Need help with antivirus

StealthPyro

Aug 17, 2018
I use Avast Free Antivirus and Locale Emulator, I am not sure which version LE is, but it is probably not the most current version. I have used this LE multiple times with seemingly no problems, I also scanned it with Avast when I first downloaded LE. The problem I have is that the other day I tried using LE not in Admin and Avast flagged it as a threat and moved it to it's quarantine. I did a full scan of my computer after that and it came back with no problems. My question is if Locale Emulator is safe to restore and continue using, or if I should stop using Locale Emulator.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I use Avast Free Antivirus and Locale Emulator, I am not sure which version LE is, but it is probably not the most current version. I have used this LE multiple times with seemingly no problems, I also scanned it with Avast when I first downloaded LE. The problem I have is that the other day I tried using LE not in Admin and Avast flagged it as a threat and moved it to it's quarantine. I did a full scan of my computer after that and it came back with no problems. My question is if Locale Emulator is safe to restore and continue using, or if I should stop using Locale Emulator.
There are frequent occurences that happen like this, and it is most often known as "False-Positive" situation. That being said I am not going to deny the fact that you got to be careful WHERE you download things from. Locale Emulator is a ... well emulator for RPG games right? That is for RPG Maker 2000/2003 games ?

Reactions: StealthPyro

StealthPyro

Aug 17, 2018
There are frequent occurences that happen like this, and it is most often known as "False-Positive" situation. That being said I am not going to deny the fact that you got to be careful WHERE you download things from. Locale Emulator is a ... well emulator for RPG games right? That is for RPG Maker 2000/2003 games ?
I downloaded my Locale Emulator from where I see a lot of people say to download it from, I can't remember if I used the github or mega link, not sure if that matters though. I only use LE for games like the Taimanin visual novel series.

tatsu2000

Jul 7, 2022
You can also test your files through virustotal . com. It has multiple testing engines and helps to determine if something is really a virus or a fake total.

Reactions: StealthPyro

StealthPyro

Aug 17, 2018
You can also test your files through virustotal . com. It has multiple testing engines and helps to determine if something is really a virus or a fake total.
I restored Locale Emulator and ran it through a scan on virustotal and Avast and it came back fine. So it was just a false positive, thank you for your help.