need some feedback on the art for our game (P.I.M.P.)

shiza

Mar 6, 2017
My artist friend made some sprites and a background for our game Phantoms in Middleton Park. I was wondering if you guys could give you your thoughts on it.

shiza

Mar 6, 2017
They look masculine. Wide shoulders, narrow hips. Shadowing on armpit and neck looks weird to me.. Like she has armpit hair. Brunette is more beautiful than red-head. At least more feminine. Good luck in your project.
thanks for the feedback I posted this on similar forums and received much of the same feedback so I'm glad we caught it very early before making a gallery of sprites.

revan335

Aug 5, 2016
Yeah gonna have to agree Kim especially looks rather masculine. Narrow the shoulders and widen the hips a bit. Of course each character is built differently, take that as you will.

Reactions: ConfusedBeard

ConfusedBeard

Jun 5, 2017
I have to agree, way to masculine.
The stance, the pose and lines, take the girl on the left for example (in purple), her thigh looks like it belongs on a footballer, just because of the lines and shadows, and it's much to wide.

A girl normally don't take such wide stance, they try to keep it tight, by that I mean arms and legs closer to their body while males tends to spread, just take a look at red carpet pics, adult photoshoots and you will see what I mean.

This is all constructive criticism, I hope it will help =)

EYECRED

Jun 6, 2017
Definetly it feels like the shoulders are a bit too wide, therefore you get the reverse triangle shape of a male.Maybe have a look at some korean style(?) paintings as they kinda seem to be close to the anatomy you want to achive :).That aside, I personally love the art style and colors you used, beside the line work.As it kinda seems too strong?Maybe try other colors than black?I dunno ^^

Bubblegum Raptor

Jul 8, 2017
I agree with the others, very masculine. If this is your friends style, you can always change the theme of your game to fit the ladies. Maybe they can be female wrestlers or superheroes :)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I think that they are both pretty cute, but the gal on the left definitely works out! That isn't necessarily a bad thing, depending on her storyline. Otherwise, shoot for thinner arms and legs.

R.E. the gal on the right. Here are a couple of suggested tweaks that might help make her look more feminine:

galrightthinner.jpg

I made her arms thinner, added a bit of curve to her backside, and removed the 'lower lip squigglie' because it made her look older IMHO. It's far from perfect (working with photoshop trtansforms, and the smudge tool), and there are some further tweaks you could make I'm sure, but this might be a direction to go with her.

Dunno if this fits the artistic style you are shooting for, and I don't usually like to critique other people's artistic expression, but you were asking for suggestions so hopefully this might help, without insulting the artist in the process (that is not my intent).