• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

New to charastudio, not able to move the main camera completely: ok panning, but how do you rotate it in the main scene?

sweesh

Mar 9, 2020
Hello,

I recently approached charastudio while I understood ho to mostly move my camera with the arrow keys:

pan up/down -> pgup/pgdown

pan left/right -> left arrow/right arrow

zoom in/out -> up arrow/down arrow

I still haven't understood how to rotate around the scene in order to properly aligning the puppets.
For instance, given the following scene containing 2 puppets and 2 cameras:

Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 19.53.43.png

how do I position my self on their side (let's say so I see the whole group form the right side) so I can properly align the 2 puppets and the cameras for the various shots?

Moving things in the Z axis (blue axis) is extremely difficult as well form my current frontal-only position.

Please note: I'm doing this on a laptop so I lack: a 3rd mouse button and a numpad

thank you very much to whoever will enlighten me :D, my google foo really failed on this one.