• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

New dev trying desperately to fight procrastination

Lupanar

Jan 28, 2023
Hi everyone. I've been registered on this forum for about a year under another account, but this time I felt like jumping the shark and actually join the adult community as a new dev. I was just a player originally, but I was so charmed by the passion and the sheer fucking will of some devs trying to make this scene a legitimate thing, that I said fuck it, I'm in!

I've spent years after graduating trying to motivate myself to reopen Unity, but in the first years, with trying to get a job and a roof above my head, my hobby had to take the backseat. But now that I'm safe, I really struggle to find the will to get back to gamedev. I don't know why, it's just painful to open the (empty) editor and think about the colossal amount of work I'd have to do for even the simplest of games. I'm not an artist, just a programmer. I come from an art school where I sucked ass at drawing and 3D modeling, so all my dreams about the cool games I wanted to make will need to learn everything from scratch again. I'm too shy to ask people to join me on my projects, or me joining them, and I can't really pay anyone as I don't know anything about the process behind all that shit.

And in the end, I don't have anything to show up. I can do stuff, I just never feel motivated enough to do it. I get easily overwhelmed and I give up all my projects, and I end up gaming all day for some cheap domapine like a crack addict. Next Wednesday there is the Straberry Jam 8, and the week after that is the NSFW Mini Jam 2. I'll be participating in both, and try to put out at least something, anything, just to get through my procrastination.

And uh... I never know how to end my paragraphs, so... Anyone here playing DCSS?