alive it doesn't fully heal them, so you can definitely get sucked into a downward spiral that way. I feel like beating Somnus does take a methodical low risk slow approach to be a sure thing. Otherwise you're taking risks on the RNG going against you on a very thin margin.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
With the cooldown of the healing skills at some point just can't heal while having very low health so just lose
Just played it again. Remember in the dreamscape your evasion suffers. So don't use the cloak on Alexander. Use Bastion and Momentum when available and otherwise use disarm to reduce somnums attack and blitz to interrupt his dream shroud. Use Lisgaea and Ariadne's abilities to keep themselves topped up on health, but remember to purify Alexander immediatly if he gets a sleep spell cast on him.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
The primary benefit is that the Alivaen Order gets fully behind you since they see you taking clear action to protect them and punish the Alcinians. Calysia really likes this. This also serves as a message to the world: the Alcinian's broke the king's law and will be punished accordingly.

Since the Alcinian's other than Lorena have pretty much been nothing more than a hindrance the entire game, it's easy to see how kicking them all out would simplify Alexander's life a lot, not to mention its going to be a lot easier to prevent another atrocity if they aren't allowed to organize openly in Versalia.

This is not to say there's not pros and cons to either choice, but it definitely is an appealing option to banish them to me personally.
Appealing yes, but also very short sighted. In the grand scheme of things choosing to banish them is in my view a really bad decision. Yes, the current leadership of the order is all composed of good people who are buddy buddy with the current king. But remember the last plague.

The sad reality is that if you only have one group in your country in control of a resource as valuable as magical healing that group has you by the balls. And it always will. And you are left with no recourse but to pray that the current leaders of that group are nice enough people not to squeeze too hard.

By keeping the Alcinians around, especially in a role subservient to the crown you create a counterbalance to that. A second force that is indebted to the crow and therefore breaks the monopoly. Even should they grow strong enough to become a force in their own right again or turn against the crown that still creates a situation that is far more favorable because you always have one or the other on your side by sheer virtue of the fact they dislike one another and will always pick opposing sides.

weatherfree21

Apr 4, 2023
Appealing yes, but also very short sighted.
I actually don't think it's as clear cut as this. In particular:

The sad reality is that if you only have one group in your country in control of a resource as valuable as magical healing that group has you by the balls. And it always will.
This statement is true in the abstract but does not hold true for the Alivaens because whether or not you banish the Alcinians they will continue to exist as competition. There is now an established alternative to bowing to the Alivaen's whims, and that is to invite the Alcinians into the country to take away their trusted position.

The next time an Alivaen leader like Athanasia is faced with a plague and decides that she wants more power, she's going to know that trying to hold the country hostage leads to:

1) Her personal death and historical recrimination
2) The people will turn against her order (which is a loss of power)
3) The likely return of the Alcinians (historically proven to work to solve the manufactured crisis)
2) A likely long term destruction of her order as the Alcinians work at first subtly and then openly to destroy it

So if this hypothetical leader wants more power and influence, the last thing she's going to do is repeat that mistake. Especially because expecting a third chance to redeem themselves is absurd in the extreme.

You can definitely argue that keeping the Alcinians in the kingdom provides stronger competition and is a safer option to prevent this, but I think there are countervailing factors.

The Alcinians have proven themselves hostile to any and all competition. While obviously the deal with Lorena is predicated on fixing this problem, it's no less likely that her reformed order could grow corrupt again than that the Alivaen leaders would repeat their leader's historical mistake. The difference here is that if the Alcinians fall back into their genocidal ways, the Alivaens could easily be destroyed before there's any chance to stop them.

So you could end up with an Alcinian monopoly on healing magics by default, and then where would you go for competition?

And more importantly, if you let them stay, the next leader of the Alcinians is going to look at history and say: "Eh, we won't get kicked out for this. Let's do it." So by not banishing them, Alexander is setting a bit of an unfortunate precedent.

So broadly speaking, I do agree that maintaining a competition between the orders is good, but I don't think it's a good enough reason alone to justify letting the Alcinians stay despite their crimes. Banishing the Alcinians is not short-sighted, just a different kind of risk, just as letting them stay is a risk of its own.

Reactions: lostone2

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I actually don't think it's as clear cut as this.
Of course not. If nothing else it relies on having a future line of kings capable enough to manipulate or at least play one off against the other. But nothing is simple or clear cut when it comes to ruling. So on that we agree completely.

This statement is true in the abstract but does not hold true for the Alivaens because whether or not you banish the Alcinians they will continue to exist as competition. There is now an established alternative to bowing to the Alivaen's whims, and that is to invite the Alcinians into the country to take away their trusted position.
Is it? If you banished them once completely will they be willing to just come in as if nothing happen next time you come crawling back? Or will they demand a price be paid. And just how high a price?

We both know the answer to this. The price they will want is nothing short of abolishing the other and make them the one and only state religion and monopoly on magical healing. And than they'll be the ones holding your proverbial balls.

And if their behavior so far is any indication they will squeeze hard.

The next time an Alivaen leader like Athanasia is faced with a plague and decides that she wants more power, she's going to know that trying to hold the country hostage leads to:

1) Her personal death and historical recrimination
2) The people will turn against her order (which is a loss of power)
3) The likely return of the Alcinians (historically proven to work to solve the manufactured crisis)
2) A likely long term destruction of her order as the Alcinians work at first subtly and then openly to destroy it
That's all fine and well. But again, doing so would also cost the country a lot and just exchange one monopoly for another. And likely a civil war to boot. There is a reasonable claim to be made that the king at the time will see this as a very bad if not unacceptably bad option when compared to just caving for what ever demands they have.

Is it a reasonable stance to take? Maybe, maybe not. But it is a very plausible one. And history shows us that's more than enough for people in high places with a lust for more power.

You can definitely argue that keeping the Alcinians in the kingdom provides stronger competition and is a safer option to prevent this, but I think there are countervailing factors.
Not just stronger competition but competition you control. Remember, the deal is not to let the order of Alcinia it self stay but to allow for the existence of a reformed order which is funded by and thus controlled by the crown directly.

The Alcinians have proven themselves hostile to any and all competition. While obviously the deal with Lorena is predicated on fixing this problem, it's no less likely that her reformed order could grow corrupt again than that the Alivaen leaders would repeat their leader's historical mistake. The difference here is that if the Alcinians fall back into their genocidal ways, the Alivaens could easily be destroyed before there's any chance to stop them.
Hence the funding thing. It's easy to miss in the dialogue but the king directly asks for her new order to NOT tithe people or charge for healing but to only and exclusively rely on him for funding. That alone basically makes it impossible for them to break away in the near term as it not only prevents them from self funding but also from accumulating large amounts of wealth or weaponry without notice.

That I feel is the crux of the matter here. Without that provision you would be absolutely right. But with it, what we have is quite literally a local version of the Alcinian order but on a leash.

And by the time they do manage to slowly build up enough trust and support to make that leash longer and longer their position in society will hopefully be cemented enough that they are just another organ of power like the army or the Alivaen order or anyone else who is too busy politiking over who gets a larger piece of the state pie to try and flip the table completely.

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
Of course not. If nothing else it relies on having a future line of kings capable enough to manipulate or at least play one off against the other. But nothing is simple or clear cut when it comes to ruling. So on that we agree completely.
One advantage Alivians have over Alcinians is that by there very nature they are pacifist worst they can do they already did and while it was very tragic they can never directly threaten crown and are magnitude easier to deal then Alcinians. Even worst cirssis created by Alivinas can be solved almost by every king one way or another. Dealing with Alcicnians necessarly demands above average competent kings which is problem in big enough time fame.
We also should take in consideration fact that Alivians served crown faithfuly for very very very long time.

Is it? If you banished them once completely will they be willing to just come in as if nothing happen next time you come crawling back? Or will they demand a price be paid. And just how high a price?

We both know the answer to this. The price they will want is nothing short of abolishing the other and make them the one and only state religion and monopoly on magical healing. And than they'll be the ones holding your proverbial balls.

And if their behavior so far is any indication they will squeeze hard.
While what you say is definitely possible i don't think that after civil war is over they will have remotely same prestige or influence you think they will have. First its not binary choices there are a lot of diffrent gods and religions and if it ever came to that many of them would be very happy to become state sponsored religion in kingdom. So if crown will ever need another faction to balance Alivian order and Alcinias make unreasonable demands crown will always have many other alternatives. They need crowns permission more then crown will ever need them.
After civil war is over its also highly likely that these branch of Alcinians will be declared heretics and greater order will do everything to distance themselves from them . They will be happy for every opportunity reclaim there prestige.

That's all fine and well. But again, doing so would also cost the country a lot and just exchange one monopoly for another. And likely a civil war to boot. There is a reasonable claim to be made that the king at the time will see this as a very bad if not unacceptably bad option when compared to just caving for what ever demands they have.
They have monopolies on very diffrent things.

Hence the funding thing. It's easy to miss in the dialogue but the king directly asks for her new order to NOT tithe people or charge for healing but to only and exclusively rely on him for funding. That alone basically makes it impossible for them to break away in the near term as it not only prevents them from self funding but also from accumulating large amounts of wealth or weaponry without notice.

That I feel is the crux of the matter here. Without that provision you would be absolutely right. But with it, what we have is quite literally a local version of the Alcinian order but on a leash.
These is possible best argument for kepping Alcinian order but it still has its downside.
Basic problem with Alcinians is that you can never ever truly become there secular leader because they already have one and its not you. They will never truly be dependant on you because they will always have diffrent options.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
While what you say is definitely possible i don't think that after civil war is over they will have remotely same prestige or influence you think they will have. First its not binary choices there are a lot of diffrent gods and religions and if it ever came to that many of them would be very happy to become state sponsored religion in kingdom. So if crown will ever need another faction to balance Alivian order and Alcinias make unreasonable demands crown will always have many other alternatives. They need crowns permission more then crown will ever need them.
After civil war is over its also highly likely that these branch of Alcinians will be declared heretics and greater order will do everything to distance themselves from them . They will be happy for every opportunity reclaim there prestige.
So your argument is that Alcinians are inherently untrustworthy, corrupt and aggressive, but you are also sure that they will immediatly renounce their former branch after it has been kicked out of the country?
Why would they? They are the state religion of pretty much every other country on the continent. Their power in individual countries varies, but they are immensely powerfull as a religion. Why would they cowtow and accept your version of events for the deeds of the Avalonian branch of Alcinians after you just kicked them out? They have no reason to, doing so would, after all, negatively impact their own reputation as well.
The more likely outcome is that Alexander will be branded an infidel who conspired with the Order of Alivae in order to fabricate reasons to ban the Alcinians, severely hurting diplomatic relations with most other countries on the continent. He would be lucky not to face calls for a Holy Crusade. There are plenty of believers of Alcinia in the country after all, the church would have no trouble justifying a war to "free the true believers from the reign of an infidel".
Sorcerer's on the throne are already considered an affront by most of the other countries on the continent.

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
i want to start by saying that i think that broadly not banishing Alcinians has its advantages and associated risk and same goes for banishing them. its more of what kind of risk and advantages you want to have in future rather one being good in short term and other in long term.

So your argument is that Alcinians are inherently untrustworthy, corrupt and aggressive,
in my opinion because of how there religion is structured they by default are more inherently untrustworthy and aggressive then Alivians. i would not say corrupt.

but you are also sure that they will immediatly renounce their former branch after it has been kicked out of the country?
Why would they? They are the state religion of pretty much every other country on the continent. Their power in individual countries varies, but they are immensely powerfull as a religion. Why would they cowtow and accept your version of events for the deeds of the Avalonian branch of Alcinians after you just kicked them out? They have no reason to, doing so would, after all, negatively impact their own reputation as well.
one argument may be that current emperor who is had of Alcinian church has very good relationship with alexander and so is very likely to take hes side (you only get these information if you banish them from what i remember) but even if these wasn't the case here there are still some reasons why denouncing them is better for Alcinian order as whole.

you would have been right in your analysis if religion in these world where Monotheistic but they aren't they are polytheistic and there is very big difference how these religions operate you can go against cult of Alcinians without attacking there religion because Alcinians are one part of these world religion framework maybe most influential but they will never represent whole of it. by same logic while Alivinas may have strongest influence in kingodm i don't doubt they they will have many believers or at least people sympathetic to it outside borders of kingdom who wont really be happy with Alcininas actions. i also don't think that any other worshipers of different god will be happy if Alcininas church wont formally denounce actions of these branch because while Alcinians may don't like Alivinas same doesn't hold for other gods and if Alivinas official say that killing pacifist Alivians is there church policy what will stop them for going for other believers of gods when they are done with Alivians?
also hiding that this happened will be almost impossible and any one who want to know truth will know it.

bigger problem then alienating other gods believers is that they are taking part in civil war on side of rebels. If Alcinian church wont renounce these branch what kind of message does it sent to other country's kings? that Alicinanss believe that they can be kingmakers? i don't really think that other kingdoms kings will be happy with these news that one day there subjects may try to coup them. i think that there is unspoken understanding between every king and Alcininan church that they wont take part in civil war and if they will it will be on side of rightful heir. not condoning there actions Alcinian church threatens these understanding. and its vey highly likely that other kingdom's will try to balance Alcinian influence in there kingdom by promoting other gods.

by not condoning there actions after they fail they will hurt there relationship with other gods believers and give incentive to other kings to decrease there influence which will in long run weaken them.

The more likely outcome is that Alexander will be branded an infidel who conspired with the Order of Alivae in order to fabricate reasons to ban the Alcinians,
all of them represent same religion you cant go banning them it will make other god worshipers a little nervous. and fact that these is lie can be uncovered very easily makes these course of action not very advantageous.

severely hurting diplomatic relations with most other countries on the continent. He would be lucky not to face calls for a Holy Crusade. There are plenty of believers of Alcinia in the country after all, the church would have no trouble justifying a war to "free the true believers from the reign of an infidel".
Sorcerer's on the throne are already considered an affront by most of the other countries on the continent.
other kingdom cannot gain anything by joining these crusade so they will most likely not join it even it was declared. religion is used to justify wars that kingdoms wants to start in most cases it not the main reason for wars. existing geographical reality makes it so that no one will get anything if they will join these crusade so they will most likely wont not join it

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Your whole argument kind of hinges on the fact that you believe that the alcinians will act aggressively and irrational if Alexander chooses to let them stay, but you also believe that they will act calm and clear minded if Alexander chooses to banish them. Which I don't think is a rational expectation to have, the opposite is much more likely to be the case.

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
Your whole argument kind of hinges on the fact that you believe that the alcinians will act aggressively and irrational if Alexander chooses to let them stay, but you also believe that they will act calm and clear minded if Alexander chooses to banish them. Which I don't think is a rational expectation to have, the opposite is much more likely to be the case.
I believe that they will have power to act against crown if alexander successors aren't as effective as he is, not that they will. during alexanders reign i think that they will be very useful ally. I also don't believe them to be really irrational even grandmasters isn't really irrational just very unlucky because if alexander wasn't there these whole discussion would be useless because order of Alvinia would be dead in every way that matters. what i think that may happen is during next succession war they may use power same way or may defect to some another attacking enemy who will give them better terms.

both of these actions also wont be irrational just something that isn't very good for order of Alvinia or maybe even crown.
Avinians on other hand can never do the same because they depend on crown much more.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
I believe that they will have power to act against crown if alexander successors aren't as effective as he is, not that they will. during alexanders reign i think that they will be very useful ally. I also don't believe them to be really irrational even grandmasters isn't really irrational just very unlucky because if alexander wasn't there these whole discussion would be useless because order of Alvinia would be dead in every way that matters. what i think that may happen is during next succession war they may use power same way or may defect to some another attacking enemy who will give them better terms.

both of these actions also wont be irrational just something that isn't very good for order of Alvinia or maybe even crown.
Avinians on other hand can never do the same because they depend on crown much more.
They loose their power if they break their oath, Lorena swore an oath to Alexander, just make each grandmaster do the same to whoevers on the throne.

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
They loose their power if they break their oath, Lorena swore an oath to Alexander, just make each grandmaster do the same to whoevers on the throne.
it would likely alleviate if not solve most problems but i don't think that it can be made official.

lostone2

Jul 1, 2017
The new version is now public:

Changelog:

v0.10.1.0 "Fateful Encounters" Patch Notes
- Significant new section of the story
- Many new locations to explore!
- 52k words of text
- New combat sections
- New optional party member available for those who could and chose to recruit him last update
- Some new content I'm very excited for you to discover but won't spoil =P
- You can now tell steam to apply all eligible Steam achievements to a save imported from a non-Steam version from the Temporal Rift or to correct any missing achievements from having been disconnected when they should have been earned.
- Several new Steam achievements related to party members! Note: Since these were not tracked previously, retroactive credit is not possible.

= Balance Changes
- Slightly lowered the damage of Lorena's Frostshard
- Lowered the bonus damage of Lorena and Ariadne's synergy to 3% per stack of Burning/Chilled instead of 5% per stack. Hitting a Frozen enemy with a fire skill is now 30% extra damage rather than 50%.
- Healing items (including Improved Potion) now do 30% more healing when used by Sindarion.

= UI Changes
- New save screen! Now there are 200 save slots, split into 10 pages of 20 slots. This should hopefully mitigate the lag on opening the save menu. The autosave slot is now Slot 200. Please report any issues with this.
- Characters now have different facial expressions in the battle or party UI when below 25% HP.
- Fixed the F12 functionality. Using F12 to reset to the title screen will now properly clear the battle UI and will no longer make Graphical Object crashes more likely to occur. Please report any issues with this.
- Increasesd the height of the help menu in combat and the skills screen by 1 line.

= Bugfixes
- Implemented the defense piercing property on Blitz from Sindarion's 50-loyalty event.
- Fixed a possible softlock after finishing Sindarion and Ligaea's synergy scene in Chapter 8.
- Fixed the loyalty changes for the choices in a petition being reversed (will be retroactively fixed for old saves in the Temporal Rift).
- Fixed the cost of funding both the healers' guild and a sacred grove in Chapter 8 not being correctly subtracted (will be retroactively fixed for old saves in the Temporal Rift).
- Various minor passability fixes to old content.
- Fixed a bug in which Lorena's absolution registered as a physical attack.

= Misc Changes
- Added text informing the player that the Prince's Regalia adds a new skill when equipped.
- Redid the animation for Cloak Spin (again XD) so it looks less like a debuff.
- Reverted Lorena's Howling Cleave to the old animation as it felt more forceful (and the new one seemed to cause issues for those emulating on Macs).
- Properly centered the Sacred map casting animation like the others.
- Made a new golden map casting animation for members of the Order of Alcina and some others.
- Continuing war on typos. XD Many thanks to StormyAngel for very comprehensive reporting, and to everyone else who has reported them!

maroder

Jun 17, 2017
what are people's ideas about madeas origin? i think these chapter gives us interesting hint that there is one member of royal bloodline who's fate never was determined. or she is just daemon because of how stupid she is.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Noblesse Oblige [v0.10.1.0] [Lord Forte Games]

COMPRESSED: Win/Linux/Mac:
- - -

Legogredo

Nov 12, 2019
I absolutely love that my favorite game The Last Sovereign inspired so many new game like this one, it helped improving the bad rep from RPGM games.
So many??????? I found only this one can be compered to The Last Sovereign. What others are you talking about?

Reactions: maroder
4.80 star(s) 8 Votes