Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.0] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Overview:
This is a simple Cheat Mod that allows you to set the outcome of No Haven's RNG.
Or at least, that was the original plan. It's bigger now (Which is entirely the fault of everyone else)

Updated: January 11, 2024
Release Date: October 05, 2023
Game/Creator: | / Bedlam Games
Creator Links:
|
Modder: (Me)
Special Thanks to: @Semeicardia
Mod Version: v.7.3.0
Game Version: V.983 - Patreon(Blacktouched/Transformed)
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FUTURE PLANS (apparently I have those now):

Installation:

Change-Log:

If you find a bug or something just isn't working the way it probably should, report it. Preferably with as many little details as possible. The games a convoluted mess, so finding bugs with the line "Yeah, I did *biomancy/corruption/assignment* and it didn't fire as it's supposed to" is just upping the workload on figuring out whether the bug is in the base version or modded version.

Download:
7.3.0: - -

7.3.0(Lightweight): - -
Regalia:
(Thanks to Numbnutts for the Regalia version)

Last edited:

The Halo

Jan 19, 2018
is there a way to affect biomancy and corruption?

well only biomancy since corruption has multible good results

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
is there a way to affect biomancy and corruption?

well only biomancy since corruption has multiple good results
If I can find what decides if biomancy succeeds or fails, I shouldn't have any problems addin in that.
I'll take a look here while I'm updating the dice cheat for v803.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Could you allow us to pick what good corruption result we get? Pretty please? That would make this mod wonderful!
I can probably look into that. It's something I've wanted myself but was too lazy to actually look into.
I'll go over Corruption while transferring everything else into the TF version, but I'm not making a promise. It might take me a bit to figure out how everything in regards to Corruption works.
The game design gets more silly every time I go into these days, and that's because I'm actually learning things about RAGS that I never bothered to figure out in the past.

Reactions: kalifianto

evelelf

Jul 1, 2017
THAT is what I always dreamed about since my first playthrough. Thank you, kind sir!

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Mm. Definitely could be fun to be able to experiment with corruption with a bit more precision. I must confess, I shamelessly keep reloading this page to see if the tweak is comprete-- looking forward to messing about. Cheers.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Update:
Sorry about the delay. Work got a little hectic.

I think I have figured how the game decides Corruption outcome. I think. If I'm not misunderstanding, there are seven or eight seperate things that track the outcome of a Corruption attempt.
I already have an idea as to how I'm going to handle it, I just need to put it into motion and test it before letting you all find out where I probably buggered it.
Should still be today, though, providing nothing horrible happens.

Oh, right. Do you want me to update the current mod to the Patreon version, or are you fine with waiting until I get the corruption tweaker up and running?

Reactions: evelelf

The Halo

Jan 19, 2018
i would say if the corruption stuff uses so many sources that affect the outcome and might (havent played around with it yet) trigger with multi results. that if you have biomancy 100% sucess is in yet a new post now would be good but if you havent completed it yet then the TF tag alone wouldn't bring enough weight to push for a release now

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
If it's not too much trouble, then the updated TF version would be nice to sink our teeth into.

If it's a pain in the backside then you probably shouldn't put yourself any further out and just release the hounds whenever it's convenient.

stuntcock

Jul 5, 2018
the biomancy that has 0% possibility is not working when i try to put it to 100%
Those outcomes are impossible.

It's not that they're locked behind an absurdly difficult dice roll. The code which would implement a successful outcome (i.e. randomly change a race) simply does not exist in the Biomancy timer. BedlamGames shows you a "Near Impossible" label in order to deter you from clicking on those options - but if he was completely honest then the label would read "Not Implemented Yet - Please wait a few months". I'm not sure whether he would even consider it acceptable from a lore/balance standpoint for the player to perform such operations reliably, because they normally require ancient artifacts or intervention by higher powers. Even minor biomancy changes (such as breast expansion) currently incur health damage, so a radical change would presumably impose a significant risk of death.

The futanari change can be implemented (by cheaters/modders) fairly easily; only a few lines of code are needed. We could borrow the narration text from one of the corruption events, or just write up a pit of placeholder text.

The race change is trickier, because of the way in which descriptions (on the Examine page) are implemented. It's easy to change the character's race string (eg. switch "Goblin" to "Lamia") but that's not quite sufficient. You'd also need to splice the relevant sentence fragments (such as "her lower body is similar to that of a snake and her tail is covered in fine, shining scales") into the appropriate array indices.

The programmer would also need to apply some cleverness (e.g. tapping into chargen logic) or brute-force coding in order to sanitize the results. Example: if a human gets mutated into a harpy then they ought to gain the Flying trait. If a harpy gets mutated into a drider then they should probably lose the Flying trait. There are many tiny details (and potential bugs) to worry about - which is (I presume) why BedlamGames hasn't finished implementing that feature yet.

LegionOfOne

Nov 25, 2017
First, thanks for the great idea and the actual development of the mod, these options are very useful.
The biomancy option works great, in that biomancy never fails to produce a result. However, sometimes it still targets you instead, with a random effect applied. An option to choose whether biomancy affects the intended target or backfires on you would be quite fun, and the same for corruption. Maybe you could borrow the code from Itzpahuk (or something), the strong right hand that has a greater chance to target you with his corruption.
A little tip for the players who miss the character creation options : use the old modded version, with all traits at 0 cost, to create and export a character. You can then import and play it in this new modded version.

Reactions: evelelf

evelelf

Jul 1, 2017
If it's not too much trouble, then the updated TF version would be nice to sink our teeth into.

If it's a pain in the backside then you probably shouldn't put yourself any further out and just release the hounds whenever it's convenient.
Same here

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
I'll update after I got off work tonight with the fixed version of the current mods, and a few QoL additions.
Corruption is going to take me a lot longer than initially expected, as just trying to find and manipulate which random modifiers control which settings, and figuring out why some work 100%, and others 2% of the time, is proving to be a hassle.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes