VN Ren'Py Abandoned No Fairy Tale [Ep. 1 Preview] [Peaceful Lilith Lab]

Sleel

Mar 2, 2018
For me natural looking lips, faces and bodies is the way to go. I hate boobs looking like bowling balls or over inflated balloons which may explode anytime, lips looking like overdeveloped hemorrhoids. :)

Anyways it's your game, do as you wish and like, but I hope you'll decide to go with more realistic proportions, good luck.
Yeah. Not looking like an inflatable doll after plastic surgery would be a good start.

Reactions: peaceful.lilith

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
Can we get rid of the step part? It just breaks the immersion, since your fantasy is about incest, not fake incest.

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Can we get rid of the step part? It just breaks the immersion, since your fantasy is about incest, not fake incest.
If you are on Patreon then you kinda have to keep the step part. Incest is forbidden on Patreon. So your best hope for these kinds of games is that they make a incest mod.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
If you are on Patreon then you kinda have to keep the step part. Incest is forbidden on Patreon. So your best hope for these kinds of games is that they make a incest mod.
I may be wrong, but doesn't Patreon consider step-family as incest?

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
Yeah, I was thinking about a lewd patcher kinda thing. Luckily your game has a nice mod now.:extremelyhappy:

peaceful.lilith

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2018
Figured I'd leave a review since I know how much I myself appreciate getting them for my game.
Thank you for the long review ;)
As for the pros well thank you
As for the cons I will look into them for sure. I'm getting a lot of complaint about the lips :winkytongue: so most likely they will change.
About the hovering sofa, it is really funny, nobody noticed that, I did not even saw it myself, thank you :)
The reason for the orange tone is the outage of power and early morning light, the lights will make everything to look normal again o_O

Aaaaand it started. It was enough with a single minute of gamplay to ppl want to change your game, and the worst of all you gave in. I hope you know that rabbit hole will never end.

Congrats and good luck with the vn, looks promising.
XD True, but what else is the reason of releasing a preview version? other than that hearing people complain? :p
thank you

Like everyone else said the reason is patreon, I think a patch will be imminent.
Anyway I thought being step family is better than being tenant and landlady :rolleyes:

And for every one else who wants to see the fairy, you can wait for the next release, I had to wait for the story to move forward. I don't believe in dropping all the characters like a bomb, the proper way of introducing characters is one by one along the story.

Thank you all for playing the game and telling me what you think. :heartcoveredeyes:

Reactions: Paprika

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
So this makes...3 games with a fairy that involves mind control of some kind?

Long live the Princess, The awakening, and now this?

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I get nervous when devs make substantial changes to their models after a demo just because of some criticism, but good lord the lips are just... not good. Unless you're making a parody or purposefully using an outlandish caricature style that extends to other elements of the art, sometimes change is a good thing!

This is good IMO
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe it's the duckface in this one, but it's not attractive

This just looks unnatural

I'll give the next update a go when the fairy makes her debut... her lips look juuuuust right :)

Unyversu

Oct 6, 2017
No incest = No Playcest! Will wait for when incest get's added by lewdpatch or somthing, what i don't understabd is why you put the incest tag in the genre if it is the stepmom, i haven't played it yet tho so mabye mc has a sister or somthing idk

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Also this image: View attachment 127948 Why is the couch hovering and also why does everything look, cartoony or something?
About the hovering sofa, it is really funny, nobody noticed that, I did not even saw it myself, thank you :)
Just because no one mentioned it doesn't mean that no one noticed it. However, I did not find any other issues with the other renders. Trust me, I've done these kind of physics defying renders before. That's why I have a habit of scanning my render 20x over to make sure that everything is in order. Photoshop also goes a long way to fix smaller problems that are only a few pixels big.

The reason for the orange tone is the outage of power and early morning light, the lights will make everything to look normal again o_O
Alright, it just looked weird in my opinion since most mornings are not that orange. But if that's what you were going for I can kinda see it now.

Aaaaand it started. It was enough with a single minute of gamplay to ppl want to change your game, and the worst of all you gave in. I hope you know that rabbit hole will never end.

Congrats and good luck with the vn, looks promising.
XD True, but what else is the reason of releasing a preview version? other than that hearing people complain? :p
thank you
Just remember that only around 3 people or so complained about the bimbo lips/breasts before you mentioned that you would change it, while there are actually more people that have played the game. The people that actually comment in this thread are probably a minority of people who played it, so it's weird to make a decision after just 3 people mentioned it. Although in this particular case, I think it was a clever decision to agree and actually communicate that you would change it, since you're still so early in the development process that it doesn't change much. And overall it seems like people wanted it changed.

And for every one else who wants to see the fairy, you can wait for the next release, I had to wait for the story to move forward. I don't believe in dropping all the characters like a bomb, the proper way of introducing characters is one by one along the story.

Thank you all for playing the game and telling me what you think. :heartcoveredeyes:
I commend you for wanting to introduce characters properly and not bombarding the players with introduction. However, why did you focus so much on the fairy prospect and then not have her in the first version of the game at all? Since you're selling the game with the prospect of a fairy which sparks people's interest, and then when they finish the game, they are left confused. If you wanted to give a proper backstory and character introduction, then you could've first introduced the fairy and then you could've done the backstory with flashbacks and/or exposition by the MC or other characters.

Hopefully you'll release the next version while the people's interest in the game are still here. The second version of the game is one of the most important ones in my opinion. Since it gives player a comparison between v0.1 and v0.2 and also gives them insight on how long you take between the updates and also how you as a game developer evolve with the game.

Also on a side note. I checked your Patreon page and saw your goals. It is your own choice to display or not display the amount of earnings you gain from Patreon, however the goals are really hard to know if you don't have anything to go on. How will your patrons know how close you are to the goal if there's only a percentage displayed?

Just so you know, these are all my personal opinions garnered from my own experiences in adult game development. I do not claim to be an expert on any of these things.

- FFCreations

tg

May 1, 2017
In terms of the fairy, I'd rather expected to see her with arms and legs wrapped around the PC's dick when he woke up with that hard-on. I mean, that's what I was literally expecting. But no. But, maybe the game could have like a groundhog day idea to it, where you wake up again and again, and one day you wake up to see that fairy just like I imagined it. This, when the fairy is already established in the story. Groundhog day, you know it?

Anyway, I doubt it's going to be that way, since I think the author already has a story in mind. I do hope the introduction of the fair is some kind of dick-wrapping wake up call though. That would be perfect.