Ren'Py Nemesis Party: NTR, OR NOT [v.008 Development Thread]

NemesisGames

Nemesis Party: NTR, or NOT
Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
EADEC4AC-DD3C-4820-9668-AE0FDDB41718.png

Overview:
It's Glendale High's last house party of the summer, where you’ll either win over your long-time crush, Emma Winters, or lose her forever. The problem: your ex-girlfriend, Tara, will be there, and she’s got revenge on her mind. You broke up with her, and now she’s trying to get every girl at the party, including Emma, to hook up with the school’s star basketball player - an old nemesis who is as cunning as he is tall, muscular, and hung.​

Thread Updated: 2023-09-21
Release Date: TBA
Original Title: Nemesis Party: NTR, or NOT
Developer: NemesisStudios
Version: 0.07
Language: English

Warning: It’s best to consider NTR unavoidable in this game. If this annoys you, please find another game and leave the thread for discussing for other topics.

NTR is unavoidable because you can only “win” vanilla scenes with some—not all—of the female characters during a single play-through. The ones you neglect will succumb to your Nemesis. This cannot be changed even if you beg me - it is written into the title, story, and gameplay mechanics.

Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gameplay Mechanics:

Changelog:

FAQ & DEVELOPER NOTES:
SCREENSHOTS:
7538174D-BFC3-4EE5-9864-BD1F59C2E95A.png 203D8A6A-1A66-40FF-ACAE-D1F9D0885848.png 997E219B-7E07-4813-9836-F9F1E5662AB4.jpeg DEFA2296-F81B-442E-8441-730CD76D442F.jpeg CB33ABEB-4908-4FF0-AEC2-613C1A814087.jpeg 82CC2F27-6A4F-4B7B-ABE5-56FDA5F1530D.jpeg 1B524F6D-3160-4EA1-AD8A-E424361EDE9C.png

Last edited:

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Looks promising. I like the art style and premise. I'll keep an eye on this.
I don't care about NTR as long as the basics of the game are good. Story, mechanics, and art. (y)

PS: It doesn't seem like it, but if a read-through for spelling and grammar, and punctuation would help, hit me up.

NemesisGames

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
i'm sure he is the nemesis :BootyTime:
I thought you were joking for a minute, but then I remembered that half the NTR genre is the 'ugly old man' trope. If that's your thing, I'm sorry to inform you that the nemesis in the game is a character that a real woman might actually want to sleep with.

Looks promising. I like the art style and premise. I'll keep an eye on this.
I don't care about NTR as long as the basics of the game are good. Story, mechanics, and art. (y)

PS: It doesn't seem like it, but if a read-through for spelling and grammar, and punctuation would help, hit me up.
Thank you!

I've written novels before and readers had very few complaints about my spelling and grammar, so I think I should be okay on that end.

However I will soon be needing a couple of beta alpha testers to find any game-breaking bugs I didn't catch, as well as give me feedback on story and gameplay.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

NemesisGames

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
ImprovedFeatures1.jpg

0.03:

We’re quickly approaching the point where I feel ready for a public demo. I have a bit more content to add, and then I’ll be looking for “alpha testers” to catch any bugs I missed, and give me gameplay feedback.

Upcoming Work:

• Possibly adding blurring to a crowd so that the party feels “alive”.
  • Weaving elements of ‘sharing’ and ‘femdom’ into the story. These aren’t my fetishes but I don’t mind tweaking scenes to add this for others.
  • Finish renders and story for Turn 4 and 5, as well as the arrival of the nemesis.
Updated Gameplay:

• Redesigned UI, including the background party scenes, to a night-time “house party” aesthetic.
  • Upgraded skins and realism on Emma, Abbie, Lily, Farzad, and Mr. Malik. Jasmine had a complete re-work for her character design.
  • Added music, sound effects to already existing scenes.
  • Finished dialogue/story up to Turn 5, just waiting on renders and gameplay balancing via the points system.
  • Finished renders up to Turn 3, including the quest content for whether or not Benji is cheating on Emma.
  • Added string interpolation with Python, so repetitive code doesn’t need to be added every time I create a new turn.
  • Fixed bug of main menu not appearing, as well as a million other bugs.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

NemesisGames

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
nemparty_update004.jpg

0.04 Closed Alpha:

The game is now available for any volunteer testers who want to look for bugs and give story feedback! Please either direct message me or leave a comment in this thread.

Updated Gameplay:
  • Finished all story up to Turn 5
  • Finished all renders up to Turn 5
  • Added 3 new erotic animations (for Tara, Abbie, and Emma. All non-NTR.)
  • Fixed save game bugs
  • Fixed game menu showing wrong images
  • Integrated ‘sharing’ option. This is available if you have positive nemesis points with the Nemesis himself, as well as with the girl you want to share with him.
  • Added new male character, Ziggy, who’s only purpose right now is to help you spread and counter rumors, and can explain upon request how to win over different girls.
  • Removed text box for dialogue since it often blocks the player’s full view of images.
  • One million other improvements/additions I can't be bothered to write
Upcoming Work:

• Full implementation of the rumor system
  • Continuing story and renders through to Turn 10
  • Content toggle switch upon starting a new game: turn NTR that you may encounter from heavy to light, turn humiliation on or off, turn cuckolding on or off, and turn male-on-male on or off.
  • Showing what quest you will be spending action points on when you click 'serious discussion'
  • Audio balancing (Alpha testers, I apologize to your eardrums in the meantime)
  • Small fixes for content up to Turn 5 (Jasmine is wearing the wrong clothes in the party room, for example)

Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Ummm, why is his shirt text backwards? :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Looking very good, everything looks like you've got it together pretty well so far.
One minor thing in the preview shots: the old guy's shirt has major poke-through in the 2nd of the thumbnail images on the first post.

NemesisGames

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
Ummm, why is his shirt text backwards? :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Looking very good, everything looks like you've got it together pretty well so far.
One minor thing in the preview shots: the old guy's shirt has major poke-through in the 2nd of the thumbnail images on the first post.
Whoops! Added to the list of small things to fix.

Thanks for pointing out the poke-through! That preview is from 0.01, and the render has been fixed in this version.

Reactions: osanaiko

NemesisGames

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
0.05:

This update focused on finishing the foundation of the game: the core mechanics, specifically the rumor system. Thanks to Saint Blackmoor for testing the last update, the closed alpha is now over.

The next update will be a public demo release, which I’ll be posting in F95’s actual Games forum, as “0.06 Public Demo” on September 30, 2023 at 2PM EST. Development updates will be found there from now on, as well as on my Patreon.

Updated Gameplay:
  • Removed “Nemesis Countdown” concept. Previously, five turns would pass before a love interest succumbs to either you or the Nemesis, depending on Nemesis Points. But that meant there would be five erotic scenes hitting you all at once, followed by a five-turn wait until the next avalanche of sexy times.
  • Instead, to keep the sexual tension progressing evenly, I’ve switched to a “Nemesis Carousal” so that each love interest takes turns where they succumb to either you or the Nemesis.
  • Full integration of the rumor system, starting with five rumors that the Nemesis can spread about you and vice versa, and included more clear instruction from Ziggy on how rumors work.
  • Updated user interface and buttons so that it matches the rest of the art style.
  • Pickpocketing certain characters now gives you a chance of finding Abbie’s lost nudes. Skill modifiers may be introduced in the future, but for now, let’s keep it at a simple 50/50 chance.
  • Added content toggles during game intro so players can switch NTR from “regular” to “light”, and on/off for cuckold, humiliation, and male-on-male content. Skipping content does not affect main story comprehension or gameplay.
  • During game intro, you can select your personality type, which will tweak the main character’s dialogue options a bit. But it is purely superficial - it has no impact on the story, choices, or gameplay.
  • Mr. Malik no longer has a “three-strike rule” until game-over. Instead, being caught stealing or perving will result in negative Nemesis points with that character.
  • Took the first steps toward introducing “party favors”, an in-game currency system, that you can use to influence characters. (In keeping with my “minimal-grind” policy, the act of gathering this currency will reward you in the process.)
  • Removed Jasmine’s heterochromia since the mismatched eye color ended up being more creepy than sexy. Skin adjustments will continue for her until she looks more realistic.
  • A ton of code adjustments, small render adjustments, etc. that are too many to list.

Upcoming Work:
  • From now to the release of the public demo will mostly be polishing, including:
  • Color balancing on the character images in the main party room.
  • Adding clickable doors to initiate scenes where characters are supposed to be in other parts of the house.
  • Breaking up some of the “wall of text” conversations with some different renders, since nobody wants to read a ton of words, as evidenced by the likelihood that nobody is reading this changelog.
  • Adding clickable phones, speaker, backpack, wallet, alcohol, etc. (They will be highlighted with the help button, so you don’t spend forever clicking random things to find them.)
  • Adding music, sound effects to existing scenes, balancing audio
  • Refining MC’s dialogue based on the player’s chosen personality type.
  • More render touch-ups in Photoshop
  • PNG compression
  • Additional guidance for selecting what to spend action points on.

Last edited:
Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

NemesisGames

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
Uploading the game has taken longer than anticipated, as the file size is bigger than I intended.

Public release of the demo will likely be delayed until Monday, or Tuesday at the latest. Reminder: It will appear under the normal 'Games' forum, not here, after the thread has been approved by the mods.

NemesisGames

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
April 2024:

I’m reviving this thread to keep F95 users informed about development progress for Nemesis Party’s updates. These posts will mirror what I post on my Discord.