Need interior artist

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
Struggling to find any assets for a lot of the interiors I need. I don't know how it works since I've never worked with anyone before, I likely won't be able to pay until there's a patreon up and running with patrons.

What I need is someone who can make interior presets like the ones you'd find in the Daz shop that I can import into Daz Studio based on the concepts I have for them.

If you're able to do this, please PM me to discuss it.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I once painted our bedroom, does that count?

My wife hated it, it was a bit patchy and she got our son in law to redo it but that's beside the point.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
If you want to be different, use Lumion 8. It easy use for beginner with maximum render quality.

2 drawback. Your PC must be decent, if not awesome. And you have to match your character camera angle and lighting with the environment as the char and environment produced from different software. Unless you want to import the environment model to the 3rd party software for mix it and rendering altogether.

But if you can only operate DAZ, and don't want more problems by learning and operating another 3D software, then forget what I'm saying.

PotatoNinja

Nov 19, 2017
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if its possible to export Unreal 4 environments for use in DAZ or any other commonly used engines? I ask as I've been doing some of the architectural rendering tutorials and I might have some free time on my hands to put some...I guess "sets" would be the word together for use. It's good practice, and I find it relaxing and fun.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if its possible to export Unreal 4 environments for use in DAZ or any other commonly used engines? I ask as I've been doing some of the architectural rendering tutorials and I might have some free time on my hands to put some...I guess "sets" would be the word together for use. It's good practice, and I find it relaxing and fun.
I know Daz can be exported to Unreal so it may well be the same in reverse

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
You seem to lack some basic info about DAZ - maybe i can fill some gaps here:

DAZ has a propriety format for their figures but everything can be exported into other formats. That's how creators actually produce most of the morphs, clothes and props.

Knowing this it will not surprise you that things can be imported as well. DAZ understands the very common 'obj' format. Meaning that basically every model you can find out there can be used for import. There are also scripts to import other filetypes but you can safely ignore that as obj is one of the most common formats to be found around.

If i read your OP correctly you are actually looking for someone who would create entire scenes including textures etc in ie Blender or 3DSMAX. You might want to rephrase that part to attract the right people.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
You seem to lack some basic info about DAZ - maybe i can fill some gaps here:

DAZ has a propriety format for their figures but everything can be exported into other formats. That's how creators actually produce most of the morphs, clothes and props.

Knowing this it will not surprise you that things can be imported as well. DAZ understands the very common 'obj' format. Meaning that basically every model you can find out there can be used for import. There are also scripts to import other filetypes but you can safely ignore that as obj is one of the most common formats to be found around.

If i read your OP correctly you are actually looking for someone who would create entire scenes including textures etc in ie Blender or 3DSMAX. You might want to rephrase that part to attract the right people.
Yeah that's sort of what I'm looking for, obj files never seem to come up when i try to find them on Daz studio

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Yeah that's sort of what I'm looking for, obj files never seem to come up when i try to find them on Daz studio
The reason is that DAZ themselves are interested in marketing their own shop and assets. They are a business after all that has to make money. But other sites also provide assets in DAZ format but most if not all of those assets are usually not made in DAZ but other applications. Thus they are provided in several formats and obj is one of the very common ones.

bugglebox

Jan 13, 2018
The reason is that DAZ themselves are interested in marketing their own shop and assets. They are a business after all that has to make money. But other sites also provide assets in DAZ format but most if not all of those assets are usually not made in DAZ but other applications. Thus they are provided in several formats and obj is one of the very common ones.
Nah I meant like I download them and then I open the program but they don't seem to show up in my library at all

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Ah - gotcha. The infamous content library. Your stuff shows up in basically 2 areas. One is what DAZ calls the 'smart content'. Only things installed via the DAZ Install manager will show up as a product in that area.

To get external assets to be part of the library you have to save them after import.
The steps are basically like this:

1. Empty your scene so its completely blank
2. import the obj
3. save as... (here you chose what kind of thingy it is)

after you saved it you can use it in all kinds of future scenes etc

Reactions: M$hot