Daz No light from dome render

youaresoyummy

Game Developer
Feb 18, 2019
Hello i wanna do some renders with Easy Environments: Stairway to Hell (https://f95zone.to/threads/easy-environments-stairway-to-hell.171564/). But i get problems with the Dome&Sky in the renders.
In the preview i can see the the sky and dome but in the render it's like i don't have light. I tried it with more "Environment Intensity" with add. lights with "Environment Map: None" but i can't make the sky visible. Does somebody knows what am i doing wrong?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
The immediate guess here is that you aren't using a camera, but perspective view.

Add a camera (camera icon on top left of UI bar) > Camera Pane (bottom right side) > Headlamp Mode > Off. Then going to the drop-down where it says "Perspective View" and change that to whatever the name of the camera you added was. Here's a quickie since I already have OBS open as I'm already helping another dev with a scene:

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
Did you load the right asset ?
Maybe I'm wrong but you need to load assets with "Iray" in their name (or in the folder Iray), those with "3DL" shouldn't (I think) be displayed with Iray.

So if I look at what's in the asset in your link, you need to load the Iray HDRI and not the 3Delight Skysphere with Lighting.
1710173303481.png

In your screenshot, you should have an image where I've circled in red.

1710173496444.png

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
With the old 3Delite assets, the dome object that is present in the default scene will block the IRAY HDRI when you render. I can see the dome object in the screenshot you posted.

1. Find the "FMEE StwToHell Sky and Light" it in the scene objects list and delete it.

2. Then check that you have the Iray HDRI that comes with the product set in the "image" dropdown of the Environment Map setting in your Render settings (As SaintRNG said above, there should be an item in the product folder to set this correctly)