Ren'Py No Such Luck [v0.3] [CSkin Games]

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes

Tinez82

Jan 6, 2023
Yes I just finished up chapter 3 and Im disappointed.... That I have wait for the next update cause I'm really enjoying this story. Great fckn job dev! I was hoping I would get to bang Clara but patience has it's perks. Really excited to see where this is going and how it all unfolds. My only wish is more lewd content but other than that.... Good shit there!

ELTACO

Jun 26, 2018
After playing this blind no mod, it seems like the only one that doesn't have an agenda aside from the pointless sex is Lauren , I'm not sure about any of the frat guys and definitely the track guys are out. It's make it hard to invest in game/story when trust is not there. This is just my initial impression, and I will reserve judgment for now. depending how 0.4 plays out , this is either a sleeping dragon or just a paper tiger.

Reactions: Dalish

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
After playing this blind no mod, it seems like the only one that doesn't have an agenda aside from the pointless sex is Lauren , I'm not sure about any of the frat guys and definitely the track guys are out. It's make it hard to invest in game/story when trust is not there. This is just my initial impression, and I will reserve judgment for now. depending how 0.4 plays out , this is either a sleeping dragon or just a paper tiger.

This is interesting to read. I'm going to be direct about a couple of things. First - some people do have an agenda, others don't. However if I gave the impression certain characters do when I didn't intend to, I'd rather be direct about that (and concern myself with how I can make sure it's more clear in future releases). Because I do not know what path you took, I'll be completely upfront and blunt about a small number of chars - but I'll spoiler tag it. This is a list of characters who I do want it clear have no "hidden agenda". (Note - some characters not listed here may not have one either, but I'd rather leave the rest more ambigious. So just because they're not listed doesn't mean they DO have an agenda - it just means I don't want to be blunt about it either way).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Who are the main Love interests? Jess needs more screen time.

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Who are the main Love interests? Jess needs more screen time.
I've answered this before but - The 5 "main" ones are - Alice, Clara, Jasmine, Molly, Shana. That does not mean they are the *only* paths - but it does mean comparatively they will get more overall screen time than the rest.

As far as Jess goes.... she showed up in the prologue, and then disappeared until CH3. I think it's safe to say she'll show up quite a bit more in the future.

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Fixed it, still getting a ton of "'str' object has no attribute 'append'" errors, though.
That should only happen when you try loading old saves from chapter 1 or 2 - there were significant coding changes for the CH3 release (Alongside some changes to CH1. A few scenes changed, one removed, and 2 new ones added), so old saves no longer work properly and will kick out a TON of errors.

If you have an old save from CH1 or 2, the only fix is to start over.

If you have a brand new save that was created after CH3 was released and you're still getting those errors, it'd be very helpful if you DM'd me your save file so I could look into it.

• Sad
Reactions: free_hk

GazTen

Jan 10, 2018
Okay, i guess unlock scenes in this game is a tough sport. Got literally none except Maria and Lauren. What the hell?

ELTACO

Jun 26, 2018
This is interesting to read. I'm going to be direct about a couple of things. First - some people do have an agenda, others don't. However if I gave the impression certain characters do when I didn't intend to, I'd rather be direct about that (and concern myself with how I can make sure it's more clear in future releases). Because I do not know what path you took, I'll be completely upfront and blunt about a small number of chars - but I'll spoiler tag it. This is a list of characters who I do want it clear have no "hidden agenda". (Note - some characters not listed here may not have one either, but I'd rather leave the rest more ambigious. So just because they're not listed doesn't mean they DO have an agenda - it just means I don't want to be blunt about it either way).

I appreciate the reply and I look forward how 0.4 plays out , I can tell you care about your game , it doesn't seem like milk. So thanks again and good luck with the project.

free_hk

May 20, 2020
That should only happen when you try loading old saves from chapter 1 or 2 - there were significant coding changes for the CH3 release (Alongside some changes to CH1. A few scenes changed, one removed, and 2 new ones added), so old saves no longer work properly and will kick out a TON of errors.

If you have an old save from CH1 or 2, the only fix is to start over.

If you have a brand new save that was created after CH3 was released and you're still getting those errors, it'd be very helpful if you DM'd me your save file so I could look into it.
Starting a new game worked. Lucky that I could still "skip seen".

Is there any way to get those threesome points for the scavenger hunt? Also, I'm really curious if anyone managed to tie with Anna in the final score. Would be quite the feat, I imagine.

Last edited:

Semak34

Apr 12, 2023
noping123 Not responding a text will cause to miss content? I missed a lot of stuff from this update and i'm trying to figure out when and how i fucked up.

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
noping123 Not responding a text will cause to miss content? I missed a lot of stuff from this update and i'm trying to figure out when and how i fucked up.
In Ch2, that is 100% accurate- there are some things in particular that cause you to miss quite a bit of content if you don't respond to texts.

In Ch3 there aren't any cases of that.

In particular, Alice's path through CH2 and 3 are dependent on you responding to a text from her in Ch2. In Ch3, you don't miss any content if you ignore texts - but that won't always be the case. Sometimes it will be necessary to respond, other times it won't be. Currently the biggest "You need to respond to this" is Alice in CH2.

Is there any way to get those threesome points for the scavenger hunt? Also, I'm really curious if anyone managed to tie with Anna in the final score. Would be quite the feat, I imagine.
No, there is not. Some tasks can simply never be completed - although many can. I will also note - Anna isn't a guaranteed winner. There are multiple possible hunt winners, and it's entirely dependent on how you play.

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021

My feedback, for what it's worth.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I would change Jasmine and Shana for Jess as a main Li, she's even hotter than Alice and Clara.
S tier > Molly and Jess
A tier > Alice and Clara
B tier > Jasmine
C tier > Shana

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021
I would change Jasmine and Shana for Jess as a main Li, she's even hotter than Alice and Clara.
S tier > Molly and Jess
A tier > Alice and Clara
B tier > Jasmine
C tier > Shana
My high and low tiers are generally opposite, based on looks alone (entirely subjective, of course):

S tier > Clara, Alice, Lauren
A tier > Mia, Janice
B tier > Jess, Molly, Jasmine, Shana
C tier > none

Taking personality into account:

S tier > Clara (empathic, honest, kind, nothing to dislike), Janice (not enough info to move her lower)
A tier > Jess (friendly, though not a fan of the money thing), Alice (bordering on over-the-top in her impoliteness)
B tier > Shana (grumpy is generally annoying to me, would move up if she becomes a bit nicer), Mia (same as Shana)
C tier > Molly (I don't want to deal with her mental health issues), Jasmine (duplicitous and has a high standard for liking you)
D tier > Lauren

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
My high and low tiers are generally opposite, based on looks alone (entirely subjective, of course):

S tier > Clara, Alice, Lauren
A tier > Mia, Janice
B tier > Jess, Molly, Jasmine, Shana
C tier > none

Taking personality into account:

S tier > Clara (empathic, honest, kind, nothing to dislike), Janice (not enough info to move her lower)
A tier > Jess (friendly, though not a fan of the money thing), Alice (bordering on over-the-top in her impoliteness)
B tier > Shana (grumpy is generally annoying to me, would move up if she becomes a bit nicer), Mia (same as Shana)
C tier > Molly (I don't want to deal with her mental health issues), Jasmine (duplicitous and has a high standard for liking you)
D tier > Lauren

Your "looks" based ranking is interesting to me.

Here's a tidbit of maybe interesting maybe not info -

In the *very early* initial script, Alice and Shana were barely mentioned minor characters - Anna and Lauren were main LI's, Lauren's model was very different (She was blonde for one), and Mia was going to disappear after the prologue and never be heard from again. That was the first of approximately 30 or so drafts before I settled into what you see today. Both the character designs and story were worked on for months before I even got close to actually starting to put together the very first release, and went through a LOT of changes. Some day I might even release some of the stuff I saved from those very early tests and drafts - though that wouldn't happen for a long while if ever.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Your "looks" based ranking is interesting to me.

Here's a tidbit of maybe interesting maybe not info -

In the *very early* initial script, Alice and Shana were barely mentioned minor characters - Anna and Lauren were main LI's, Lauren's model was very different (She was blonde for one), and Mia was going to disappear after the prologue and never be heard from again. That was the first of approximately 30 or so drafts before I settled into what you see today. Both the character designs and story were worked on for months before I even got close to actually starting to put together the very first release, and went through a LOT of changes. Some day I might even release some of the stuff I saved from those very early tests and drafts - though that wouldn't happen for a long while if ever.
I personally like the beauty of:

Lauren (not a personality for a GF, but hopefully she could change)
Clara (also very warm, nice person)
Alice (plus I like sincere and smart people)
Shana (esp. if she stops being a bitch and takes out all that savage piercing)
Paisley (do they want a threesome maybe? or something)

I want them all in my harem.

Jess, Anna, Jen are OK as well. (Jess is nice, and an old friend, and I love freckles).

I'm replaying the 1st chapter so that's it for now.

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes