Cheat Mod RAGS [ON HIATUS] No Haven: Cheat Mod [v0.79 TF] [Bedlam games]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
You have 3 options basically:
1) Try to find a cracked version of 3.0.60 Designer, which could be a challenge
2) Buy the lincense for 3.0.60
3) Wait for me finishing the move to the new version.

If you are concerned about dice rolls, I'll try to incorporate that in the new version of the cheat mod, but I make no promises as to if, how or when I'll get that implemented.
Finding a crack for the 2.4version was a miracle in and of itself, considering the limited use and nature of the software, so I'm doubtful I'll find one for any other version of RAGS.
Buying the license is something I've teased in the past, but as I said, these days it is something that I'm unlikely to get any real use out of.
So, aye, I will wait -... nevermind, cracked it myself, all problems averted (I expected a challenge that was beyond me. Not simplicity incarnate. Sorry).

And it's not so much concerned about the rolls, as I enjoy the random nature of some events. Winning all the time isn't a pleasant experience, either.
It's more to the fact I can and have lost all my slavers, one immediately after the other, after playing a rather long game. That's happened multiple times, which has soured how the game handles RNG for me. So being able to control that whenever a win is needed is nice.
So no, there's no need for you take any additional time for that.

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Wow 3.0.60 really is a lot faster. But my issue with 3.0.60 is there does not seem to be any way to change font size and the default is far to small for me. Is there some way I've missed to increase it? If not is there some way you could make it large through what ever way you are modding the game? I generally find that a size smaller then 16 to be a huge strain on my eyes.
Press Ctrl + either the plus button (num pad + or numeric +) or Ctrl + mouse wheel up, both of these will increase text size in Rags Player 3.0.60.
Press Ctrl + Mouse Wheel up works in Rags Player 2.4.16 as well.

Finding a crack for the 2.4version was a miracle in and of itself, considering the limited use and nature of the software, so I'm doubtful I'll find one for any other version of RAGS.
Buying the license is something I've teased in the past, but as I said, these days it is something that I'm unlikely to get any real use out of.
So, aye, I will wait -... nevermind, cracked it myself, all problems averted (I expected a challenge that was beyond me. Not simplicity incarnate. Sorry).

And it's not so much concerned about the rolls, as I enjoy the random nature of some events. Winning all the time isn't a pleasant experience, either.
It's more to the fact I can and have lost all my slavers, one immediately after the other, after playing a rather long game. That's happened multiple times, which has soured how the game handles RNG for me. So being able to control that whenever a win is needed is nice.
No worries :)
I am porting to the new version either well and it is a nice feature, so I might as well include it.

Reactions: Tealover

bahabob

May 14, 2017

I just found this post:

Followed the directions exactly and was able to edit the 3.0.60 designer so it worked.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
I just found this post:

Followed the directions exactly and was able to edit the 3.0.60 designer so it worked.
Hell, I would have liked to have seen that post before I went through the effort of figuring that out myself. While simple nonetheless, it still took me a little over an hour to do it with the tools I have (and to figure out what needed adjusting), but it would have taken me all of three minutes with that.
Aye, thank you kindly; I'll keep that thread in mind should RAGS update and I need to redo the crack. DNSPY is a lot smoother than what I was using.

Gaggy

Aug 23, 2016
When it is ready, no sooner, no later.
I'll try to get it out this weekend. If I do not manage to get it out this weekend, it will not be out until between the 23rd and the 29th, as I am on vacation from the 16th to the 22nd.
that sounds gloriously TOASTY

sorcan

Jul 14, 2017
Press Ctrl + either the plus button (num pad + or numeric +) or Ctrl + mouse wheel up, both of these will increase text size in Rags Player 3.0.60.
Press Ctrl + Mouse Wheel up works in Rags Player 2.4.16 as well.
Thank you! You just made No Haven that much more enjoyable for me! Not having to wait 20+ sec for "quick" load does alot. ^^

Reactions: Semeicardia

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
the only thing i miss right now is trait editor and self-casting.
everything else is not a deal breaker.

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Thank you! You just made No Haven that much more enjoyable for me! Not having to wait 20+ sec for "quick" load does alot. ^^
You are welcome :)

the only thing i miss right now is trait editor and self-casting.
everything else is not a deal breaker.
Well, the way traits was coded into No Haven makes it a hell and a half to make mods for.
And if I recall correctly, my cheat mod does allow you to REMOVE ALL traits and add traits, so technically a trait editor is in there.
And in what regards do you mean self-casting?
Biomancy? Corruption?

stuntcock

Jul 5, 2018
it's cast on oneself. basically everything you cast but on yourself.
The systems are coded separately. It's not possible to apply a one-size-fits-all fix which would allow self-selection for all applicable actions (such as self biomancy, self corruption, self training, self hypnosis, self enslavement, self punishment, self assignment to camp roles, etc).

Therefore Semeicardia wants to know which system(s) are of most interest to you. If it's a simple request then he might be able to include it in the next cheat-mod release. But an open-ended request for self-selection is quite daunting (lots of code to review, lots of testing needed, significant risk of bugs) and so it would probably be treated as a low priority.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
BM,Corr there is no much to select-cast in NH anyway.
is self training possible and what benefits it will give ? as far as i understood all those training will be lost when they are made slavers. what NH lacking is compitent wiki or any sort of documentation.

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
it's cast on oneself. basically everything you cast but on yourself.

ik,i was talking about v0.8 not 0.7
Well, all of the current features are going to be moved over to the new version.

The systems are coded separately. It's not possible to apply a one-size-fits-all fix which would allow self-selection for all applicable actions (such as self biomancy, self corruption, self training, self hypnosis, self enslavement, self punishment, self assignment to camp roles, etc).

Therefore Semeicardia wants to know which system(s) are of most interest to you. If it's a simple request then he might be able to include it in the next cheat-mod release. But an open-ended request for self-selection is quite daunting (lots of code to review, lots of testing needed, significant risk of bugs) and so it would probably be treated as a low priority.
That is correct. If you can not already select yourself for an action such as corruption, biomancy or any other action already, even if I made it possible to cast it on the MC, since there are no special text written for the MC the MC would most likely just be treated like any other generic slaver, which is not what you want.

BM,Corr there is no much to select-cast in NH anyway.
is self training possible and what benefits it will give ? as far as i understood all those training will be lost when they are made slavers. what NH lacking is compitent wiki or any sort of documentation.
I am not sure Self training is possible.
You are probably right in regards to Slave --> Slaver. So self-training would not serve any meaning purpose, I suppose.
There is an .

Jul 12, 2017
Well, all of the current features are going to be moved over to the new version.

That is correct. If you can not already select yourself for an action such as corruption, biomancy or any other action already, even if I made it possible to cast it on the MC, since there are no special text written for the MC the MC would most likely just be treated like any other generic slaver, which is not what you want.

I am not sure Self training is possible.
You are probably right in regards to Slave --> Slaver. So self-training would not serve any meaning purpose, I suppose.
There is an .
I'm not expert in RAGs or anything of course but there is a slaver that can be trained right? one of the unique slavers at the start, alice the maid or something, could the same system not be implemented for the player character (even if it had no real game impact just roll-play why not)?

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
I'm not expert in RAGs or anything of course but there is a slaver that can be trained right? one of the unique slavers at the start, alice the maid or something, could the same system not be implemented for the player character (even if it had no real game impact just roll-play why not)?
Firstly, the system is not designed to have the player character (MC / PC) being trained. All of the content that involves the PC is expanded in that it has more detailed descriptions and what not. Even if the training system was re-purposed the PC would be considered a regular slave, with all that follows, being raped and will degradation for instance.
So while yes, the system exists, if it was re-purposed it would not feel like it was actually the player in the scene and all of the downsides of training would be included. So I would not really say it is feasible with the current system.

Reactions: Schönes Fräulein

stuntcock

Jul 5, 2018
could the same system not be implemented for the player character
Probably. The boolean logic (for candidacy) is straightforward. Descriptions would become weird because (as Semeicardia said) the game does not provide any appropriate text. And the game mechanics would clash. Narratively, the player character is temporarily under someone else's control and at someone else's mercy ... but meanwhile they can still send slavers out on assignments, perform nightly activities, and they even get to choose whether their own training will be harsh or gentle.

In terms of role-play, this ought to be a very dangerous activity. The player character is in danger of being dominated, seduced, bound, caged, usurped, sold into slavery, branded, gelded, and suffering a Bad End. The player character would (presumably) agree to such a thing only for very extreme reasons - for example, they need to practice subservience and cunnilingus in preparation for a special Infiltration mission. Or perhaps the player character is being manipulated (by a hypnotist slaver, or a demon possessing their body) into the Training activity.

But the game can't actually deliver such scenarios (yet). It would instead be a risk-free "cheat" experience. You would need to ignore the on-screen text and fill in the role-play details from your own imagination.

(even if it had no real game impact)?
It actually does have some minor impacts on the game. RAGS is a poor platform on which to build a complex simulation, but BedlamGames has been fairly consistent in his design and implementation of systems. Slaves and slavers (mostly) use the same set of attributes. Example:

Great Plains > A Word in Your Ear

This assignment involves a "negotiator" character (must be slaver) and a "fellator" character (anyone is allowed here - it could be a slaver, a slave, or even the player character).

Let's imagine that there's a slave character who has undergone obedience training and blowjob training, then dominance training, and has finally being promoted to slaver status. We assign this character to the "A Word in Your Ear" mission (second slot). This character's former training is counted as an asset; the mission will have a greater chance of a Critical success outcome because the slaver is trained in fellatio.

So if you want to role-play an encampment leader who is a former slave, then you could (potentially) use a future version of Semeicardia's cheat-mod to assign the player character into training sessions. You could subsequently send the player character out on relevant missions, and the game mechanics would reward (or punish) you for doing so.

Caveat: very few missions include Training items among their Success/Fail criteria. Building a simulation game in RAGS is messy, so BedlamGames will inevitably omit a few things from mission definitions. "A Word in Your Ear" ought to consider the "Natural Cocksucker" trait as a success factor ... but it doesn't.

I wish that the whole thing was built on a modern software development platform so that we could just edit a few lines of XML and then submit a git pull request :)

Reactions: Schönes Fräulein

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Probably. The boolean logic (for candidacy) is straightforward. Descriptions would become weird because (as Semeicardia said) the game does not provide any appropriate text. And the game mechanics would clash. Narratively, the player character is temporarily under someone else's control and at someone else's mercy ... but meanwhile they can still send slavers out on assignments, perform nightly activities, and they even get to choose whether their own training will be harsh or gentle.

In terms of role-play, this ought to be a very dangerous activity. The player character is in danger of being dominated, seduced, bound, caged, usurped, sold into slavery, branded, gelded, and suffering a Bad End. The player character would (presumably) agree to such a thing only for very extreme reasons - for example, they need to practice subservience and cunnilingus in preparation for a special Infiltration mission. Or perhaps the player character is being manipulated (by a hypnotist slaver, or a demon possessing their body) into the Training activity.

But the game can't actually deliver such scenarios (yet). It would instead be a risk-free "cheat" experience. You would need to ignore the on-screen text and fill in the role-play details from your own imagination.

It actually does have some minor impacts on the game. RAGS is a poor platform on which to build a complex simulation, but BedlamGames has been fairly consistent in his design and implementation of systems. Slaves and slavers (mostly) use the same set of attributes. Example:

Great Plains > A Word in Your Ear

This assignment involves a "negotiator" character (must be slaver) and a "fellator" character (anyone is allowed here - it could be a slaver, a slave, or even the player character).

Let's imagine that there's a slave character who has undergone obedience training and blowjob training, then dominance training, and has finally being promoted to slaver status. We assign this character to the "A Word in Your Ear" mission (second slot). This character's former training is counted as an asset; the mission will have a greater chance of a Critical success outcome because the slaver is trained in fellatio.

So if you want to role-play an encampment leader who is a former slave, then you could (potentially) use a future version of Semeicardia's cheat-mod to assign the player character into training sessions. You could subsequently send the player character out on relevant missions, and the game mechanics would reward (or punish) you for doing so.

Caveat: very few missions include Training items among their Success/Fail criteria. Building a simulation game in RAGS is messy, so BedlamGames will inevitably omit a few things from mission definitions. "A Word in Your Ear" ought to consider the "Natural Cocksucker" trait as a success factor ... but it doesn't.

I wish that the whole thing was built on a modern software development platform so that we could just edit a few lines of XML and then submit a git pull request :)
You are right, I have said earlier and I will say it again: Certain systems in the game are not meant to be targeted on the player and even if they were re-purposed the text would act like the player is just any slave or slaver.

And yes, even if you could self-train it would have impact not only from a narrative, mechanical and logical standpoint, it would actually defy the sole reason for the game and it would most certainly end with a BAD END game over.

On the notion of using a more modern platform: I am currently developing a No Haven-esque / No Haven-like game in RAGS, that will have more focus on the camp itself and "local" surroundings rather than taking missions over a whole continent. It will also have pure skill-checks rather than Skill-modified RNG.

Once I am done with the RAGS game, which will serve as a mechanical and narrative prototype, I will develop a server-side online browser game. I know this notion will go against a lot of people. It being server-side has it upsides and downsides. Most people would fear potentially losing access to such a game. But if I ever get to a point where I do not want to support my browser game (once I have actually created it) any more or I finish developing it, I will create an offline, downloadable version. Some people will ask why I would not just create an offline version from the start. The answer is simple: While developing my game, I would prefer to be in control of the experience people get from my game and that all people can get a similar experience, that is most easily achieved by server-side coding. Once the final version of the story and the mechanics have been developed, developing an offline version is quite easy. Also having it online means I can provide carry-over bonuses and achievements (with unlocks) for instance.

Kid101

Jan 29, 2018
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned/implemented or not, but would it be possible to add the ability to make use of your slavers, similar to the false goddess scenario?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote