RPGM Abandoned New Beijing [Day 7] [Banished]

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes

ajmay2

Mar 19, 2019
You guys are funny. Here it is: Mega

Anyway, I'm sort of back. Not with game dev but with just pure writing. I feel like I can better explore the fucked up scenarios in my head this way.

Hope you guys enjoy my new content, and NB day 8 (lol). It's probably the best day <3
much appreciated <3 , but do you also have a changelog for us?

stalingrad72

May 13, 2021
Hey was playing that day 8 patch that banished posted. Just wanted to note that when the compliance score gets below 0 and you get taken away, I was unable to find a way to actually sleep in a cell. And if I had an item on me, I would get locked in a conversation with Dahlia (I think is her name) that I couldn't get out of without resetting the game. Not sure if the game is still being worked on but just thought I would share some bugs I found.

4elnokist

Nov 8, 2020
Same happened to me. Had to finish the game without losing the compliance points.

Last edited:

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
You guys are funny. Here it is: Mega

Anyway, I'm sort of back. Not with game dev but with just pure writing. I feel like I can better explore the fucked up scenarios in my head this way.

Hope you guys enjoy my new content, and NB day 8 (lol). It's probably the best day <3
Holy fuck i actually missed this post.
I think what happened is i got a notification that the thread had been posted in, saw taler's post,didn't respond, then didn't get any further notifs.
Was playing through a different FeMC foot-focused submissive MC game that was updated a few days ago and it made me wanna play this, so i konw what i'm doing tonight.

CuteTrapFeet

Dec 28, 2019
I really like this game it's sooo humiliating, especially when people you knew and respected you now treat you like their foot slave. One thing i am not sure about is the bored system. I mean i have minus points forever(-60) and can't study anything. I don't believe you can afford to be bored, there is not way to have time enough to entertain yourself. Maybe this can be fixed by having it stop at 0 and not go infinitely negative. I hope this gets finished as it has great potential.

Last edited:

banished

Jun 27, 2018
I really like this game it's sooo humiliating, especially when people you knew and respected you now treat you like their foot slave. One thing i am not sure about is the bored system. I mean i have minus points forever(-60) and can't study anything. I don't believe you can afford to be bored, there is not way to have time enough to entertain yourself. Maybe this can be fixed by having it stop at 0 and not go infinitely negative. I hope this gets finished as it has great potential.
You might be playing a somewhat old version. There's now a phone you can scroll on that refills a bit of recreation, but its not as efficient as playing the drum game.BTW I fixed a day 4 bug in Lucy's house that is pretty debilitating to new save files

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zred.

Wyper

Nov 10, 2018
Omg, is this not abandoned anymore with your patreon post saying youre working on day 8?! Couldnt be more excited

FDMuser

Mar 16, 2021
Banished (making a game) - no! script sucks! I don't get anything! I'm better off making comics!
We (play Harshvil) - this is a masterpiece! (playing New Beijing) - it's just super.
The only crappy script I remember was for Game of Thrones, and that was only in the last season. I sincerely hope that sooner or later Banished will return to the games and give us at least some endings (or better, continuations) ....
Comics are certainly cool, BUT in comics there is NO choice (even if it is an imaginary choice).
Banished, man, with all the bugs and inconsistencies, your 2 games were GREAT!

FDMuser

Mar 16, 2021
I really liked the old 3ds in Harshville, even though they were not ideal in terms of 3d art, they created their own special atmosphere. Especially Danica and Mistress Ryan. And what many called a minus - the inconsistency of the renders of the RPG appearance with the models, for me PERSONALLY was even a plus, it's always interesting how this or that girl will look in 3d.
I literally got high from the abundance of characters in the game and the only thing I lacked was the number of renders and not their quality.
With New Beijing, essentially the same story. It's like I started watching an interesting movie and after 20 minutes someone pulled the plug from the socket and said - now you're going to read comics dude!

banished

Jun 27, 2018
The fourth and final patch for Day 8 is now up at the $2 tier for both windows and mac. It tackles many bugs but especially the western class repeating for non-bitch classes as well as a lucy apartment bugs. If you haven't reached the final Lucy morning scene (technically day 9) because of these bugs, try it now!

Done2

Feb 22, 2023
The fourth and final patch for Day 8 is now up at the $2 tier for both windows and mac. It tackles many bugs but especially the western class repeating for non-bitch classes as well as a lucy apartment bugs. If you haven't reached the final Lucy morning scene (technically day 9) because of these bugs, try it now!
Will there be an Update with new content? :)

Tialden65

Sep 14, 2023
Does anyone know how to get the scene that's in the title page with Ayane and the two girls handcuffed together? I think I've tried doing everything in the prison and maxed out the different skills but I just get the one at night where she takes you to her room and the game ends.

LAKueiJin

Apr 15, 2020
banished Are you still working on NB day 9? I'm asking because the last post on your patreon in which you mention day 9 is from July, and patch 4 of NB day 8 is also from July (5 months ago) and still available only for supporters. I used to love this game when I first played it years ago, and if day 7 and day 8 are also good (on my old playthrough I think day 6 was the last released one) and you are still working on day 9 I think I will pledge some support (so the main question is whether you're still working on the game), but also, is the latest version never going to become publicly available for free anymore? 5 months is a pretty long time for it to stay paywalled...

LAKueiJin

Apr 15, 2020
I think there is a chance Banished might've disappeared/taken another break from making games, as there's been no activity from them either here or on patreon in many months (if someone has discord access, it'd be helpful to know if they're reachable or not), but, regardless of whether this game will be updated again or not, the weekend content, as well as day 8 and a scene in the morning of day 9 where Summer gets to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is pretty good, so I'll leave here some gameplay tips for anyone who wants to play to the end of the current content and not drop their grades by much! So, if you have trouble with time management, keep the following 3 things in mind and staying the top Western student should be a breeze:

1. In the first 2 days or so, when you still have access to the computer lab, use it to expedite doing homework

2. Try to level up both your history/lit and science/math skills early on as it shaves a whole hour from the time you need for homework

3. Do not waste your money or time on the bongo game after the first time you have to go there with your roommate! In fact, there is a bug that allows you to not waste any time on recreation - when it's 11 pm and the game sends you back to your room to sleep, you can still take out the smartphone and scroll through the news! You can actually do so as many times as you want, and doing it 4 times each night means you get 20 entertainment points, which is just enough to finish both homeworks on the next day. (assuming you have the time - on some days you still won't) And yes, I know this is a bug, but tbf when I was in college I'd often go to sleep at 2 or 3 am and wake up in the morning the next day, so it's not that unrealistic... :LOL:

Speaking of bugs, be careful that if you use the phone during lunch break in the first day for some reason you get a time-skip to the Barang class for the 2nd day, (I tried doing that to advance time as I couldn't find where Summer is supposed to sit in the lunch room - you can also use the phone twice during lunch break every day if you need any extra entertainment points btw, and only then eat, as it is a bit ridiculous tbf that the lunch break takes 3 hours by default, but to advance time at lunch you have to sit with Molly, your roommate, at one of the tables in the lower part of the screen) so just sit with Molly and don't do that!

If you're into Asian dommes you'll enjoy this game, even ignoring the nonsensical post-ww2 alternate timeline (yes, I'm certain China could've easily become a superpower in an axis victory timeline where Japan left their whole country in ruins, or that the Chinese wouldn't have hated the Japanese like Yue Nozaki more than the westerners in this alternate history and definitely also put her potentially in an even lower Barang caste...) or the fact that I don't think Banished speaks any Mandarin or knows that much about China. Why do I suspect that? The word "Barang" for example sounds either Korean or maybe Indonesian/Tagalog and actually couldn't even exist with the sounds of Madarin, (the cantonese term "gweilou", meaning "devil/ghost man", which was often used derogatively for white people and in mandarin would be "Gui Lao", as well as more tame words like "Bai Ren" or "Lao Wai" would all be better choices) and even "Singha Boulevard", the street between Summer's dorm and the school, sounds Cantonese, not Mandarin.

That said, I jokingly think of this universe as the way Johnny Harris believes actual irl China is like :LOL: (I mean, it's even got the totally not made up "social credit system", known in this game as the Barang rating/points) and I do not take it too seriously, but plenty of the humiliation scenes are really hot, which is why I hope banished will return and finish this game! Happy new year everyone and I hope at least somebody here finds my gameplay tips useful! :)

EDIT: Banished's profile says "last seen December 18th" here on f95, so they've been around more recently even if they haven't posted anything, but I'd still be grateful if someone who has discord access confirms the dev is still working on this game, as we had no news about it in a long time...

Last edited:

Shonan

Jul 27, 2020
I'm stuck inside the classroom :/ I can't do anything and i don't know what to do. The game says i have to wait till the presentation or something finish but the class is empty... help?

pabo

Oct 28, 2018
I'm stuck inside the classroom :/ I can't do anything and i don't know what to do. The game says i have to wait till the presentation or something finish but the class is empty... help?
Please specify the day and what was before the scene where you got stuck (if still relevant).

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes